Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Should PVP gear not have an item that can be used to do pve content?????

    i dont think so what do you all think.

  2. #2
    The Patient Stormreage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    330
    What exactly are you trying to say? Also one question mark is enough.
    Many hugs for Shyama for awesome sig!

  3. #3
    What i am trying to say is that i feel ilvl should be taken off of pvp gear as nothing pvp related uses it. pvpers however use it to get into heroics and lfr and take gear from those who need it for raiding and such. there are so many using pvp gear to pump their ilvl up so they can enter dungeons and raids they otherwise would and should not be in.

  4. #4
    Item level on PVP gear is due to the stat budget.

    The stat budget on PVP gear is more than that of PVE gear, thats why the PVP gear is often higher than PVE gear.

    It also has an item level so it can be enchanted. Many enchants have a minimum item level requirement, to avoid giving high end cata enchants to level 60 and level 70 twinks.


    Just make the ingame system for checking items discredit any gear with resilience, that or make it less that the same level of PVE gear, instead of more.
    That way to get the highest item level gear for PVE content, you would get PVE gear, not PVP gear. And also PVP gear can keep it's item level so it can be enchanted, which is one of the main reasons it has an item level in the first place.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-01-18 at 06:37 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  5. #5
    At first I though the OP wanted stuff from PvP that could be used efficiently in PvE. In which case there are the weapons that can be used until you get current content weapons from PvE.

    I don't think PvP gear should have item level taken away completely, but simply remove Resilience from the calculation (so item levels would drop by a bit). A Cataclysmic Gladiator's piece is generally better than a 378 PvE piece, except when it has a secondary DPS stat that is poor for the spec.

  6. #6
    i agree.

    heres how i think pvp gear level whould be.

    season : then normal heoric or elite
    as for ilvl it should have same item level as base cata gear.

    allowing pvp to cross into pve without allowing pve to cross into pvp should not be allowed.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 02:05 PM ----------

    I currently am a 394 arms warrior with destroyers end so it really doesnt apply to me. however its been an issue in the past and its still an issue in hot and lfr. there are toons doing next to no damage heals and impossible tanks due to having ilvl buff from pvp gear. i hate seeing items go to them when theres legitimate raiders that need the gear to complete their raiding set. blizzard has tried many methods of gating and well pvp gear just unlocks the gate for those who dont deserve to be in the content.

  7. #7
    I like the idea of removing the iLVL. Or maybe make it a different category so people cannot use it for PVE dungeons (q requirements)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Item level on PVP gear is due to the stat budget.

    The stat budget on PVP gear is more than that of PVE gear, thats why the PVP gear is often higher than PVE gear.

    It also has an item level so it can be enchanted. Many enchants have a minimum item level requirement, to avoid giving high end cata enchants to level 60 and level 70 twinks.


    Just make the ingame system for checking items discredit any gear with resilience, that or make it less that the same level of PVE gear, instead of more.
    That way to get the highest item level gear for PVE content, you would get PVE gear, not PVP gear. And also PVP gear can keep it's item level so it can be enchanted, which is one of the main reasons it has an item level in the first place.
    Yeah a flag for resilience seems sensible rather than discarding the entire ilvl system.

    That being said, Power torrent/Landslide/Windwalk on heirloom weapons would be crazy lol

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,214
    Who honestly cares about powerfull enchants on low gear anyway? who cares about low level PVP that is pretty fucked up to begin with? but I don't think PVP gear should be changed, using it is a disadvantage in terms of secondary stats and should be kept that way, I also don't get this minimum level bollocks, if you have gear and want to enchant it, why the hell not? is it game-breaking to have a level 50 with landslide? I hardly think so.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Who honestly cares about powerfull enchants on low gear anyway? who cares about low level PVP that is pretty fucked up to begin with? but I don't think PVP gear should be changed, using it is a disadvantage in terms of secondary stats and should be kept that way, I also don't get this minimum level bollocks, if you have gear and want to enchant it, why the hell not? is it game-breaking to have a level 50 with landslide? I hardly think so.

    yes, yes it is,a lvl 19 uses mending, becomes immortal.
    it's not hard to see the problems of high lvl enchants on low end gear.

