Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Fitness / Losing fat

Hello everyone,

Last week I've started to do fitness.
    Summer is coming in a few months and I want to lose all the fat and look and feel good.

So I'm doing this with a partner, a good friend of mine who is in the same situation.

I'm 20 years old, 6'1 and weigh 220lbs.

This is the fitness schedule that we made;

Tuesday - 10 minute cardio warmup / triceps 3 sets of 10 on 4/5 machines / abdomen 3 sets of 10 / 30 minute cardio
    Thursday - 10 minute cardio warmup / biceps 3 sets of 10 on 4/5 machines / abdomen 3 sets of 10 / 30 minute cardio
    Friday - 10 minute cardio warmup / legs 3 sets of 10 on 4/5 machines / abdomen 3 sets of 10 / 30 minute cardio
    Saturday or Sunday - 10 minute cardio warmup / abdomen 3 sets of 10 / 2 hours of cardio

First week is now over and it feels pretty good, we're feeling energized and are really motivated.

I'm already trying to watch what I eat for breakfast and at work. My parents always prepare healthy food for dinner, I never really use ketchup or mayonaise, eat fat free yogurt for dessert, etc.

We try to fitness one or two hours after dinner, then when we get home we eat a bowl of yogurt, cause people recommended to do so ( because your muscles are more open to vitamins after you fitness? ).

Here comes the question though

Is there anything we should watch out for or anything extra we can do?

I don't really care about how much I weigh, I just want to get rid of the fat and gain some muscle in the process.
    ( From the schedule you can tell that we both want to get rid of all the beer in our bellies :P )

Any tips or anything are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Hi Rickz,

before you and your friend even start working those beer bellies, you need to set a weight-loss diet. I recommend you to look out some experienced fitness trainer in your local gym (asking for references and professional training certificate is a good approach).

The quality of your diet and commitment to your training are keys to your success! Be advised that if your weight and height are different from your friend, you both might need a little bit different diet. You should mention what is the aim of your training to your trainer, so he can optimize the diet to your goal.

Usually, the pricing of diet vary, based upon your trainer's prestige but in my country, I haven't seen trainers giving diets for more then 20 euros. Of course those celebrity fitness trainers usually give the most expensive diets .

My second advise is that cardio is VERY important to loose some weight. To effectively loose weight, you might consider setting your daily schedule to include 2x/1h of cardio and work out trainig during the day. Even if you have day off, ie. when you do not go to the gym, you should not skip your cardio.

For example: You wake up at 6:00 am, you should not eat anything at this point, dress up and go out jogging for 1h. The reason behind this is that your body will not start to effectively burn fat before 30-40min of constant cardio. When you come back, you will be exhausted. Now is the time for your breakfast. During the day when you go to gym you can include second hour of cardio at the end of your training (Note: running has the best results but might be tough on your knees, based on your actual weight, if I have calculated correctly, so I advise you to go swimming instead or ride bicycle).

For the gym training part: the weight-loss work out session should consist of sets with 15-20 reps with a bit lower weight then normal. Cause you need to stay warm all the time. The pauses between sets should also be shorter then usual. Also don't forget to keep your body hydrated with simple non-carbonated water (nothing with sugar), cause you might get cramps without proper hydration.

This is very complex topic, so if you have any further questions, just ask here or send me a PM.

Good luck!

Well, Let's start with gaining muscles whilst losing fat. That's pretty much impossible since you gain muscles when you work out and you eat more calories than you consume and losing fat the other way around. It may look like you're doing so when you lose fat and your muscles become more visible but no muscle mass is really gained.

Secondly your program. I would leave the ab exercies out of it. People think that it will help you lose your bellyfat but you can't lose fat from only one bodypart at a time. And if you're only doing the abs for the future when you'll hopefully have lost the fat from your stomachs it wont be any good either because trust me on this one: Skinny guys with sixpacks look ridiculous. You have to have your chest, back, arm and leg muscles at the same line or you'll look like a douche. If you want to lose weight by working out, that's possible ofcourse but you're currently skipping all the big muscles you should be working on.

Thirdly, weight lost is mostly watching what you eat and keep in mind, old fashioned parents don't always know what's healthy food and what's not. You should research these things on your own.

Best of luck and hope you'll achieve your goals
    -Sorry for my lack of proper english skills.

