Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Ashamed Of Bioware Devs and Costumer service! See screenshots!

Patch 1.1 and now this poor and uneducated GM Support. (poor grammar and spelling)

This is not looking good for the company and I am actually giving it another thought if I should resub.

Part One http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/SgtOwen/LAC1.jpg

Part Two http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/SgtOwen/LAC2.jpg

Part Three http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/SgtOwen/LAC3.jpg

and last one Different GM

http://imgur.com/a/P7QFs

If they type outside of the scripted boxes, these GMs are proven to not be capable of speaking rudimentary English properly. Add on to that the fact that they clearly know nothing about the game they are a GM for. This is an absolute disgrace, and will cause Bioware a lot of problems keeping subscribers if you cannot get GMs who know *** is going on, and actually... you know... talk the language for the servers they are GMs of.
    Last edited by djprada; 2012-01-19 at 09:39 AM.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Disgraced is not the right word, you're probably looking for "ashamed". I don't know how a company would disgrace you, they're disgracing themselves.

Though I do somewhat agree with you. If today's patch doesn't fix certain issues (fps) I don't know if I want to continue.

Edit: Those screenshots are laughable. Where are they hiring their support staff from? More than laughable really... if those screenshots are legitimate, it is god damned pathetic.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-19 at 06:04 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, TOR has Costumer service? When the heck did they add costumes? I was already happy with orange gear...

News flash, pobody's nerfect. I've had Blizz GMs send me shoddy responses. IT HAPPENS, get over it, sheesh. There's also a good chance that they outsourced their GM service to, say, India or something. Not entirely uncommon (don't EVER try to talk to someone at Microsoft...).

If their GM's grammar is turning you off from the game, I think there are more, deep-seated issues at stake here.

EDIT: Those WERE hilarious reads, though. GM obviously had no bloody idea what he was doing lol.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-01-19 at 06:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Wait, TOR has Costumer service? When the heck did they add costumes? I was already happy with orange gear...

News flash, pobody's nerfect. I've had Blizz GMs send me shoddy responses. IT HAPPENS, get over it, sheesh. There's also a good chance that they outsourced their GM service to, say, India or something. Not entirely uncommon (don't EVER try to talk to someone at Microsoft...).

If their GM's grammar is turning you off from the game, I think there are more, deep-seated issues at stake here.
    It's not only that. It's a lack of professionalism with responses, with replies like "-_-" and the customer support not even understanding basic aspects of the game. What's the point of waiting a week for a ticket reply and you get someone like that?

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

EDIT: Those WERE hilarious reads, though. GM obviously had no bloody idea what he was doing lol.
    Totally a rational response to a legitimate concern. Insult them about their spelling of customer, tell them it's nothing to worry about and it's common practice, insult them about the CS grammar bothering them (after correcting their grammar).

Also, some of the best customer support I've gotten is from Xbox Live support. If they can't resolve an issue, they at least compensate you for it.

Meh, I put in a ticket asking why I can't use the Exotech Medpack Schematic that dropped, and they asked for more information including what Character it was on, the Characters Level, and Where the problem happened...

it happens everywhere! You just made a change to the schematic in 1.1 leading me to believe that the item is actually in the game. Mumble Mumble Fumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I've had nothing but bad experiences with the Customer Service for TOR. I hate saying that, it stings a little to do so, but it's the truth. I have only had one bad encounter with a GM in WoW and that was resolved immediately when I asked for a supervisor. Ragnarok Online is a dying game over 10 years old and their customer service is pretty great as well.

My honest opinion? I think the GM's have been working from home, if they can't get you a supervisor, or the GM's have been outsourced (which I am against). This is a full out disgrace, having proper customer service is probably the most important thing you can have when launching a new game.

He answered your question, and you still had to ask it 5 different ways... Nice job stretching out those screenshots as much as possible too (pics 2 and 3 have 2 or 3 extra shots for 1 or 2 new lines of chat). You even admit he can't help you, because its the dev job to fix bugs, not his...

