Deleted

Siegesuits info coming?:O

So Guildwarsinsider has had (another) interview with some GW2 devs and there's some interesting info up and coming!

Here you can see they held the interview massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/17/teasing-an-interview-with-guild-wars-2-on-pvp/ and the link to the short clip of the interview is there. It's a 56 clip and when asked about pvp and what's coming they shortly talk about trebuchets and at the end they mention... Siegesuits!

The interview itself is apparently coming pretty soon (in the comments section at the interview clip the dude who held the interview said Jan 23rd), but that currently he can't release the interview yet as Anet said so.
    This might be cause there's a blog post coming up about it and they've to wait for it?

Anyways, really exciting info ofc, since Anet seems to release info in waves, so we might get a lot more coming in the next week(s) (or at least I'm so delusional I'm hoping it's like that)

P.s. Still can't post links
    Last edited by mmoce5cf6b44dc; 2012-01-18 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Not massively, thanks to Mif for correcting me on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvena123 View Post
    So Massively has had (another) interview
    It's actually with GuildWarsInsider.com

Heard about the siegesuits early today, should be interesting, sounds like Asura tech

Deleted
    Here is the direct link to the interview: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...er-roundtable/

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Heard about the siegesuits early today, should be interesting, sounds like Asura tech
    Totally
    Makes me think of the mentally attuned powerstone golems from Destiny's Edge!
    Man! If those are in there........god...I hope I dream about that tonight xD
    An army of asura assualting a castle in golems...that might just keep me going until release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Makes me think of the mentally attuned powerstone golems from Destiny's Edge!
    I don't know if anyone other than Snaff can build that

Stupid Logan >:(
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-18 at 01:26 PM.

I don't know if anyone other than Snaff can build that

Stupid Logan >:(
    I love him...but he was a total doosh.......
    The golem itself wasn't destroyed though U can bet Zojja took some of those stones with her if anyone could work em out...it's her genius n all that

Deleted
    It indeed sounds like Asura tech. Thanks to Nektar for the link

It's really interesting they're showing more and more 'special' mechanics though for pvp. If executed well (and I hope it will be) it'll make for some extremely interesting pvp;O
    Really wonder what those things could do though... Some kind of 'tank'like suits?

Deleted
    I know that people automatically think of Asura when it comes to these suits, but I'm kind of hoping for some Charr inspired ones too; instead of sleek design something more steampunkish would be nice.

Can't link, but if you go on youtube and look for "Guild Wars 2 Manifesto Trailer [HD]" at 3:24 there is shown something I think is a siegesuit.

Deleted
    Do you mean the Asura that jumps out of the machine after being attacked by the Charr? Between 3:29 and 3:32?
    That's actually quite nifty that you remembered that It would be really nice if that'd be it though. It reminds me of the mechs in Lost Planet 2 in some way.

What Nektar says is actually a valid point, considering it's a suit meant for sieging and the Charr are the most advanced in their military might (lorewise).

Whatever way it goes, I bet it's a great one

I think this may be a Charr creation rather than an Asura creation. If you look at Charr tech throughout their city you see more industry. I think siege suits would fit more inline with them than the Asura, besides Asura already have the golem elite skill and siege suit as the name implies must be strong enough to take out defenses around forts and castles. I think it will be much bigger and less mobile than the golem.

Cant wait to hear the rest of the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvena123 View Post

The interview itself is apparently coming pretty soon (in the comments section at the interview clip the dude who held the interview said Jan 23rd), but that currently he can't release the interview yet as Anet said so.
    s
    This is the most interesting part to me. If Anet has a specific date that they would allow this interview to be released, that implies that they themselves will be doing something of note before that date.

I'm praying for some official announcements! It's been too long

Quote Originally Posted by Derkin View Post
    Can't link, but if you go on youtube and look for "Guild Wars 2 Manifesto Trailer [HD]" at 3:24 there is shown something I think is a siegesuit.
    I believe that was (one of?) the asura racial elite skill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I believe that was (one of?) the asura racial elite skill?
    Could be this or this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's actually with GuildWarsInsider.com

Inspired by the Kurzick Juggernauts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Maybe they are those Charr machines that were walking in a trailer and were on fire?
    1:28

I wonder if those are engineer specific. Just a very uneducated guess.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    -snip-
    1:28
    There are so many of those hominide looking machines in Asura part of the trailer...
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)