Poll: wich one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    lol looks like it's too difficult to you too, there is no challenge in solo content.
    well then tell me your secret since im down too 40-60% health after packs with 4 or 1 strong 1 normal O_o

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    What about Jaesa I use her and she is a better dps than vette and mobs aren't that hard for you to be needing quinn that much
    This. Jaesa is definitely the best warrior option.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    well then tell me your secret since im down too 40-60% health after packs with 4 or 1 strong 1 normal O_o
    Me too if i'm with non-healer companion. But u call this a challenge? Pfff

Regular/Strong Vette
    Elite Quinn

(I am only 25 on this toon)
    "Peace is a lie"

As many have said and I have to agree, there comes a point where the mobs just start ripping into you, where you start having to use alot of your stun abilities and learn how to interupt. It can be done with Vette or Jaesa but I find that it's much easier with Quinn, it cuts your downtime so much that it's just better to role with Quinn. If I was you I'd start using Quinn now and start gearing him up because he will be such an assett to you. Just my 2 cents. I have a 50 Warrior and thats what I found to be the best. If you are going up against an elite or harder I usually turn off all of Quinn's attacking abilities to where he can't do anything but heal me.

I used vette until I got jaesa. Then on occasion when I'm doing something difficult I pull out quinn.

don't use broonmark or pierce at all. They only run trade missions for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSpawn View Post
    As many have said and I have to agree, there comes a point where the mobs just start ripping into you, where you start having to use alot of your stun abilities and learn how to interupt. It can be done with Vette or Jaesa but I find that it's much easier with Quinn, it cuts your downtime so much that it's just better to role with Quinn. If I was you I'd start using Quinn now and start gearing him up because he will be such an assett to you. Just my 2 cents. I have a 50 Warrior and thats what I found to be the best. If you are going up against an elite or harder I usually turn off all of Quinn's attacking abilities to where he can't do anything but heal me.
    I completely disagree with this post. I tried Quinn and the amount of time I spend on each group is bordering on the ridiculous. With Vette I mow through 'm like no tommorow. And with Jaesa it's *SPLAT* and move to the next group. Even the more difficult encounters are easier with high DPS companions. Just send them in first, let them work up a bit of aggro and deal some decent damage while you work up some rage for bursting it down or before jumping in grabbing aggro and finishing the fight. If you interrupt stupidly high damage abilities like 'Missile Barrage' from big droid mobs and the healing abilities, it becomes a breeze. The health regen takes up less time compred to the slowness of you killing mobs with Quinn.

High DPS companion > annoying healer that heals at the worst possible moment in a fight and does shit for DPS.

Not to mention that Quinn is quite possibly the most boring companion in the game.

Also, reusable medpacks and stims <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up Lord Scourge the other day (playing as a sentinel) and brought him along for a bit when I hit Belsavis the first time. It started to become a bit too stressful though and I switched back to Doc since I was still a bit squishy. Been clear sailing ever since. Only down side is that I still want to max Kira's affection but that may have to wait for a bit during the leveling process.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    As marauder i would go with quinn.. but since im a immortal specced juggernaut i go with vette (dont need the heals that much to not)

It's personal preference and gear dependency. I leveled with my man (he was the warrior jugg, I was a assassin tank) so he could pick whichever he needed while I had khem derp(which is the worst companion EVER as an assassin tank, even though he agrees with me in convos ><). He often chose Quinn over vette because we got things done faster than vette being retarded and shooting a sap or whirlwind. Once he got jesea, he threw both of those two idiots out and managed jesea. He only ever uses quinn now when we're doing heroic 4's or so and we have to have khem val/xalek tank while quinn heals, otherwise it's jasea and my Talos.

Solo, though I've played a baby warrior and a bounty hunter up til tatooine(both tanks, but meh). If you are having troubles, you need to learn the functionality of your abilities. For example, if there was a weak and a hard guy, I would send a comp onto the hard guy and focus the easy guy. OR I would put explosive dart(it's a stun on weak/norms that explodes after a certain amount of time ) on the weak and handle the strong, OR charge the weak with comp on strong and splash the hell out of them.

