Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Granted, not that great. But I'm really not sure what company could pull off a single great Sandbox MMO.
    I'm sure they could, but Sandboxes may not be as profitable as "Themeparks".

One can always wish though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else wish people would stop trying to grasp at what Titan may or may not be until information is released?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blizzard say at their 2010 Blizzcon coverage that Titan would be an mmo that was based in a Post-apocalyptic setting? I cant find the source, its been a long time since
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blizzard say at their 2010 Blizzcon coverage that Titan would be an mmo that was based in a Post-apocalyptic setting? I cant find the source, its been a long time since
    I haven't seen anything about it.

I'm actually hoping it's a Sci-Fi MMO. SWTOR and BioWare is doing their best putting the name of a sci-fi MMORPG on the top shelves, and they have done a good job so far. I have high hopes for their future, but only time will tell.
    I hope Blizzard will start swinging for the sci-fi MMO genre aswell, since those MMOs have been littered with horrible after horrible after horrible iterations of great IPs, but none managed to deliver it. Maybe either BioWare or Blizzard will be the one to raise sci-fi from the ditch of "touch-and-your-game-will-die" and into the "holy-shit-sci-fi-actually-works-in-an-mmo-setting" seat.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    I am burnt out on fantasy mmos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. You want to see a Blizzard-designed fantasy MMO, it's right here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

They have never done a Sci-Fi MMORPG, nor have they done an MMOFPS. Titan might not even be an MMO. Take a look at SC2 and D3, they're not technically MMOs. Their next IP might be a completely different style of gaming. (I want to say MOBA, but they've already announced Blizzard DotA, so it's not that)

For all you can say about Blizzard, they don't let their products compete with each other, and they especially do their best to make sure the title is a #1 hit.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-01-19 at 02:47 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Titan might not even be an MMO.
    Titan =is= an MMO; for proof go to the recruitment page on the Blizzard website and look at all the jobs listed for "Next Generation MMORPG". Plus it has been confirmed by numerous blue posts. That is the grand total of all information available at this time though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW and titan will coexist. Which kills the chance of a fantasy MMORPG.

I'm thinking post-apocolyptic MMOFPS.

Also, WoW isn't old. It's just beginning Phase 2. And has 10 million players.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Oh this thread again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, did people just call BC casual? Don't talk about things you clearly never played.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm sorry, did people just call BC casual? Don't talk about things you clearly never played.
    It was the start of what everyone hates now. Welfare gear. Gear from badges. Gear from PvPing. It started the whole casual vs hardcore players. pre-BC, we were all just players.

bliz has been doing so much crap these last few years i'm not even hoping anything anymore coming from them until i actually see it.

titan? more of a myth/vaporware for now if anything.

I want steampunk MMO. please please please

Maybe some thing based off the leviathan books. Steam tech vs Bio tech

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its a car racing MMO, that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Some fantasy elements? Sure. But if you mean fantasy as in what 95% of all MMO's are...I really can't get interested in many more, they are all becoming the same damn thing, we need something new that isn't yet another take on Lord of the Rings. I really like fantasy but ATM, enough is enough. On the contrary, I'm not usually one for sci-fi, which would be the next likely candidate. Personally I'd prefer a modern-era MMO, set on this very Earth, with a backdrop of something other than zombies, nuclear warfare or an alien invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I hope its a car racing MMO, that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    Detroit city online /swoon

so...rehash wow but take out all the stuff they've done to try to improve it over the years?

no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Blegh. I've had enough of fantasy/fantasci.
    I would love luuuurve a near-future sci-fi mmo. Deus Ex/Neuromancer/Blade Runner style.

It's going to be a pseudo-modern MMO/MMOFPS with two different play styles catering to casuals (think Sims Social) and a more hardcore audience (TF2 meets Dust 514.)

Go ahead and quote me on it.