Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

5 Years Later: Twilight Princess

I recently completed Skyward Sword and it was an incredible game. I am trying to get into Twilight Princess but it feels so dreary. I've completed the first dungeon so far.

I keep hearing how amazing this game is as well. Should I keep going or is this one not going to click?

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Twilight Princess was an incredible experience both as a Zelda game and just as a game in general. It took the darker and somewhat grown up themes of Ocarina of Time and expanded on them. I remember walking into Castle Town for the first time in TP and thinking "Holy shit this is huge."

Overall, I'd place it as my 3rd favorite behind OoT and SS.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're a Zelda fan, its worth a play through. However...

SPOILERS!!!!!

When I passed through the door to the temple of time dungeon, my heart skipped a beat it was so beautiful. The music, the ambiance... but... the further I got into the dungeon I realized how... plain it all was. The item you get from there (the rod) was utterly useless outside the ToT, and just wasn't a lot of fun. And the boss was one of the biggest boner killers I've ever had in my life... and for me, the game went down hill from there. The ONLY partially redeeming part of the game was the return to Hyrule castle for the final dungeon. But, again, the boss fight with Ganon was a let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    the first few dungeons are incredibly lame. there are a few that really stand out. the Ice Castle was the best concept ever in any zelda game.
    dictated but not read.

It was one of Skelington's favorites. The first two dungeons are meh, then at the third it quickly improves and continues growing better into the final boss fight, which is one of the best in the series. Definitely worth finishing.

It's okay. Midna is amazing, the boss fights are set up well (despite them being super easy), and the soundtrack is amazing (well duh, it's zelda). I don't know, for me it's one of the one's I have the most trouble replaying, I think the tear parts in wolf form really brought it down for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, just not my favorite in the series.

Tear collecting is the boring part. The rest is good.

The tear collecting takes a crazy amount of time. Even watching the world record speedrun it feels really tedious and slow lol. The game is good, no question, but it's not a game without faults. If you can't look past the faults you won't be able to enjoy it. If you can, then, well, it gets better.

I dunno, I loved the setting of TP. Loved the bleak atmosphere and the story.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the start to me at least is kinda slow even during the first dungeon but after that the game feels great tbh its the only game i have ever bought for my wii since launch many many many years ago >_<.

The two worst parts would have to be the tear collecting and that mandatory part where you have to find all of those statues scattered around the world. Other than that, a few of the items are incredibly useless after you beat the dungeons they're located in (though the spinning top is epic) and there isn't as much focus on character development as there was in the other games, with the exception of Midna and that random kid I forgot the name of. Heart pieces are devalued because they decided to put five in a heart container

Now with the bad stuff out of the way lets move onto the good stuff. Midna is the best "fairy" in any Zelda game and the antagonist is right up there with the franchise's best. The bosses are notably good, especially when you get to the latter half of the game. There's quite a few minigames and sidequests to do and they are pretty fun. I liked the interactivity of the world, where you could catch slimes in bottles for potions or catch those skeleton fish with your fishing rod.

Overall, I'd have to say it was my least favourite console Zelda game in the oot style (so Four Swords Adventures and the first three games don't count) but that doesn't mean that the game wasn't fun for me. It's head and shoulders above the average game and I can understand how some people would call it the best Zelda game they have played.

Oh, also. The fishing. I spent an ungodly amount of time trying to catch the biggest fish I could.

tl;dr-Beat the 4th dungeon then come back. It's probably the turning point of the game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Thought i would come back and share kinda what people thought of the first trailer. yes grown men were crying over this game at e3 that year. Its a good zelda game still imo ^.^

Midna has to be my favourite character from a Zelda game, or at least the best companion.The ending of the story is a bit disappointing, but I won't spoil anything. It was also really easy. Overall though it's one of my favourite Zelda games, and it does get better after the first temple.

The first two dungeons are meh, then at the third it quickly improves and continues growing better into the final boss fight,
    I really liked the second dungeon. It was probably one of my favourite Zelda dungeons. I disliked the third though, it was pretty annoying (my first time through anyway).

Going to echo what other people have said - takes some time before you really get into it. I played the first two dungeons and then didn't touch the game for months. Came back, beat the game, and can easily say that it was the best Zelda game I played since OOT (at the time, hello Skyward Sword). Majora's Mask and Wind Waker both really let me down, Twilight Princess brought me back.