How big are ToR zones compared to wow

-- it might not be necessary to compare, wow seems HUGE... although i've often thought of the scale and thought for a world it is tooo small,still it's huge. but ToR zone seems really massive.

TOR is different though, you are going to differnet planets, but then , you are never led to believe that you have visited the entire planet, whereas in wow, yo're are lead to bleieve you have visited the entire continent.. so when you think of it you think then if this is how big a continent is then it's not relaly that big.. whereas inin TOR it's like the SW movies and cartoons, they visit planets, bu tonly a c ertian are, so you still feell the planet is huge, and though the are you explore is big, you know it's not the whole planet, i'ts just a section of it your faction has business in.

Saying that.. hwen you compare the zones level for level... Tor seems MUCH MUCH bigger.

take Taris or Balmorran for example. This is a leel 16-20 zone. for 4 levels.. this is a lot bigger than Ashenvale or Wetlands. - or that is how i feel. Maybe it's cos it's my first time playing those areas, whereas for wow, i plyaed the old ashenvale many times, and i've done the new Ashenvale twice.. well i storta did section per section with bot h a hord e and allinace toon to get the story of the are.

So my perspective might be a bit warped, hence i'm throwing it out to you guys.. how big are they actually.. but another question is, does it matter? it's taking me days to go trhough one ToR zone, than it odes one wow zone, - bu tis that becuase of the number of missions? or travel time? i think also stopping for movies might lengthen the time spent considerably, however, tha'ts all part of the entertainmetn and i won't miss it. for those of you who do how big does it feel do you think it is?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2012-01-18 at 03:44 PM.

I'd love to see a comparison chart put together comparing the land masses of both areas. From playing WoW for 7 years and going to this, Star Wars worlds are extremely large.

I'd compare Tatooine or Hoth alone to covering from Tirisfal Glades through Eastern Kingdoms and as far south as the bottom of Arathi Highlands. Essentially, about 3-5 WoW zones combined into one planet.

"Tatooine is vastly populated" - Darth Maul
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    ... For it being a huge desert.

They are very big and the nice thing is they say they have plans on expanding them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They get bigger as you level up. Tatooine is the first planet that jumps to a rather large scale. I would say Tatooine is about as big as Northrend. Also because there are no flying mounts the world feels a lot bigger too.

Deleted
    wasnt it? "Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace is correct I will find them quickly Master."

or am i missing some joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    They get bigger as you level up. Tatooine is the first planet that jumps to a rather large scale. I would say Tatooine is about as big as Northrend. Also because there are no flying mounts the world feels a lot bigger too.
    That's a BIT too big if you ask me, I'll admit it's a large planet but it's not at all that large. I'd say it's approximately about the size of 2/3 Northrend zones...and even that might be pushing it a bit. I would not give it the size of the entire continent though, the only one I would give that possibility to is Alderaan and that might just be because I couldn't buy a speeder and it felt huge...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoth is huge. Obscenely huge. A huge barren snowy wasteland. I loved travelling with my shiny new speederbike on it. I am lacking a reference in WoW for it. It feels like the entire size of Kalimdor. It would be an interesting project indeed to measure it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Some of the planets such as Tatooine are huge but there is alot of wasted space that serve no use so its an illusion really. Plus alot of planets are seperated into 3 or 4 smaller areas and force you to use flight paths to go between them. It doesn't feel nearly as big when its not one big connected zone.

They are big but very linear with a lot of wasted space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't this subject been beaten to death on MMO-Champ already? I don't think the last thread with this topic went well, why start another?

It's about 3x the size of all the wow zones combined (right now) op.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't believe in creating worlds based on one feature. I'll go explore Tatooine for something other than desert." - A dead guy.

Anyway, I remember back in the days of vanilla and early BC, the zones mentioned by the OP were considered very large. It wasn't until mounts at 20 that those zones became small. In fact, it was those zones that warranted the change in mounts.

So while they could, in fact, be larger, it could also be precieved size due to lacking a mount.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    What I also enjoy about the zone is that they are not overpopulated with npcs which makes them much more realistic and don't have the wow zone "zoo" feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of threads on this already. Use the search function. As for exact size, someone will map it out eventually and create an infographic I'm sure.