10+ Year Old Account
    University: Flagstaff, AZ Summer: Phoenix, AZ

Help Request: Restore to Factory Settings

I have an old HP Pavilion a1430n that is rapidly going down the toilet and I think restoring it will delete a lot of the junk files and viruses spyware etc. so I can 'revive' it for a couple months before I can afford to get a new PC, but for whatever reason I can't find where to restore it to factory settings. It is running Windows XP. I know how to restore it to a previous date but can't find the Factory Settings button. I've tried googling it and looking into it as much as I can but to no avail. I thought there was chance one of you great people would be able to assist me.

P.S. I got this pc as a hand me down gift from a friend awhile back and do not have the discs that come with it.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I like Caesar salads. I'll be the first to admit it. But what I really can't stand is a salad with way too much dressing on it. It really ruins the salad.

Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.

Deleted
    There is no "factory settings" button in any version of Windows, save Windows 8 but that's not out yet

After a bit of research it seems your PC doesn't have a recovery partition on the hard disk, so your best bet is downloading or ordering the recovery media from here or "obtaining" XP / 7 and installing a-fresh.