10+ Year Old Account

Alienware X51 $699

WOW! I don't know what specs it will have at that price but I'm not expecting much but still, pretty awesome.

Great for those gamers that don't have the expertise or patience to build their own and don't have the bank to get other Alienware models.

build your own computer, cheaper, better, reliable. GG.

* User was infracted. Do try to stay on the subject and not troll.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-01-18 at 04:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think i would ever buy alienware.

All the ppl i know who had an alienware laptop had to keep sending them in for repair. they overheat alot.

Dell makes the computers alienware puts on a sticker and they overcharge.

When more decent and cheaper laptops and desktops exist or you can do it yourself for even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did a few weeks ago, but some people can't do that.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 10:24 PM ----------

Yeah, I bought an Alienware laptop when I went to college a couple years ago but back then i didn't know much about computers.

Though this new PC might not be top of the line specs it is a great starter PC for people who don't know much about computers and want to get into PC gaming.

Everything is better with links:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399010,00.asp

And basic specs:

Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
    Intel H61 Express Chipset Architecture
    Mini-ITX Motherboard
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Options: 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Standard) or 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
    Up to 8GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB Standard); 2x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
    7,200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
    Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software
    Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated
    802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
    USB 2.0 (6x); USB 3.0 (2x); Microphone In; Headphone/Speaker Out;
    HDMI 1.4 Output; RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet; Front, Rear and Center Speaker Ports; SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK); SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
    Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
    Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5" (343mm) x w: 3.74" (95mm) x d: 12.52" (318mm)
    Starting Weight: 12.1 lbs. (5.49 Kg.)

I'd personally at a minimum up the CPU to the i5. No clue how bad the graphics card is (or if it's even bad, haven't looked at any in forever), but considering it's a PC, always easy to change out right? Guess if you have money to burn you could probably opt for a basic SSD over the 1tb...

But I dunno, $700 for it doesn't seem that bad at face value, especially if you're not the PC building type. And on an unrelated note, it does look a bit like an Xbox lol.
    Last edited by Shinryu; 2012-01-18 at 09:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering It's Alienware, you can probably get an uglier computer with better specs for same price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Considering It's Alienware, you can probably get an uglier computer with better specs for same price.
    Nice looking cases aren't so expensive. He can also buy cheaper, better, and still nice looking computer too.

But 699 USD is quite nice price. It surely interested me, even if it have quite old specification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    So you're saying the Alienware cases look better than Corsair cases? (And other well known brands)

It's about personal prefference, but when it's Alienware it lacks both look and cooling.

Ontopic: I bet it's gonna be as "good" as "Razer's PC gaming is not dead"
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-18 at 10:28 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Alienware X51 isn't a BAD computer... might be a little on the expensive side, however, it's nice to see companies finally starting to cater to entry-level PC gamers. Perhaps this is what the PC gaming community needs to get more games developed for it, so it's a step in the right direction.

Concerning the actual specs... you can easily get by with the new i3 CPUs on even heavily multi-threaded games, so it's absolutely perfect if you don't intend on overclocking or anything like that. The GPU is a bad OEM card and can be upgraded to a less bad OEM card, nevertheless, it's great for entry level stuff.

Let's hope this is starting a trend

Deleted
    Not that great actually, but not that bad.

Deleted
    Its really not that bad of a deal in my book and lets not forget that it's not targeted at the Desktop gaming market.

It's designed to be an HTPC and look good in a home environment. It's not meant to compete with conventional Desktop gaming rigs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    It's designed to be an HTPC and look good in a home environment. It's not meant to compete with conventional Desktop gaming rigs.
    Yet they put it out under the Alienware flag. I mean it looks pretty good, but spec wise its just crap for gaming. It would be better if they just put it under their XPS line.

What laptops ARE recommended for gaming?

I haven't looked at laptops in ages, but I really don't want my next rig to be a desktop...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Dell makes the computers alienware puts on a sticker and they overcharge.
    This is why i don't buy alienware

Quote Originally Posted by Saif View Post

I haven't looked at laptops in ages, but I really don't want my next rig to be a desktop...
    I have the m17x r3 with 460m and SB 2720qm, 12g ram and ssd and I love it. But, the main reason i have a laptop is i work at a fire dept. so i play at work alot. You have to keep it plugged up or your frames are around 10-20, But plugged up they are 100-120. Only time i have a cooling problem is user error when i use while sitting in bed or so and cover blocks air flow but just using on desk its just fine.

Deleted
    Looking at the specs, design and price of the X51 I would say it's a PC designed for console gamers.

You'll get a much more powerful PC for $699 if you buy and build it yourself but it seems like a very valid option for those who want a "plug and play" PC for gaming, similar to say... I don't know... a console?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif View Post

This.
    For the love of god don't buy an Alienware, their customer service is garbage aswell with their bang for the buck. (Same goes for OriginPC.com)

Ontopic, just saw the specs for the most expensive and I'm not surprised by the size, it won't run games great on maxxed.

If I eventually win 250 million in lotto I might buy it. XD
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    This.
    For the love of god don't buy an Alienware, their customer service is garbage aswell with their bang for the buck. (Same goes for OriginPC.com)

Ontopic, just saw the specs for the most expensive and I'm not surprised by the size, it won't run games great on maxxed.

If I eventually win 250 million in lotto I might buy it. XD
    Define great on max, why brand bash you have the option of parts and so on. It isnt exactly a enthusiast gamer pc. Dell support is not bad your just throwing hear say around where I could say MSI asus gigabyte all have bad customer support reviews, that is all human interaction if your an asshole on the phone your more apt to get an asshole back, and yea I am pretty sure someone w/ an expensive pc that had an issue will be quite agitated to say the least. I'd also point out once again the above mentioned pc is not meant for maxing games out. You basically just said that an entry level pc is bad cuz it isnt as good as something $500 more let's be realistic just because a pc doesnt play Bf3 at super ultra w/ sexy ladies running around does not mean it is a bad pc. A bentley is a bentley I wouldnt pull up to a nitro methane powered drag car with it and expect to win.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-01-18 at 09:02 PM.