Deleted
    ^^ Very good points.
    Compound lifts are good (squats, deadlifts, bench, pullups etc) but sadly you cannot gain muscle while losing weight or vice verse. Though you can minimize muscle loss while losing fat.

Diet

Sports or excercising is not even really neccessery when you want to lose weight. Just make sure to eat less than your body consumes while maintaining healthy junk of protein and fat (to prevent muscle loss) Also Yoghurt may be fat free it might consist of 20% sugar for example. Read the etiquettes.

Exercise routine isn't super important to lose weight. And I'd recommend you make your routine more well rounded rather than focus so heavily on a couple muscle groups.

Diet is what's important to lose and maintain your new weight. Eat healthy. Don't snack.

"I don't really care about how much I weigh, I just want to get rid of the fat and gain some muscle in the process.

So, you do care about how much you weigh. Muscle growth is a long term process. Don't expect anything significant for a good year unless you are juicing.

"( From the schedule you can tell that we both want to get rid of all the beer in our bellies :P )"

Can't target a certain area of fat on the body. You lose fat everywhere or nowhere. Beer bellies are probably the hardest thing to lose. Don't drink beer. Take shots of hard liquor if you have to drink. Don't chase.

Quote Originally Posted by salac84 View Post
    Hi Rickz,

before you and your friend even start working those beer bellies, you need to set a weight-loss diet. I recommend you to look out some experienced fitness trainer in your local gym (asking for references and professional training certificate is a good approach).

The quality of your diet and commitment to your training are keys to your success! Be advised that if your weight and height are different from your friend, you both might need a little bit different diet. You should mention what is the aim of your training to your trainer, so he can optimize the diet to your goal.

Usually, the pricing of diet vary, based upon your trainer's prestige but in my country, I haven't seen trainers giving diets for more then 20 euros. Of course those celebrity fitness trainers usually give the most expensive diets .

My second advise is that cardio is VERY important to loose some weight. To effectively loose weight, you might consider setting your daily schedule to include 2x/1h of cardio and work out trainig during the day. Even if you have day off, ie. when you do not go to the gym, you should not skip your cardio.

For example: You wake up at 6:00 am, you should not eat anything at this point, dress up and go out jogging for 1h. The reason behind this is that your body will not start to effectively burn fat before 30-40min of constant cardio. When you come back, you will be exhausted. Now is the time for your breakfast. During the day when you go to gym you can include second hour of cardio at the end of your training (Note: running has the best results but might be tough on your knees, based on your actual weight, if I have calculated correctly, so I advise you to go swimming instead or ride bicycle).

For the gym training part: the weight-loss work out session should consist of sets with 15-20 reps with a bit lower weight then normal. Cause you need to stay warm all the time. The pauses between sets should also be shorter then usual. Also don't forget to keep your body hydrated with simple non-carbonated water (nothing with sugar), cause you might get cramps without proper hydration.

This is very complex topic, so if you have any further questions, just ask here or send me a PM.

Good luck!
    He has some good points but a lot of what he said is wrong, same with the other responses.

You CAN lose body fat and build muscle at the same time, and weight training is just as effective at burning body fat if not more so than cardio. However just remember that getting a good body is 70% what you eat and 30% working out. The number one problem with cardio is that you increase your body's metabolism during it however your metabolism will return to its normal state within about an hour after you finish. Weight training on the other hand will increase your body's metabolism for up to 48 hours after you finish because your body will be struggling to repair all of the muscles that you just tore down. The best bet for what you are trying to do would be circuit training to induce a maximum after burn effect, ie: 6-8 different exercises done in a circuit with a maximum of 15 seconds of rest in between each one. (this will get your heart rated up as much as cardio). Google after burn effect if you want more info on that or ideas.

As far as your diet goes as a general rule if it tastes good don't eat it (for the average person) Everything that you eat should either come from an animal or the ground. Yogurt is bad because it is loaded with sugar, you should approach sugar the same way that you approach fat, it is BAD. A good meal would be a chicken breast, salmon or sirloin steak, 1 cup of steamed vegetables, broccoli, asparagus, etc, and for the first 1/2 of your meals during the day a carb, ie: quaker oatmeal (not that flavored shit), brown rice, etc. Also good fats are great for a snack...almonds, avacado, etc. And stop drinking beer!

