Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    This is just incredible awesome. I just found this thread on reddit and I'm in awe how great this looks.

But please don't put instances somewhere else. It's such a pity to have so many instances in wow that you can't see from the outside.
    Respectively, that are modeled differently on the in and outside. Ulduar and ICC (with its 5mans), particularly.

So if you don't mind (and the size fits) please put the instances into their real location

And because I mentioned Ulduar:
    Since you're working on Northrend, would it be possible to put the real Ulduar-Zone into Storm Peaks, instead of the small thing we can see from the outside?

I hope I was comprehensible
    WoW does it for the same reason as I am against your proposition: Trying to fit instanced zones into their actual exterior could massively pump the instance and its exterior up or would require sacrifices regarding details, proportions and complexity. I know it would be so much cooler, if the actual Blackrock could contain LBRS, UBRS, BWL, BWD, BRD, BRC and MC at once, but even if it's huge, so are most of these instances. And 4 of them are in the upper levels.

Since Minecraft is incredibly inflexible in smoothing edges / making smooth transitions without wasting huge amounts of spaces, it is fairly limited without mods like RedPower2, where you could quarter a block and hence, have much smaller pieces to work with for more detailed work.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    WoW does it for the same reason as I am against your proposition: Trying to fit instanced zones into their actual exterior could massively pump the instance and its exterior up or would require sacrifices regarding details, proportions and complexity. I know it would be so much cooler, if the actual Blackrock could contain LBRS, UBRS, BWL, BWD, BRD, BRC and MC at once, but even if it's huge, so are most of these instances. And 4 of them are in the upper levels.

Since Minecraft is incredibly inflexible in smoothing edges / making smooth transitions without wasting huge amounts of spaces, it is fairly limited without mods like RedPower2, where you could quarter a block and hence, have much smaller pieces to work with for more detailed work.
    Outdoor instances such as Zul'Gurub will not be instanced seeing we can make that in the open world, most instances however do indeed not fit in WoW, let alone Minecraft.

Just saw this while lurking.... all I have to say is truly epic.
    On top of that I have a few questions,
    Mainly when(If ever) will you post a DL link, because I for one would love to just run around and look at everything.
    Also have you shown this work to Jessie Cox? I think he is one of the most well known Wow/Minecraft players who has a very large fanbase on youtube and it could really get your name/work out there.(Just a suggestion)

But overall, truly amazing dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been asked before so pardon me, but will the completed product be up for download? Me and my friends would love nothing more then to experience it for ourselves.

This is beyond words. Since you convert it using a program that I believe you created, could you per-say, build a little idea that I had, of recreating, well, Skyrim? How hard is it to convert it? Would you ever consider publicly releasing your converter?

Nice, this looks awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    By the Twisting Nether... THIS IS AMAZING!

This is fantastic.

Such a pity. I guess I didn't think about it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Such a pity. I guess I didn't think about it enough.
    nevermind, I tried recreating the Cologne cathedral since its measurement are available from the internet and I am from Cologne and you never fully realize Minecraft's boundaries unless you hit them. Making a "smooth" roof is easy enough thanks to Stair blocks, but making an equally smooth arc? Impossible without doubling the required space.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

nevermind, I tried recreating the Cologne cathedral since its measurement are available from the internet and I am from Cologne and you never fully realize Minecraft's boundaries unless you hit them. Making a "smooth" roof is easy enough thanks to Stair blocks, but making an equally smooth arc? Impossible without doubling the required space.
    A fellow german, nice.
    My first project in creative mode was the Siegessäule in Berlin, because that's where I'm from^^
    I tried a 1:1 size, but it just looks horrible.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

When will this be available... I cannot wait for this!

wow.

originally I was thinking "the earth in minecraft? that has got to be the the best project ever"

I slap Earlier Me for his foolishness. Look. At. This.

wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

amazing!

I would love to have this map and make it available for my players. I really hope you release it!

You're probably getting dozens of offers, but if you're looking for a host to test with, I'd happily give you admin privileges on a side world. I run 'minecraft.novylen.net'.

Here's an interview on Venture Beat, (it includes some screenshots of Outland!):

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/12/ne...ive-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Here's an interview on Venture Beat, (it includes some screenshots of Outland!):

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/12/ne...ive-interview/
    Great interview Good to hear that you're working on Outlands. How does Blade's Edge Mountain look?

(And very interesting who wrote the article. He's a well known german Gaming-Editor^^)

Is this all going to be available for download soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed with the tool you've used. It does a pretty solid job of recreating the proportions.

It's just a shame Minecraft's default graphics are so hideous. The only things that stand out as being immediately wrong are colors, especially grass and water. Too bad it can't set a custom biome for proper grass and water colors.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm impressed with the tool you've used. It does a pretty solid job of recreating the proportions.

It's just a shame Minecraft's default graphics are so hideous. The only things that stand out as being immediately wrong are colors, especially grass and water. Too bad it can't set a custom biome for proper grass and water colors.
    Not yet, maybe in the next version of the Minecraft map format being introduced in 1.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It seems like there's work being done that's already done. Mjollna has already done this and we already have a basic terrain render of Azeroth in Minecraft on the Cursecraft server. Converting WoW heights to Minecraft heights however is almost impossible and some stuff will have to be made less high (Hyjal for example will only be on a small hill at most). As soon as both me and Dinnerbone have more time we will open up the server and let people get building.

Here's some map renders (warning: huge, might want to save as) of the generated minecraft map:

http://cursecraft.com/media/maps/azeroth1_f.png
    http://cursecraft.com/media/maps/azeroth1.png
    something peaked my interest in the azeroth side, what is that thing sticking out north of eastern plaguelands! since thats an area we can't fly or see yet this map imples there is stuff there we can't see already.

that said dam it took time to load and good luck with project