There's a lot of things you can do. The biggest thing is learn how to utilize stun rotation, cooldowns, and your companions. Vette seems to be a nice single target when put into a sniper stance, so consider using her as your offtank on strongs in a strong-norm/weak match. Put her in aoe stance and she can handle a few oft hose normals ina pack of 4 norm for you as you burn each down. Quinn can be utilized as either a healer or a DPS, Please NOTE: you need to actually CONTROL your companion. you can't just send him in and expect him to operate at peak. Turn off AoE abilities when vette is single targeting, turn quinn's heals off if he is dpsing... etc
    "Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry." --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett, JiNGO
    TP, Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    I completely disagree with this post. I tried Quinn and the amount of time I spend on each group is bordering on the ridiculous. With Vette I mow through 'm like no tommorow. And with Jaesa it's *SPLAT* and move to the next group. Even the more difficult encounters are easier with high DPS companions. Just send them in first, let them work up a bit of aggro and deal some decent damage while you work up some rage for bursting it down or before jumping in grabbing aggro and finishing the fight. If you interrupt stupidly high damage abilities like 'Missile Barrage' from big droid mobs and the healing abilities, it becomes a breeze. The health regen takes up less time compred to the slowness of you killing mobs with Quinn.

High DPS companion > annoying healer that heals at the worst possible moment in a fight and does shit for DPS.

Not to mention that Quinn is quite possibly the most boring companion in the game.

Also, reusable medpacks and stims <3
    If you are taking forever to take down anything harder than elite with Quinn out you are either A) A Juggernaut or B) Your rotation is aweful and you need to rethink your spec and rotation.

I'll take having zero downtime between fights and basically never have to worry about anything but my own rotation over having to worry about using medpacks and stims just to remain alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSpawn View Post
    If you are taking forever to take down anything harder than elite with Quinn out you are either A) A Juggernaut or B) Your rotation is aweful and you need to rethink your spec and rotation.

I'll take having zero downtime between fights and basically never have to worry about anything but my own rotation over having to worry about using medpacks and stims just to remain alive.
    A). True, as a Jugg i forgot about Marauders. Not tank spac though. But the stuns/chokes/dmg reductions/cc immunities makes a healer redundant and thus useless. And as vengeance spec, my dps is great. Unlike some people who think that only marauders can do great dps (not aimed at you DecembetSpawn).

B). Please don't draw conclusions like that regardless who you're talking to. The way you phrase it is offensive.

As for your last point, I think its a matter of playstyle. I'll take killing extremely fast with a 5-8 second health regen rather then taking longer per fight. Gives me time to chat/send companions on crew skills etc.

EDIT: and only now i see the op was reffering to marauders. My bad. Disregard my posts. D'oh!
    Last edited by Reavyn; 2012-01-20 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    now it looks like quinn has the upper hand on the poll =O

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    A). True, as a Jugg i forgot about Marauders. Not tank spac though. But the stuns/chokes/dmg reductions/cc immunities makes a healer redundant and thus useless. And as vengeance spec, my dps is great. Unlike some people who think that only marauders can do great dps (not aimed at you DecembetSpawn).

B). Please don't draw conclusions like that regardless who you're talking to. The way you phrase it is offensive.

As for your last point, I think its a matter of playstyle. I'll take killing extremely fast with a 5-8 second health regen rather then taking longer per fight. Gives me time to chat/send companions on crew skills etc.
    I promise I wasn't trying to be offensive. If you took it that way I do apologize. I actually have two Warriors in the works atm. I have a 50 Maur and a 38 Jugg and honestly even dps spec'd as a Jugg it cannot compare to the dps output of a maurader. I just found it easier in both cases to have Quinn out and just go to town. But as you said it all boils down to playstyle and what you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    im carnage for lvling, is that the best or would one of the other 2 be better? at 30 atm