  11. #11
    I will admit to abusing the crap out of the itemlevel system to get into higher level heroics and move on to raid finder. When I leveled up my priest, I noticed that the 4.3 blue BoE pvp gear on the AH was 377 ilevel, so i bought a bunch of pieces and stored them in my bags. Those pieces pushed my total ilevel over the 359 cap required for Hour of Twilight heroics, and the quest items i got out of Hour of Twilight heroics allowed me to make the jump to raid finder. I had been 85 for 8 hours, and was in Dragon Soul. Within another week I was running Normal Dragon Soul, at which point I was able to resell the 377 pvp gear on the AH for little to no monetary loss. The system is broken. I don't have a way to fix it, and until someone does fix it, I will continue to abuse it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tozarr View Post
    I will admit to abusing the crap out of the itemlevel system to get into higher level heroics and move on to raid finder. When I leveled up my priest, I noticed that the 4.3 blue BoE pvp gear on the AH was 377 ilevel, so i bought a bunch of pieces and stored them in my bags. Those pieces pushed my total ilevel over the 359 cap required for Hour of Twilight heroics, and the quest items i got out of Hour of Twilight heroics allowed me to make the jump to raid finder. I had been 85 for 8 hours, and was in Dragon Soul. Within another week I was running Normal Dragon Soul, at which point I was able to resell the 377 pvp gear on the AH for little to no monetary loss. The system is broken. I don't have a way to fix it, and until someone does fix it, I will continue to abuse it.
    While not the main point of the post, this hit on one of the chief problems that really irks me. Both in Wrath and Cata, the level cap craftable BoE blues, which should be designed for people to help them get a leg up into PvE heroics, were crappy PvP sets. I say should, since you have to go farm PvE content to gather the materials (or farm the AH, either or).

    So then why do you spend all of those PvE-gathered materials to make shitty PvP blues with resilience? You can show up to a random BG nekkid, spend your entire time in the GY, and lose every single match you go into, you would eventually get enough HP and buy your gear. You can't do that in a heroic, so why am I crafting PvP crap?

    PvP gear should come entirely from PvP sources, not crafting professions.

    And yes, like others have said, resilience should not factor into your ilvl for purposes of LFD/LFR/etc

  13. #13
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,410
    This thread again huh?

    Item level should stay on PvP gear, if only for the simple reason of you'd be ass-fucking what is left of the Bear Tanks out there.

    Pre-raids PvP gear (honor/Conq) is better than most PvE gear of equivalent difficulty (JP/Dungeons/LFR) to get. Exception being Tier bonus.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-18 at 09:07 PM.

  14. #14
    i wonder how many people would be pissed is you got flagged for wearing pvp gear and unable to do LFR and hot in said gear??

  15. #15
    Sure, as long as it goes both ways. If you've got less than 3k resil, do not allow people to queue for bgs, or at least put them in separate BGs from people
    that do. I'm so tired of doing BG's during holidays with PvE geared heros ruining my honor per hour

    Likewise, I'm ok with PvP gear not counting for LFR. I maintain both sets and I think you should not be allowed to do either without being properly prepared.

  16. #16
    This same topic has probably been raised thousands of times, same argument with very little reasoning. It's LFR you can survive with PVP gear, if you want filter who can come into your raids then form a guild.

    Let me ask you this, what if they did the reverse and made it so you couldn't PVP with PVE gear? How do you thing that would impact your game and that of others, the system is designed the way it is for a reason.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaptooth View Post
    Sure, as long as it goes both ways. If you've got less than 3k resil, do not allow people to queue for bgs, or at least put them in separate BGs from people
    that do. I'm so tired of doing BG's during holidays with PvE geared heros ruining my honor per hour

    Likewise, I'm ok with PvP gear not counting for LFR. I maintain both sets and I think you should not be allowed to do either without being properly prepared.
    There is an easy way to fix all of it. BG's (or at least RBG's) and Arenas should adopt a similar system Guildwars used on a "max level PvP only" character, were you essentially were given some premade sets of gear to choose from for each class, giving no one any gear advantage/disadvantage over the next guy, and then you fought.

    Then it all boiled down to team composition/skill.

    The actual PvP rewards people buy now can just be for, I don't know, world PvP or some shit.

    Will never happen, of course.

  18. #18
    Some characters in full PVP gear do more DPS than characters in full PVE gear. Point proven wrong. Next.

  19. #19
    it wouldnt impact the game one bit. there are alot of pvpers qqing about pve toons bring items like agi trink and gurthalak in pvp saying its an unfair advantage. i feel that there should be a base pvp set and if you want to pvp you start with that and build up on your set. im sick of seeing pvp gear toons in lfr and heroics ruining the instance experience. if you dont have the pve gear you have no right to be in the raid/dungeon

  20. #20
    2.2k rated player is million times better player, then heroic mod scrub.
    and bad PvPer is better, then bad PvEr, because he also needs to be lucky at Rolls.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •