Heroic Hagara 10 Man Issues

My guild has been progressing on Heroic Hagara, this being the second week. We've seen a clean ice phase and our dps is holding up just fine.

The issue is lightning phase, we're forced into 3 healing it even though our paladin and shaman are pulling 20k hps each easily. Even with the third healer we're still ahead up the enrage timer as far as dps goes so I don't think that'll be the issue. I'm just reaching out for suggestions for 10 man and how to deal with lightning phase. It just seems we tend to die too quickly, and this is with a resto druid popping tree form tranq.
    I made this rough diagram of what we try to do.

The numbers represent individual players and they're positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally nothing wrong with how you are doing it. You just need to make adjustments to cooldown timing and have the people chaining speed it up. That being said I am usually the # 6 person and I usually finish mine and finish the light purple @ top right for the other group for them before anyone dies.

People are doing something wrong if you are dying with 3 healers with that strategy.

Yeah it seems like people are taking more damage than logs that I have been looking at. I feel like they're taking too long to chain it. I just wanted to make sure we werent missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    Yeah it seems like people are taking more damage than logs that I have been looking at. I feel like they're taking too long to chain it. I just wanted to make sure we werent missing anything.
    You are using 8 people to do the job of 4.

That's people taking more unnecessary damage.

We had our healers sit middle.

Pets can chain so if you have pet classes they can take up people's spots and have more sitting middle, not taking any damage.

When people start chaining, after their target is chained to they can run middle to avoid further damage to themselves.

During this phase you need to pop at least 2-4 CD's if you are not entirely confident your healers cannot keep everyone up, or people cannot chain quickly enough and properly to avoid mass damage.

Note: We're a 25 man guild, but also attempted this on 10 man. We also sat middle in 25 though as well.

Deleted
    Seems you're missing nature resistance.
    Even if the hunter would provide it, you don't have a full raid coverage.

If incoming damage is your problem, try to get a shaman in covering the right side while the hunter uses his aspect for the left side during the lightning phase.

Just place the Healing Stream (assuming you have the glyph) right in the center and it SHOULD reach everyone.

Deleted
    it generally doesn't, shit range on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    You are using 8 people to do the job of 4.

That's people taking more unnecessary damage.
    What this guy says, we we're trying the same, extremely overcomplicating things, depending on raid comp, 5 people will be the absolute max you'll need, rest should hug up on healers close to middle and move from shit on the ground

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    even though our paladin and shaman are pulling 20k hps each easily.
    ok, but 20 k does not sound like alot :/
    I haven't done hagara 10 hc yet, only morchok & yorsahj, but from my pov in normal, 20 k is not much. Are you sure they are healing as much as they can?

Deleted
    We have 4 people chain the lighthing. 2 people run clockwise around and 2 people run counterclockwise. Everyone else stands in middle and waits for phase to end. We assign one healer to each crew and the last healer to the raid. Classes with dmg reducing cds is ideal for chaining the lighthing, especially towards the end when the stacks get a bit high. Also shadowpriest, balance, elemental can assist heal.

we just send 3 ppl each direction. Minimal risk of breaking the chain and extend the phase, enough to get the job done. With 3 healers you pretty much shouldn't be able to die here with decent CDusage. Ask tanks to chip in (I sure hope they've scrambled together 4 set in this time).

Deleted
    Its all about speed, have players in set positions ready to go. Soon as the add dies the phase should be over with 5-10 seconds, thats a tranq + all holy paladin cooldowns. A Shaman here isn't great, healing rain can't be used. Take into account pets can also be used as part of the chain. YouTube Hagara 10 man Heroic guide to see lightning phase done with a Traq and a Divine Hymn. Should be a Fatboss video come up first. Good luck

We started with the fatboss strategy (more or less what you are using), but decided it was easier to have 4 people do one side (the 4 people without good cd), and then 2 people do the other. As a paladin tank I use my TB trinket + glyphed 40% damage reduction and usually run with a shadow priest who disperses in the later half. The other side is 4/5 remaining people who aren't healers.

We use a faster method to connect the circuit than what you are doing. The ranged that connect 1 & 2 simply "pivot" to connect the next link. 2 goes to 5, and 1 goes to 6, in your diagram. If you do this correctly, 1 can actually begin moving the instant 2 receives the lightning - you DO NOT need to stand in place in order to keep the lightning jumping from one place to another. Meanwhile, the melee use a roar for runspeed boost and go directly to the final circuit position.

If executed correctly, this results in an almost instant connection of the second half.

The best advice I can give you is that your raiders should NEVER be standing in place, waiting for a circuit to complete. You should be confident enough so that you begin moving the moment the lightning has jumped from you to your next partner. Minimizing contact time with lightning is key.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Our strat during lightning phase is all about speed, what the previous person above me said, and it's just that.

Once you get this down to a science and getting that muscle memory of where you need to be as the phase begins is very important. When the add is around 35% I'd suggest people who need to chain are running to where they need to be, and the people grouping up in the middle need to be there right as the add dies, not after. This minimized a considerable amount of time and healing and greatly reduces the strain on the healers. Have ranged sit to the spots nearest to the add when it dies so they can range it while they sit there if you want.

Once you go into (L) Phase after the add is dead begin the chain immediately and everyone should be where they should be to end the phase as quickly as possible. Once you know oyu're done with your section of the chain run and meet up in the center with the rest of the healers for sexy aoe heal time.

Your chaining time should last no more than 10 sec, exceeding this time frame and you risk the survivability with even 3 healing it. You really should be only 2 healing this, as the dps curve is pretty demanding, but it's possible to 3 heal it nonetheless.

If you're also having trouble in the Ice phase let me know, we have a different way of tackling that one as well.

NOTE: Pets NEED to be utilized accordingly, it can drastically reduce the amount of damage going out as well as completing the phase quicker.
    (DK's Ghoul, Warlock pets, Hunter pets, I'm not sure if Enh Shaman Wolves work try it if you can)