Rank 50 to 53 in 1 hour

If you're valor grinding, and you're not in Ilum right now - you're doing it wrong. The Valor is amazingly good right now, assuming your server has Republic and Empire groups farming each other. Just putting this out to let everyone know
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I would not waste too much time Vizz i am guessing theyre going to roll back all valor earned today due to the turrets issue. See the thread on it.

We're not really using the turrets. Even just farming people (there are dozens of Imps) is giving us a lot of valor.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    We're not really using the turrets. Even just farming people (there are dozens of Imps) is giving us a lot of valor.
    Doesn't matter in which way you've earned your valor today, I wouldn't bet on keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Doesn't matter in which way you've earned your valor today, I wouldn't bet on keeping it.
    No, I didn't fuck around with turret farming, I'm Republic side, we were the side getting owned. But even then, getting valor from people was giving us more valor per hour than warzones.

But I am very thoroughly fucking annoyed with this Ilum patch right now.

Hey Vizzle. They don't care how you got it, they'll take it regardless. Welcome to the MMO world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendandtear View Post
    Hey Vizzle. They don't care how you got it, they'll take it regardless. Welcome to the MMO world!
    Why? Farming people is not broken - it's intended. Learn the difference between what's intended and what isn't. People are exploiting the turrets. The valor from people is working as intended.

Everyone understands that, vizzle. But due to the turret issue a rollback on valor would be the fastest and easiest way to do it. In other words, don't be surprised at all to see your valor gone, even though you earned it the right way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vizzle, how have I not seen you in a WZ yet? =(

I'm kinda glad I'm working right now. I would be tempted to go to Ilum, but wouldn't really want to do this cause it's a bit evil.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Everyone understands that, vizzle. But due to the turret issue a rollback on valor would be the fastest and easiest way to do it. In other words, don't be surprised at all to see your valor gone, even though you earned it the right way.
    Meh. When I posted the OP I hadn't realized this turret bug yet. Now I'm pretty miffed. This is depressing and makes me wish GW2 was out... I realize there will be problems, but sigh sometimes I just don't know what they're thinking.

@Trolls

I don't know! I don't see many people from your guild actually, I killed a guy named "Ear Wax" or something from your guild.

Yeah, they are not going to spend the time to look at where each and every player got their valor and do individual roll-backs or not. Not to mention, if it weren't for the turrent bug, there would not be as many people there for you to kill. Roll-back and hopefully some banhammers incoming.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Farming people is not broken - it's intended. Learn the difference between what's intended and what isn't. People are exploiting the turrets. The valor from people is working as intended.

While it sucks you need to understand there is probably a limitation with the engine. Rather than spends weeks upon weeks of sorting who did and didn't farm the turret, it would be much easier and smarter to fix it asap and roll back all valor.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Trolls

I don't know! I don't see many people from your guild actually, I killed a guy named "Ear Wax" or something from your guild.
    Left'ear. Yeah, we had a lot in the guild that PvP. Usually just whoever wants to, so we don't create super elite groups or anythin, it's all for the fun. I like killing your guild though. It's like an unofficial rivalry. Often time you guys single us out, and we do the same. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Left'ear. Yeah, we had a lot in the guild that PvP. Usually just whoever wants to, so we don't create super elite groups or anythin, it's all for the fun. I like killing your guild though. It's like an unofficial rivalry. Often time you guys single us out, and we do the same. Hehe.
    Eh, our guild leader is planning a "restructuring" that's basically going to divide the guild into alts and mains, and "endgame" players and "casual" players. Probably going to kill the guild's spirit.

But yeah, it probably has something to do with different timezones If you queue tonight I should be there though.

I heard that turrets don't really give Valor. That it was just a vicious rumor circulated by trolls trying to hurt player sentiment toward swtor. Can anyone confirm that turrets truly give valor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be raiding tonight (my time), but PvPing after that. So we may cross paths. =)

Got to wonder if you are one of the ones being camped at your rez spot in the base, how do you actually leave the zone? There are few videos around of loads of imps camping the medical spawn point in the pub camp. There is no pvp stealth when doing the medical rez which is the only option, and with so much attacks going on doubtful you could stealth out of there or fleet pass. So do you just sit there rez over and over again dieing over and over again...or just log (bad).

Quote Originally Posted by logobola View Post
    Got to wonder if you are one of the ones being camped at your rez spot in the base, how do you actually leave the zone? There are few videos around of loads of imps camping the medical spawn point in the pub camp. There is no pvp stealth when doing the medical rez which is the only option, and with so much attacks going on doubtful you could stealth out of there or fleet pass. So do you just sit there rez over and over again dieing over and over again...or just log (bad).
    I had my Republic Fleet pass up thankfully. You can go to a warzone and afk in it, and it will teleport you to the Republic Fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logobola View Post
    queue for a warzone and afk out

instant fleet.

It's SWTOR equivalent of a ghetto hearth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vervacious View Post
    I heard that turrets don't really give Valor. That it was just a vicious rumor circulated by trolls trying to hurt player sentiment toward swtor. Can anyone confirm that turrets truly give valor?
    considering i just saw like 5 battlemasters in my huttball, i don't think it's a rumor. that and the 80 imperials camping the republic base.