And the person above me is correct you need to eat less than your body burns, however you need to be careful with that. Never let yourself get hungry however don't overeat. You should be eating 4-6 times a day but they should be smaller meals. If you just don't eat or let yourself get hungry for longer periods of time that is when your body will enter a catabolic state and start to burn muscle for energy and store fat. So by eating 4-6 times though out the day your body will burn fat instead of muscle. However in the end the best workout is the one that you will actually do, one last thing you do NOT need to do any ab exercises, you could have the most amazing 6 pack in the world without ever having done a single ab exercise if your body fat was low enough. You can't target fat loss, you will only lose your gut when your drop your overall bodyfat.

PS: I've been a personal trainer for 8 years and have an amazing body so I know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by urameshi; 2012-01-18 at 09:02 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    ^^ Very good points.
    Compound lifts are good (squats, deadlifts, bench, pullups etc) but sadly you cannot gain muscle while losing weight or vice verse. Though you can minimize muscle loss while losing fat.

Diet

Sports or excercising is not even really neccessery when you want to lose weight. Just make sure to eat less than your body consumes while maintaining healthy junk of protein and fat (to prevent muscle loss) Also Yoghurt may be fat free it might consist of 20% sugar for example. Read the etiquettes.
    I agree w/ most of this. But if op has never lifted before or is coming back from an extended break from lifting(noob gains). It is possible to simultaneously gain muscle & lose fat.

OP, start eating at a deficit of about 200-500 calories per day. You should be averaging .5-1lb of weight loss a week. Get 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM, or body weight if you don't know how much LBM you have. .45 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight. Get on a decent starter routine for weight lifting, something like starting strength. Focuses mainly on compound lifts & adds accessory exercises later on. Don't worry about timing your meals, no need to eat after the gym. Just eat when it's convenient or when you're hungry. Try to compose your diet of whole foods, but don't be afraid to fit in things you enjoy(moderation). When I cut, I stick to high volume low cal foods. Lean meats, veggies, certain fruits, zero cal drinks, low fat popcorn(brand I get is about 200ish cals for a whole popped bag).

Hold on a min, you cant lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? Seriously, I had always thought you could. IE - lifting weights/cardio plus a diet means you wont gain any muscle? Well thats shitty. What is the reason for that? Not enough calories to make muscle or..?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Answered your own question, have to be in a surplus in order to grow muscle. Your body uses the extra calories to repair the muscle that was broken down during lifting. Unless you count what I mentioned in the post above you, but that won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    Answered your own question, have to be in a surplus in order to grow muscle. Your body uses the extra calories to repair the muscle that was broken down during lifting. Unless you count what I mentioned in the post above you, but that won't last long.

... This guy is a moron

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks...care to explain why you disagree?

Edit: Also, the body doesn't go catabolic when you skip meals or because you don't eat frequently. Your body doesn't start using muscle as an energy source until after 72-96 hours in a fasted state. Your body doesn't just store fat because you aren't eating frequently, it'll store fat when you're eating above maintenance. What's wrong w/ sugar? Why are you only telling the op to eat carbs(sugar) during the first part of the day? Is it going to magically turn to fat after a certain time?

One thing that annoys me. Physique =/= knowledge, stop using magazines & outdated material w/ no studies backing it as your source.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2012-01-19 at 01:30 AM.

The human body does not need muscle to survive, it however does need fat. And if you are honestly asking me why sugar is bad I would question what you are doing posting in this section. My response to him was based on not knowing how overweight/out of shape he is and not much else about him. Just because you read forums on bodybuilding.com doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

Also and by your logic he should be able to fast every other day and his body will just burn fat when he is fasting...wow
    Last edited by urameshi; 2012-01-19 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urameshi View Post
    The human body does not need muscle to survive, it however does need fat. And if you are honestly asking me why sugar is bad I would question what you are doing posting in this section. My response to him was based on not knowing how overweight/out of shape he is and not much else about him. Just because you read forums on bodybuilding.com doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

Also and by your logic he should be able to fast every other day and his body will just burn fat when he is fasting...wow
    If he is in a calorie deficit on the days he is fasting, then yes he is burning fat. I would suggest you take some basic human physiology classes before giving some advise because you sound very silly.
    Last edited by xpose; 2012-01-19 at 02:48 AM.

I can't recommend highly enough the app/website www.myfitnesspal.com. It and the community there will give you all the guidance you need to lose weight and get fit for FREE. You're likely not going to get reliable information here.

... This guy is a moron
    Actually he is correct, perhaps reach some basic scientific articles dealing with the human body before making yourself look foolish.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 08:52 PM ----------

As far as your diet goes as a general rule if it tastes good don't eat it (for the average person) Everything that you eat should either come from an animal or the ground. Yogurt is bad because it is loaded with sugar, you should approach sugar the same way that you approach fat, it is BAD. A good meal would be a chicken breast, salmon or sirloin steak, 1 cup of steamed vegetables, broccoli, asparagus, etc, and for the first 1/2 of your meals during the day a carb, ie: quaker oatmeal (not that flavored shit), brown rice, etc. Also good fats are great for a snack...almonds, avacado, etc. And stop drinking beer!

And the person above me is correct you need to eat less than your body burns, however you need to be careful with that. Never let yourself get hungry however don't overeat. You should be eating 4-6 times a day but they should be smaller meals. If you just don't eat or let yourself get hungry for longer periods of time that is when your body will enter a catabolic state and start to burn muscle for energy and store fat. So by eating 4-6 times though out the day your body will burn fat instead of muscle.

PS: I've been a personal trainer for 8 years and have an amazing body so I know what I'm talking about.
    This is 100% incorrect, everything in this quote has no scientific backing and actually contradicts what he is saying.

Meal frequency doesnt matter when dealing with metabolism: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

Food choices have little effect on overall body fat when Calories and Macros are met: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...a-calorie.html

here i'll save u the trouble and give u the highlights

Is A Calorie a Calorie?
    So is a calorie a calorie? Yes and no. Based on the data, my general feeling is this:
    A sufficient protein intake will always beat out an insufficient protein intake, no matter what you do. Since all of the diets described in this book are based around sufficient protein, this is a non-issue.
    Assuming caloric intake can be controlled (and protein is adequate of course), shuffling of carbs and fats tends to have a minor, approaching negligble effect.
    There might be exceptions at the extremes (folks going to single digit bodyfat or extreme obesity) but that doesn’t apply to the majority of folks.

I'll wait for your anecdotal response
    Last edited by xpose; 2012-01-19 at 03:01 AM.

Run, lift weights and eat properly. It will all come in time.

Deleted
    Download p90x for free, read it through and follow it. Simple.

to urameshi: no. xpose is correct. id look over your A&P and nutrition textbooks again. also, google "lean gains" and check out Martin Berkhan's blog for fun.

Anyways... to the OP, assuming you're not at any very low body fat percentage (i.e., in the single digits) then fat loss should come about pretty easily if your diet is in check and you're doing some exercise. Figure out your resting metabolic rate (the harris-benedict equation does a decent job; there are free online calculators you can use) and determine how many calories you should be consuming based on that (I'd say shoot for your resting metabolic rate every day – people tend to overestimate activity and underestimate food consumed). Hit up some weights 2x a week (compound lifts preferred) and do some early morning cardio (before breakfast is great but if you can't do that, do it whenever you can fit it in; 3x a week would be great – 30-45 mins should suffice).

In terms of foods and meal patterns, do whatever you feel you can stick to. There's nothing wrong with 3 meals a day and any foods can work as long as calories are controlled for. I generally advocate higher protein diets (150-175 g/day is plenty) due to satiety and fullness effects as well as effects on lean mass preservation. Some good rules of thumb: load up on lean meats and vegetables, fat free yogurt/dairy & unsweetened frozen berries (defrost before eating, of course). Some personal favorites of mine: Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, berries, spinach, broccoli, squash, deli meats (roast beef, turkey). That stuff'll fill you right up and it tastes great. Should be no hunger problems and whatnot. (If you don't like that stuff, find meals you like, that fill you up, and that meet your calorie requirements)

Try to establish good habits – they'll serve you well all throughout life, not just during weight loss. In addition, keep the long term / bigger picture in mind – don't get discouraged if you mess up some days. Just continue with the plan the next day. Good luck!

P.S., I've got a B.S. in Nutritional Science and I'm a personal trainer as well.
    Last edited by Dr-1337; 2012-01-19 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    If he is in a calorie deficit on the days he is fasting, then yes he is burning fat. I would suggest you take some basic human physiology classes before giving some advise because you sound very silly.
    So you are saying that you can fast every other day which would put you at a MASSIVE calorie deficit and burn fat the entire time without your body turning into a catabolic state and burning muscle? You guys have no clue what you are talking about, I honestly feel sorry for you

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-1337 View Post
    to urameshi: no. xpose is correct. id look over your A&P and nutrition textbooks again. also, google "lean gains" and check out Martin Berkhan's blog for fun.

Anyways... to the OP, assuming you're not at any very low body fat percentage (i.e., in the single digits) then fat loss should come about pretty easily if your diet is in check and you're doing some exercise. Figure out your resting metabolic rate (the harris-benedict equation does a decent job; there are free online calculators you can use) and determine how many calories you should be consuming based on that (I'd say shoot for your resting metabolic rate every day – people tend to overestimate activity and underestimate food consumed). Hit up some weights 2x a week (compound lifts preferred) and do some early morning cardio (before breakfast is great but if you can't do that, do it whenever you can fit it in; 3x a week would be great – 30-45 mins should suffice).

In terms of foods and meal patterns, do whatever you feel you can stick to. There's nothing wrong with 3 meals a day and any foods can work as long as calories are controlled for. I generally advocate higher protein diets (150-175 g/day is plenty) due to satiety and fullness effects as well as effects on lean mass preservation. Some good rules of thumb: load up on lean meats and vegetables, fat free yogurt/dairy & unsweetened frozen berries (defrost before eating, of course). Some personal favorites of mine: Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, berries, spinach, broccoli, squash, deli meats (roast beef, turkey). That stuff'll fill you right up and it tastes great. Should be no hunger problems and whatnot. (If you don't like that stuff, find meals you like, that fill you up, and that meet your calorie requirements)

Try to establish good habits – they'll serve you well all throughout life, not just during weight loss. In addition, keep the long term / bigger picture in mind – don't get discouraged if you mess up some days. Just continue with the plan the next day. Good luck!

P.S., I've got a B.S. in Nutritional Science and I'm a personal trainer as well.
    I would agree with everything you said, except for the "any foods will work as long as calories are controlled." You have to factor in what the average person is going to read into that. Oh so I can drink soda, eat snickers, brownies, etc. as long as I watch my calories...

Also the choice in yogurt matters quite a bit

Health n STUFF

How much weight are we talking here?

I input your height/weight in a BMI calc and got 29.0%

Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

You're not far off from reaching an unhealthy amount of excess weight, and taking into account that you said that you have a beer belly, I'd say most of this weight isn't muscle. Being 220 at 6 foot is fine if you're built like that, however it seems like you need to lose around 30 pounds at least in order for you to start building your muscle effectively if that's what you want for later on.

Doing these cardio exercises will help tone your muscles over time and lose weight in one go. Regular and routined cardio exercises are

Now about the abs, what kind of exercises do you normally do for these? I've found that doing crunches aren't nearly as effective as other exercises as the iliotibial band (tendon) when you crouch inward, your hips will naturally pull your body toward the rest of you with ease, as it is connected all the way up to your illiac crest (hip) and glutes to way down near your patella (kneecap). This limits the possible outcome overall in time as these crunches do not benefit you as much as they should.

I'd recommend, if you aren't already doing so, a two to three part exercise to the abs area. 1 set of 10 is fine when starting out.

What you do is you only bring up your lower half of your body upward, and down again, but you don't let your legs touch the ground and don't bend your knees. Do this for a set of 10 or 15. This works on the lower half of your abdominal muscles, as well as your leg muscles.

Then next you only raise your upper half, do this for a set of 10 or 15 which will help define your upper portion as well. This will also help work those hard to reach muscles like the serratus anterior muscles, or commonly referred to as the jig-saw patterned muscles that are attached to your ribs.

For the last set you do these two exercises in unison. It's important to equally work out every muscle in your body, otherwise they become disproportionate and uneven. Always keep it even between the two first exercises.

