Deleted

Help required for part combination

Greetings guys and girls. I think this is the right place to ask for some info. I have two old pcs and I am asked to build one with the best parts for my younger brother so as it can run cataclysm till summer.

The first box has intel D 2 cores at 3.2 ghz and 2gb ram in an asus p5gd2-x powered by a random 500 watt psu.
    THe second box contains e6400 core duo at 2.13 ghz with 4 gb ddr2 in abit powered by a random 420 watt psu.

The graphics card will be 8800 gt and the case is more than fine.

Both systems could run wow in tbc times without any problems in heavy raid environment but they are more than prehistoric nowdays.
    Question is : Since wow is heavy cpu speed based, does it worth it to try the older but faster cpu -especially if its possible to patch it on the abit mobo with 775 socket- or just go with the newer 6400 conroe and mess with overclocking? If the latter is advised, any tips for the chip? Google was poor on that part.

Thanks for taking time in reading and I would appreciate any info.

Id assume the second box would be the best option but I wouldnt really hold my breath on getting too much frame wise out of either. Keep in mind the frequency or clock of your CPU only has to do w/ how fast that cpu or line of cpu's is, 3.1Ghz on an old cpu would be slower than a sub 3Ghz i7/i5 etc. An older cpu is likely quite a bit slower even at higher clocks than a newer cpu.

Deleted
    Understood mate. Thanks for helping.

Well let me clarify cuz even rereading that myself can sound a bit sketchy. The frequency at which a CPU runs is just that not every other cpu it is very similar to the same series but each 1 can vary on how much an OC really changes things but I left it vague in that 2 CPU's of near the same time of different series could change the whole situation in that 1 could be only mildly slower or mildly faster than the other which would change the skew on how fast 3.1 v 2.9 could really be.