Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemert View Post
    I wonder if the Mistweaver is going just be mainly based statues or if there will be more to it
    They will have some direct healing spells as well as heal through damage dealt (a la Atonement Discipline).
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    healer owning the dps meters, let's pewpew!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    [/LIST]
    Wasn't Blizzard showing signs of having second thoughts on the lack of auto-attack for monks? I seem to remember a blue post saying that now that they think of it a little closer, it's not a mechanic that would still be fun and engaging.
    Not sure, but I do think they will get an auto-attack. You see, when they don't have auto-attack, their special attacks will have to be more powerful to compensate (my white damage is 40% of my total damage) and imagine that in PvP... many classes can't auto-attack much there, but Monks will have more powerful specials then anyone else. Major imbalance.

I'm not super happy with the animations so far, but it's still early.

Super pumped to play a new class, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Not sure, but I do think they will get an auto-attack. You see, when they don't have auto-attack, their special attacks will have to be more powerful to compensate (my white damage is 40% of my total damage) and imagine that in PvP... many classes can't auto-attack much there, but Monks will have more powerful specials then anyone else. Major imbalance.
    I think the Jab will essentially be the "white attack" for monks. No CD, but obviously need to have enough Chi to use. While mechanically it's different from autoattack, I think in terms of balancing, etc., Blizzard will treat it the same as a white attack.

That said, I strongly suspect they'll add an autoattack as well. Having to Jab repeatedly: interesting in raid/dungeon settings; obnoxious when clearing old content or leveling. EDIT: Especially as you won't be able to use any other abilities without it apparently (since it generates the Light and Dark forces). I wonder if Light/Dark forces fade? If not, expect to see a lot of critters being jabbed.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-01-18 at 02:03 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Monk concept seems fun, but pandas still look horrible.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Is this a joke...

What about polearms ? I was sure I read somewhere that monks will be able to use polearms but I don't see it here anymore. Can someone say for sure if monks will be able to use polearms ?

Quote Originally Posted by booj View Post
    What about polearms ? I was sure I read somewhere that monks will be able to use polearms but I don't see it here anymore. Can someone say for sure if monks will be able to use polearms ?
    From the official preview page:
    Weapon
    Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, Staves
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to playing a monk on live. They we're verrrry fun to play at Blizzcon, and I like healingz and Mistweaver sounds pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I think the Jab will essentially be the "white attack" for monks. No CD, but obviously need to have enough Chi to use. While mechanically it's different from autoattack, I think in terms of balancing, etc., Blizzard will treat it the same as a white attack.

That said, I strongly suspect they'll add an autoattack as well. Having to Jab repeatedly: interesting in raid/dungeon settings; obnoxious when clearing old content or leveling. EDIT: Especially as you won't be able to use any other abilities without it apparently (since it generates the Light and Dark forces). I wonder if Light/Dark forces fade? If not, expect to see a lot of critters being jabbed.
    Just look at casters, it's not that big an issue.

Worgen Monks Wanted...

I still say that if zombies can be monks, worgen should be allowed to be as well... I was originally going to do a worgen combat rogue using fist weapons to at least somewhat closely simulate a werewolf martial artist (yes, going the Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers route), but then they announced the monk class, and I was happy... and then the "NO WORGENS ALLOWED" bit gave me sad face...

Seriously, though... Humans, Draenei, Dwarves, Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren (who I think is one of the most thematically geared races to be a monk, aside from the Pandaren themselves): These make sense completely... Gnomes, Trolls, and Blood Elves: Not completely sold on, but they at least have more of a shot of being a monk than a bloody Undead... Zombie monk... >.< The Undead openly admit hating anyone that isn't Forsaken and ally with the Horde solely for benefit against everything else (going against the monk's creed of helping and protecting others)... Goblins not being able to be monks, that's at least spot on: There's no room for small money-hungry green thing in the monastery, whether it's inside the more reverent parts or in the training halls; Goblins GTFO... Worgen, on the other hand, would make an excellent race for monks: We can see from them being rogues and hunters that agility is something innate, and from a theme/roleplay aspect, many worgen despise the curse that has befallen them... Being a monk would be a sort of atonement to make up for any deeds they had done either during or shortly after the change that made them what they are today...

Thought I just had: Yes, if we were to flip zombies with worgen, the Alliance would have all 6 races able to be monks whereas the Horde would only have 4... Before anyone starts to qq about it, think about 2 things: Shamans and Paladins... As far as shamans go, the Horde have 4 options, whereas the Alliance only have 2... And paladins are the reverse, with the Horde only have the 2 options between Blood Elf or Tauren, but the Alliance having the choice among Human, Draenei, or Dwarf... So a class having more racial options on one faction versus another wouldn't be anything new...

I know; most people are just going to "TL;DR" this... I just wanted to get this off my chest... To anyone who does end up reading this, thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Isnt a Healer wich deals DPS and tops up the Party a bit OP? Sounds like a buffed to maximum Shadowpriest to me.
    in what respect? dps racing on recount? at the end of the day if the boss goes down and nobody died the healer is doing the job, anything else is just a bonus. if they can do some notable dps and heal it probably does mean a monk healer will be desired, but that is based purely on 'hp going down faster' with nothing to do with what utility is sacrificed by taking said monk healer over a resto druid or pally healer for example.

Monk sounds really fun. I'll probably be a Windwalker. I've always wanted a class that actually specialized in fist weapons and melee-based staves (feral druids do but they don't actually attack with them). Here's to hoping MoP releases before the year is out. I'm crossing my fingers

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    omg my warrior and warlock are going to look totally ridiculous in asian themed gear
    it's not like you can't *gasp* make your gear look like something else

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Looking forward to having a new Healer spec to level. It's been too long.

And to you srs business people, please stop. I'm preparing to log in right now and my giant cow man is going to ride his Darkmoon Dancing Bear and jam in front of the Org mailbox and my friend will be right behind me mounted on her giant Magic Rooster and Gaudy Sweater from Santa or w/e it is throwing snowballs at passerbys, and that's TOTALLY NORMAL in Org and no one is going to bat an eyelash.

There are so many ridiculously silly things in the game that you apparently don't want to admit are there that Pandas are going to fit right in. Just get over it. They are coming and will be loved by million and millions of players and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

I think this class is gonna surprise me. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be shocked if the Monk didn't become the new most popular class in the game.

Damn, want to play all 3 specs of Monk :-/

The 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    calling it now, guardian spec druids and brewmaster monks get an agility stave for the first tiers legendary.
    More likely to be the second; the one in the final raid tier for Mists of Panderia. Unless they decide to keep players in the MoP expansion for longer than they did Cata, increasing the likelihood of a legendary showing up in between the first legendary and the druid/monk staff.

Eager to see monks! Their playstyle sounds very dynamic from what's been released.