Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Some characters in full PVP gear do more DPS than characters in full PVE gear. Point proven wrong. Next.
    Yep. PVP gear works fine for PVE in a pinch. In rare cases a PVP piece is best in slot for a particular spec.

To the OP: less QQ, more Pew Pew. PVP gear isn't causing you any headaches, bad players are, and bad players will always be there.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    it wouldnt impact the game one bit. there are alot of pvpers qqing about pve toons bring items like agi trink and gurthalak in pvp saying its an unfair advantage. i feel that there should be a base pvp set and if you want to pvp you start with that and build up on your set. im sick of seeing pvp gear toons in lfr and heroics ruining the instance experience. if you dont have the pve gear you have no right to be in the raid/dungeon
    If you pay your $15/month, you have every right to be in that raid/dungeon. Get over yourself. PVP gear doesn't make someone perform badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have already been numerous threads about this already. Wait until MoP and see what Blizz does with gear. This has been addressed in a blue post. It won't change before then and creating threads about is just a waste.

lol i know alot of good pvp players that utterly suck in pve. stand in fire dont interrupt and just plain cant pay attention. this isnt about the player its about him using gear that is not designed for the content. resil does not belong in pve content no matter how good it is. you obviously are a pvper

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeqt View Post
    This same topic has probably been raised thousands of times, same argument with very little reasoning. It's LFR you can survive with PVP gear, if you want filter who can come into your raids then form a guild.

Let me ask you this, what if they did the reverse and made it so you couldn't PVP with PVE gear? How do you thing that would impact your game and that of others, the system is designed the way it is for a reason.
    I already said it, and it's already like that now. You could go into a BG nekkid and still profit if the rest of your team is strong enough. And for a lot of freshly dinged 85's (or 80, 70, 60 in past expansions) and if you're rocking mostly shitty quest greens, you almost are nekkid in terms of survivability. Shit, back in Wrath's arena system, you could run in wearing a santa outfit, throwing snowballs at the other team, and /dance with them until you lose all 10 games for the week, collect your arena points, and buy decent gear after a few weeks. Can't do that in Cata's arenas anymore, but you can still get a little HP from losing BG's, so you would eventually get something even if you lose every match.

The flip can't be said for that same freshly dinged 85 in mostly shitty quest greens. For one thing, you already can't go into a heroic, but if you could, and you're the tank or healer, you're not going to down any bosses, and will get 0 JP or loot out of it.

I chiefly blame the crafting system for the last two expansions, only offering shitty PvP blues for people that want to get geared for PvE content, instead of PvP AND PvE-centric recipes like it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Yep. PVP gear works fine for PVE in a pinch. In rare cases a PVP piece is best in slot for a particular spec.

To the OP: less QQ, more Pew Pew. PVP gear isn't causing you any headaches, bad players are, and bad players will always be there.[COLOR="red"]
    there are no pvp bis items for pve content and there shouldnt be. you pvpers always qq about getting wrecked by toons with full pve gear on. all i need is a healer behind me and your screwed. simple fact is that pvp ilvl should not count for heroics and raids. stick to your content and we will stick to ours. stop abusing the ilvl gating system and gear your toons in normal dungeons like we all have.

there are no pvp bis items for pve content and there shouldnt be. you pvpers always qq about getting wrecked by toons with full pve gear on. all i need is a healer behind me and your screwed. simple fact is that pvp ilvl should not count for heroics and raids. stick to your content and we will stick to ours. stop abusing the ilvl gating system and gear your toons in normal dungeons like we all have.
    I'm actually quite the carebear. I'll occasionally cap conquest for fun but I lead 2 DS runs per week and am primarily a raider. (Waat, Wât, Wat, Charlton, Tweenwolf, Monsignor, Pyromancy on Azgalor are my toons if you want to armory stalk for proof) I wear precisely ONE piece of PVP gear for pve, and that's the Cataclysmic neck piece for my shaman's resto set, because it beats the pants off my previous neck.

Now that I've squashed your stupid little strawman argument, on to the real point: PVP gear can be very useful in PVE. LOTS of pvp gear is better than LOTS of pve gear. Obviously pure top end pve gear is going to be optimal 99% of the time, but someone in full PVP gear who knows his class is immensely more useful in LFR/5mans than your average LFR/LFD baddy regardless of his gear.

Barring pvp gear from random dungeons raids isn't going to magically make people stop sucking, and make you stop wiping. It is not the problem, baddies are the problem, and baddies are here to stay.

"Please blizzard, make it so that people who can't do 20k dps are banned from your dungeon that is tuned for 5k'

lol waat you crack me up. its not the point. it is when a person is wearing 333 and 346 items in lfr and using pvp gear in their bags to get in. its not fair to the others in the raid to have to carry those who didnt earn the ilvl to get into the content.

When they make it so that you can't wear PvE gear, in PvP, it will also be perfectly fine to make it so that you can't use PvP gear in PvE, until then, GO GET YOUR PVE LOOT, PvP'ers

Equallity

lol waat you crack me up. its not the point. it is when a person is wearing 333 and 346 items in lfr and using pvp gear in their bags to get in. its not fair to the others in the raid to have to carry those who didnt earn the ilvl to get into the content.
    See also:

Barring pvp gear from random dungeons raids isn't going to magically make people stop sucking, and make you stop wiping. It is not the problem, baddies are the problem, and baddies are here to stay.

Deleted
    My full PvP geared rogue hits top3 dps in LFR shiznits without a hitch while your PvE geared heroes still suck on fight mechanics.

It's been said over and over again, it is not about the gear, it is about the player.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Item level on PVP gear is due to the stat budget.

The stat budget on PVP gear is more than that of PVE gear, thats why the PVP gear is often higher than PVE gear.

It also has an item level so it can be enchanted. Many enchants have a minimum item level requirement, to avoid giving high end cata enchants to level 60 and level 70 twinks.

Just make the ingame system for checking items discredit any gear with resilience, that or make it less that the same level of PVE gear, instead of more.
    That way to get the highest item level gear for PVE content, you would get PVE gear, not PVP gear. And also PVP gear can keep it's item level so it can be enchanted, which is one of the main reasons it has an item level in the first place.
    I was going to say that your reason weren't relevant since they could easily work around it if they wanted. Then i read the second paragraph and you stated my point, pretty much. :>

I think pvp gear should contribute, but that might just be because i personally pull good damage even without the second secondary stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree.

heres how i think pvp gear level whould be.

season : then normal heoric or elite
    as for ilvl it should have same item level as base cata gear.

allowing pvp to cross into pve without allowing pve to cross into pvp should not be allowed.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 02:05 PM ----------

I currently am a 394 arms warrior with destroyers end so it really doesnt apply to me. however its been an issue in the past and its still an issue in hot and lfr. there are toons doing next to no damage heals and impossible tanks due to having ilvl buff from pvp gear. i hate seeing items go to them when theres legitimate raiders that need the gear to complete their raiding set. blizzard has tried many methods of gating and well pvp gear just unlocks the gate for those who dont deserve to be in the content.
    I geared my warrior up that way. I did pvp until I got a weapon, and a few pieces to get me into HoT, then I did HoT until I could do LFR. It's way quicker than Regulars and Normal Heroics (which, by the way, no-one with gear does anymore, so they take forever, and all the idiots tend to find me in there.)

I still pulled respectable damage in there, even with pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had this thread a million times before, so let me lay it out for you.

What you want: For PVP gear to not be used in PVE, because you're tired of getting beating by PVP-geared DPS, healing PVP-geared tanks, or wiping because of PVP-geared players with low DPS.

What the PVPers think: If that was going to be true, then all PVE gear should be removed from PVP. Because while you're dealing with what I mentioned above, we're dealing with Humans using double-DPS trinkets, Frost mages with Dragonwrath, DKs/Warriors/Paladins with Gurthalak, and now Rogues with Fangs of the Father.

What gets accomplished: Nothing.

You can't have one without the other. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We want PvE gear to be useful in PvP and vice versa, but neither should be quite as good as the other. You'll still be able to be viable either way. Meaning, if you want to go from your Raid into a Battleground for a bit, you won't necessarily need to swap gear, and if you go from PvP into a dungeon, people shouldn't get immediately incensed that you didn't change for the occasion.
    Because this apparently needs to be said in every thread like this. This is what's planned for MoP. No one is going to do what's proposed in this thread before then.

Let it go.

lets make it so you can't queue for bgs then unless you have a certain amount of resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    lets make it so you can't queue for bgs then unless you have a certain amount of resilience.
    i agree. we have limits and such on content we can run so should you. you want equal rights well then remove item level requirements and let a fresh 85 run lfr in blues and greens lol.