Poll: wich one?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

companion question

heya

so i was wondering, im a sith marauder at 30, and would questing be much easier with quinn then vette? i guess since quinn heals i guess (never tried him rly) but vette has big firepower, thats why the question =P

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 10:14 AM ----------

thx for the votes on the poll =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas? I mean, having heals sounds nice and all, but more pewpew means faster killing which in turn means more done in less time. Any suggestions out there?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    the poll seems too be in vette's favor so guess thats the choice =) good xD kinda hate that she has too be so "good" tho xD she gets like -30 sometimes when i wanna be the most sith-ish xD

I'd go for Vette unless you have a problem with survivability against a tough mob/boss. Use Pacify (or whatever it's called in sithish!) against NPC's that hurt - just before a burst - and that 20 % damage reduction. Should be a piece of kaka.

Oh, and don't be afraid of using med packs! Use them if necessary!
    Last edited by Voidism; 2012-01-19 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    I'd go for Vette unless you have a problem with survivability against a tough mob/boss. Use Pacify (or whatever it's called in sithish!) against NPC's that hurt - just before a burst - and that 20 % damage reduction. Should be a piece of kaka.

Oh, and don't be afraid of using med packs! Use them if necessary!
    i use medpacks like tic-tacs m8 =P

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    i use medpacks like tic-tacs m8 =P
    Good. Gooooood. :-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA2eKABuEE

Well, I think the healer companions are more annoying than helpful - that's my last argument!
    Like Cedrax deploying Holiday - when my health is being burst down by a giant elite - on a weak mob! And no, turning the ability off doesn't seem to work after mounting up or dismissing him.

Vette hands down. Nothing wrong with Quinn its just that he gets too distracted sometimes. Mostly what ive been doing is letting Vette start the fight then I jump in. About 50% enemy health I use a health pack on me and Vette if needed and force choke about 15% enemy health. I've been using Jaesa since I've got her as a companion but sometimes she dies too quick but she does alot of damage to single targets.
    Last edited by Xenohelm; 2012-01-19 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    when you get on hoth say goodbye to vette. after that quinn is mandatory if you dont want to wipe like 40 times per pack of mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharrel View Post
    when you get on hoth say goodbye to vette. after that quinn is mandatory if you dont want to wipe like 40 times per pack of mobs.
    omg no =(
    they should rly nerf mobs health and dmg since it shouldent be that hard too lvl tbh -.-

What about Jaesa I use her and she is a better dps than vette and mobs aren't that hard for you to be needing quinn that much

15+ Year Old Account
    omg no =(
    they should rly nerf mobs health and dmg since it shouldent be that hard too lvl tbh -.-
    That is kind of the point. They don't want you to breeze through leveling. They want you to learn how to actually use your abilities and cooldowns to maximize the damage you do and your survivability. They don't want Steve the Rogue getting to max level only knowing how to press one button over and over. All that does is hinder the gameplay of others who group with Steve the Rogue doing 200 dps at max level because he spams SS over and over. I love that they imparted some difficulty in the leveling process as it makes you more aware of the true capabilities, strength,s and weaknesses of your class and spec and how to actually use your spells and talents to not suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That is kind of the point. They don't want you to breeze through leveling. They want you to learn how to actually use your abilities and cooldowns to maximize the damage you do and your survivability. They don't want Steve the Rogue getting to max level only knowing how to press one button over and over. All that does is hinder the gameplay of others who group with Steve the Rogue doing 200 dps at max level because he spams SS over and over. I love that they imparted some difficulty in the leveling process as it makes you more aware of the true capabilities, strength,s and weaknesses of your class and spec and how to actually use your spells and talents to not suck.
    y but still, this is TOO hard -.- imo

Quinn, his heals are pretty damn useful to lower your downtime, why stand and regen when you can slaughter mobs?

the poll seems too be in vette's favor so guess thats the choice =) good xD kinda hate that she has too be so "good" tho xD she gets like -30 sometimes when i wanna be the most sith-ish xD
    You could always dismiss her before you hand in quests. I found that helped when I was using Kira (JK) and I wanted to go down the dark path.

Once I turned Jaesa I kept her around till 50. If you keep her gear upgraded and modded then she is a straight killing machine. Also I love the stuff she says, such a murderous slut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to people saying using your healer companion is mandatory at a certain point. That's just not true. I'm currently doing level 48 questing on Corellia as a dps Jedi Shadow with my melee dps companion out and it's working perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    Quinn, his heals are pretty damn useful to lower your downtime, why stand and regen when you can slaughter mobs?
    While at the same time, with vette the groups will go down a lot faster so you can engage the next group much faster. For as long as you don't require the healing I would say the extra damage is definitely better, I only use Quinn on extra hard encounters.

Also Vette on AoE mode (can't remember it's real name) is just awesome, her grenade gets a cooldown of around 4.5 seconds I think and her aoe gun ability on around 8 seconds I think, since most fights are multiple mobs she beats the heck out of Quinn in my opinion.

Deleted
    y but still, this is TOO hard -.- imo
    If it's too difficult for you, maybe this game is not for you. Personally I absolutely love the fact that there's a degree of challenge even for solo content, unlike the other mmo I played for years.

Quote Originally Posted by foolmetwice View Post
    If it's too difficult for you, maybe this game is not for you. Personally I absolutely love the fact that there's a degree of challenge even for solo content, unlike the other mmo I played for years.
    lol looks like it's too difficult to you too, there is no challenge in solo content.

Quinn when you fight with especially tough elites and all champions or some rare packs of two tough strongs and Vette/Jaesa for everything apart from that. Also, to gain the reputation with Quinn while talking to NPCs you have to be very pragmatic and I would say boring like he is. Vette is definitely more fun and Jaesa gives you affection for strong good/bad choices following which makes overall feel of playing your character more bright.

Ofc, it's just my opinion and nothing more.