Thread: Notepad Problem

Deleted

Notepad Problem

Whenever I copy and paste something into Notepad it ignores making multiple lines and instead just puts all the text in one line. Is there any work around for this? Or any other better program I should use? (Tried Notepad++ but it's the same).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you using notepad in the first place? If you can't afford microsoft office and word, i recommend using LibreOffice3. It does the same things as MS Office and has all the same programs, for free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Give us an example of what you're trying to copy-paste. If it's a paragraph with no line breaks ("enter" was pressed) then notepad will (by default) not word-wrap to the window. You can change this with 'Edit'->'Word Wrap' and then notepad will line-break when you type to the end of the window
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Give us an example of what you're trying to copy-paste
    The OP, for example.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    Why are you using notepad in the first place? If you can't afford microsoft office and word, i recommend using LibreOffice3. It does the same things as MS Office and has all the same programs, for free.
    Never really tought of it. I really liked the lightweight TextEdit on my ol' Macbook and the only thing I remember about office and word is the loading thingy before you start it. Not sure if it's still there in the later versions. I prefer lightweight text programs.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-01-18 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    The OP, for example.
    The OP has no line breaks in it, so theres no reason for it to be on multiple lines. As what has been mentioned above, enable word wrap if you want the illusion that it is on more than 1 line.

If you copy my entire post, there should be line breaks if you put it into Notepad.

Deleted
    Word wrap's working well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried using WordPad? Should come with Windowns 7.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Tried using WordPad? Should come with Windowns 7.
    WordPad looks cool. giving me some more options.

Btw, is that signature taken from OMFGCatas youtube channel? :P

Word wrap's working well.
    I don't think anyone seen what you've posted.

Wordwrap is not on by default in notepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    WordPad looks cool. giving me some more options.

Btw, is that signature taken from OMFGCatas youtube channel? :P
    *Heavy voice* Maybe... Maybe...

I prefer WordPad for some reason, I just prefer it over notepad. Maybe it's the style, or the options.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory