Help With Terraria

I've been playing Terraria for a few weeks and love the game. I bought the game via steam, so before you ask no I did not pirate it. I told my friend about the game, however he has a mac, and Terraria is not supported for macs. We found out that by using a "mac wrapper" you can run Terraria on the mac just fine, so he purchased the game, installed, followed the directions and it loaded up. We played for hours yesterday and everything was running smooth

Fast forward to today, and Terraria 1.1.2 update was released (incredible timing, i know.). Now we can no longer play together, because steam auto updated my game to the new version, but we can't figure out how to get his updated. So my question is this

Can anyone help me figure out how to ether A: Update his version to 1.1.2 so we can play together, or B: Revert my game back to 1.1.1 so we can play together.

Again, we both purchased the games, we did not pirate them, this is just incredibly terrible timing with the update, we were looking forward to killing the 3rd boss today :<

Also note: since the update, whenever he tries to reinstall from steam he gets an error message stating that Terraria is not available on his platform. This DID NOT happen yesterday, he was able to download the game, but would receive the error if trying to play it via steam

Try going to the Terraria Forums, a quick google search will point you to them.

I've done this, unfortunately the forums aren't as popular as MMO champ so I figured posting here would yield quicker responses.

I've reached a band aid of a solution, unfortunately the only thing I could think of was to just install a cracked version of 1.1.1 and rename the folder. This means I launch it without steam and everything seems to work (some things seem a little buggy) but since my saved data has been updated to 1.1.2, I'm unable to used my saved character on the cracked version. So, we get to play, but I lost everything.

At least the we're able to play it, but if anyone has any ideas or solutions we can try to get his client updated that would be great, this game is amazing and we've logged in so many hours over the last 2 days