Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your release date promise!

Post in here what you plan to do to celebrate the announcement of the release date, and try your best to stick to it!

I plan to go out to dinner at Buckley's Great Steaks (very fancy steak house in my area, cheapest dinner is like 35 bucks...) and have a amazing meal, and after that I am going to go to this Chinese bar in my area for some pre-game mai tai's. After that, will probably gather/meet up with any of my friends and just get fucking shit faced drunk. I used to smoke a lot of weed but haven't in a long time, but I still know people that can get really good weed, so I will most likely roll a huge blunt to smoke when I get home from all of that.

And that will be my big gay nerdy release date celebration! What will yours be?

Smile briefly then go back to whatever it is I was doing

not much, a release date announcement is not really anything to get that excited about. I will have fun once I get it and start playing.

Deleted
    I will keep hoping this game is as good as I expect.

Sigh, guess this thread wont fetch the excited/humorous posts I was kind of hoping for. Will most likely be the "Ugh...nothing you loser...pfft!" style posts. Oh well, fuck me for trying.

hehe...good effort
    ummm...lets see...buy a bottle of whisky, log GW1 and kill 100 Charr...taking a small shot each time.
    Then log forums and rant like a drunken fool
    Can't wait

Deleted
    Quit my job, sell a kidney so I can live off that for abit, make my wife sell her eggs on the internet and then forever play GW2, also stock up on ready meals and energy drink.

That better?

Stare at my screen until the countdown to release ticks to 0 Hours 0 Minutes 0 Seconds.

I'll be very pleased, and then I will take that day (an maybe another day or two afterward) off from work so that I can have a nice, long, uninterrupted day of play.

I would probably take my Charr Plushy and dance around my house for a while screaming like a school about how GW2 finally has a release date. After years of following this thing I can't wait for the date to pop up. I'd probably do it in my underwear too, actually.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    Stare at my screen until the countdown to release ticks to 0 Hours 0 Minutes 0 Seconds.
    Oh yeah and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have some moment of joy in my life, find out if it's near any major sale-days/holidays, then we play the waiting game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Joy-rant on the forums.
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Play GW1 and kill 9001 Tengu (because they should never be an added race. Dumbest suggestion from the GW2 community since WoW fans asking for Pandaren).
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Tell all of my friends.
    Die of alcohol poisoning and never actually see the release of GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the release date is announced? Go eat at baton rouge *super high class restaurant here* and then continue about my daily life as a gamer/student checking up on these forums, and looking at further announcments from arenanet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Joy-rant on the forums.
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Play GW1 and kill 9001 Tengu (because they should never be an added race. Dumbest suggestion from the GW2 community since WoW fans asking for Pandaren).
    Drink a 5th of rum.
    Tell all of my friends.
    Die of alcohol poisoning and never actually see the release of GW2.
    Woh woh woh, how are the Tengu as bad as Pandaren?
    Pandaren = joke race from WCIII put in for comic relief.
    Tengu = Slightly more badass than Sylvari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell my boyfriend immediately and then pre-order 2 copies

Tell the people Im planning on playing the game with that a release date has been announced and then carry on doing what I was doing.

I may also pre-order my copy assuming I can find a good deal.

We need more hype in this thread
    How about we create a vent channel and all hype together?
    A drunken drawing contest? Singing Contest? The possibilities are endless!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    We need more hype in this thread
    How about we create a vent channel and all hype together?
    A drunken drawing contest? Singing Contest? The possibilities are endless!
    I'll totally come in drunk and karaoke the shit out of some metal.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I can get behind this idea.

Preorder a copy of GW2 and put in for that week off work, then stock my minifridge with some micro brews and move it next to my computer desk.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Metal. Shudder
    I respect your choice and opinion though! haha
    I think i'll do some Manic Street Preachers personally "A Desgin for Life" would work nicely