And other then a typo and a missing word or 2, he typed english better then most.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-01-19 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear lord... Wow.

Interesting. What UI got from reading that is that it really appears they have farmed out CS to a firms whose employees do not understand the game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    You trolled that GM well. He answered your question, and you still had to ask it 5 different ways... Nice job stretching out those screenshots as much as possible too (pics 2 and 3 have 2 or 3 extra shots for 1 or 2 new lines of chat).

And other then a typo and a missing word or 2, he typed english better then most.
    That GM was avoiding questions and ignoring them. This guy was legitimately not trolling. If he wanted to speak to a supervisor NOW that person should have run and found one. That's how customer service works. On top of which, he probably screenshot extra things to catch words that were said over a period of time versus the quicker chatting in the beginning. If you think this GM typed better English than most ... I don't know the most you're talking about because literacy is probably the most important part of the job.

You trolled that GM well. He answered your question, and you still had to ask it 5 different ways... Nice job stretching out those screenshots as much as possible too (pics 2 and 3 have 2 or 3 extra shots for 1 or 2 new lines of chat). You even admit he can't help you, because its the dev job to fix bugs, not his...

I didnt know that you work for Bioware. Maybe you do their CS as well?

These screen shots are not mine by the way
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

He answered your question, and you still had to ask it 5 different ways... Nice job stretching out those screenshots as much as possible too (pics 2 and 3 have 2 or 3 extra shots for 1 or 2 new lines of chat). You even admit he can't help you, because its the dev job to fix bugs, not his...

No, the GM was an idiot who didn't even know what the player was talking about. Totally unhelpful, my blind grandmother would have given more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    That GM was avoiding questions and ignoring them. This guy was legitimately not trolling. If he wanted to speak to a supervisor NOW that person should have run and found one. That's how customer service works. On top of which, he probably screenshot extra things to catch words that were said over a period of time versus the quicker chatting in the beginning. If you think this GM typed better English than most ... I don't know the most you're talking about because literacy is probably the most important part of the job.
    How is a "supervisor is not avaibable" avoiding? He then asked the same question again, and again... And what was the supervisor going to tell him? "yes it is the dev job, not mine or the previous gms..."

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No, the GM was an idiot who didn't even know what the player was talking about. Totally unhelpful, my blind grandmother would have given more help.
    Clarifying which difficulty of the instance the op was refering is common GM practice...

What's the point of even having a customer support department if they can't even solve simple issues such as this. This example of such mediocre interactions between customer and a representative of the company is very demeaning and a blatant oversight on EA's part.

How is a "supervisor is not avaibable" avoiding? He then asked the same question again, and again... And what was the supervisor going to tell him? "yes it is the dev job, not mine or the previous gms..."

Clarifing which difficulty of the instance the op was refering is common GM practice...
    The GM wasn't even sure if it was a flashpoint or not.

I read somewhere that EA outsources customer support to India. I don't remember where I heard this and can't back it up with links.

10+ Year Old Account

Clarifing which difficulty of the instance the op was refering is common GM practice...
    The supervisor is ALWAYS available. That's how it is. There is ALWAYS a higher up available on the CS floors. Supervisor's aren't just one person hanging around per 50 people. There's a fairly good amount. Supervisors also have higher clearance and can provide better help or compensation than the current GM. That's why you ASK for supervisors if you run into a problem.

And WoW GM's do it differently? Last time I checked you cannot receive a piece of loot that should have been yours but you couldn't loot it in WoW.

Seems like someone needs to suck it up. Throughout that entire conversation you emphasize the fact that you can't do it again and that your misfortunes make it un-playable. A bug is a bug. No need to give a GM crap about it when (s)he cannot do anything about it.

I had a origin CS rep tell me that I couldn't play SWTOR because I HAD to use Origin to play the game. he asked his "supervisor" and I got the same result. I proceeded to mock them since I'd already played beta and gave them quotes from @Rockjaw saying Origin isn't needed, but still they didn't believe me.

EA/Bioware have terrible CS. They might as well have none.