Now as for your training overall, are you planning on gradually increasing these exercise routines daily, weekly, monthly? Once you hit a certain point where your endurance and stamina can handle these types of workouts, I'd suggest either increasing these my reasonable amounts at your own pace. Do no plan or have an idea stuck in your head to when you will increase these, as this will not work in most cases. Each individual is built differently and some may not be able to handle changes as fast as others, don't be discouraged though you'll gradually get to the next step in due time.

I'd also suggest you to maintain your calorie intake to almost normal, just with better eating habits. Some people believe that you should ration yourself or eat nearly nothing, this is simply unhealthy and I highly do not recommend this AT ALL. I say keep it around almost normal is because yes you want to lose weight, but it is going to take time for it to trim away. Losing weight is immeasurably difficult to how hard it is to gain weight (unless it's muscle mass weight gain, that's a whole different story), and what comes with that is the will power to do so as well. Now this is starting to sound like a self-help post and believe me I'm the last person on this site to be giving you life advice but routines and disciplining yourself does work. They work so well people write friggin' books about them and how you should take these habbits and incorporate them in your daily life. Exercise is one of the important ones, and also one of the most forgotten ones amidst our busy lives.

Now let's talk about what you think you should shovel into your mouth one fine afternoon or morning...well...here we go.

VEGGIES: Bell Peppers, Celery sticks/roots, Onions, Peppers (spicy peppers keep the GI tract relatively clean bacteria wise, and veggies are natural cleaners of your intestines as they are not entirely digested due to the cell walls pseudopeptidoglycan (fancy word for saying what they are structure like on a cellular level), thus they scrape away all the rotting and stuck masses in our tummies The list can go on for Veggies, but it's getting late

FRUITS: Pears (Love Oriental Pears), Apples, BANANA, BERRIES (too many to name), Oranges, Cherries (the real ones, no syrup maraschino ones), Strawberries (these actually have higher levels of Vit C than oranges)

LEAN MEATS: Anything you consider healthy, no 60/40, 90/10 or above, and no WHOPPERS :P
    DAIRY: Cheeses, Cottage Cheese, Yogurts, Milk (non-whole),

GRAIN: None of that crappy wonderbread sugar stuff, the bread is sticky so it likes to get wedged in your intestines curvatures and crevasses. When this happens the bread starts to rot and take up space, this can cause irritable and uncomfortable gas, aches, and is relatively not healthy for you at all. I'd suggest any type of bread that you can pinch in half and it goes back to its original form, mostly GRAIN breads, WHOLE grain, Brown Rice, Oats, Barley if you want (no beer!), wheat pastas

SNACK FOODS: Typically a diet plan lays down RIGID AND STRICT GUIDELINES THAT TELL YOU DO NOT EAT THESE FOODS OR THESE CAPS WILL COME OFF THE PAGE AND EAT YOU ALIVE. My philosophy is, you know you're going to cheat eventually, so treat yourself to something sugary or otherwise deemed UNHEALTHY, something not majorly crazy, such as a snickers bar or a small ice cream bar (they sell 100 calorie ones in stores nowadays) but be reasonable about it. Keep it small, don't do it as often as you like. One leading cause of weight gain is not by consuming large quantities of food at once (although that is one good way to do so), it is SNACKING continuously throughout the day. One Hershey Kiss here, one cookie there, a cup of ice cream while watching Breaking Bad (amazing show), and it strarts to add up when people don't realize it. Just be professional about it and keep it plain and simple, sorry oreo-fudge brownie sunday cake ice cream, you'll have a better shot at my brother tomorrow when he opens up the freezer, I'll have a 140 calorie snickers ice cream bar instead.

(Great recipe here: Nordic Winter Veggie Soup) (Apparently I cannot link until I have a few more posts under my belt)

I hope some of this nonsense I mentioned is actually helpful in a way for you. Some of it has already be said and I simply reiterated what I thought was worth mentioning again. If you really want to read up on a healthy lifestyle go to this link: myfooddiary (.) com/ online_food_diary.asp

This website has come in very handy for me personally. I can track down my calorie intake, the amount of what I eat and what it is I am eating. I love the exercise log where you can record your weekly workout sessions, and so much more such as mobile access for when you're on the go. There is also an area where you can discuss these types of questions or find answers instead on their forums.

Well I think that about does it, good luck with your plan and I hope it all works out for the best.

From your average college working kid, try and enjoy it.

Ciao.