Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People need to stop crying...

I don't know about anyone else but im sick of the "game is is 7 years old so it should (insert bull shit)" The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter how long the game was in development for there is always going to be a shit ton of bugs in an mmo at release because....

a) The only way to test the game is to have massive amounts of clients play it. Just because you beta test a couple days or have your devs play and test it doesnt mean you're going to run into the bugs other people will...

b) Most bugs do not happen to everyone, so they are harder to detect.

c) The game is 30+gb... that much coding is going to take a while to fix and repair major bugs.

d) Stop comparing this game to wow... when it comes down to it this isnt wow, this is swtor so if they decide to copy shit that makes wow players happy than so be it but do not bitch if they dont.

e) 99% of the issues bitched about are being fixed, Perhaps not right away because its taking alot of coding but give it time..

f) this game isnt just bioware its also EA... and im not sure about anyone else but every game i've ever play with EA has always been buggy as shit for the first few months after release. Not to mention bioware has never made an MMO before so this is a damn good attempt.

So my final point is just give it time and stop making copys of the same damn threads bitching about the same damn issues.

*Mod* I can appreciate our forum members being upset about the game, the people within the game, etc. However threads like this have a way of stirring up the hornets nest and I don't want to have to keep handing out the infractions the way I am. I will be closing this thread and future threads like this until people start settling down and we get back to being a forum community not just mindless trolls flaming away.
    - Culadin
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-19 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Mod Edit

The game is about 20gigs. And I always wonder about people who say "this isn't WoW", and I wonder if these people haven't hit endgame yet. Because all I see is WoW endgame. Rather disappointing.

People NEED to find things to bitch about.... nothing more nothing less

Deleted
    People will always cry, just like you are sort of crying. it is how it is

Deleted
    Welcome to MMOs. Also the game is basically WoW, due to them both using the same MMO model.

Someone linked this on another site which I found rather amusing.
    http://imgur.com/kmtcX

If you've played any other games though, you should know that no matter what people will whine about something.

Deleted
    Yeah, I know this might sound weak or stupid but... I just cant log in on SWTOR forum that much anymore, 10 threads everyday asking for biased polls if theyre gonna stick to the game, 20 threads saying that the game is broken because of the ability delay (its like theyre not gonna patch anything else for the rest of their lifes or something)

Its starting to piss me off, so wake-up threads like this one and heads up threads are much needed. Its like people that dont like it come here and tell the others that they should not like it instead of thinking alright, this is not what i wanted, and just uninstalling it. Drives me nuts.

Sorry for the rant

Watcho gonna do ? Are you seriously trying to be a morals preacher on an MMO forum? You seem upset to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The game is about 20gigs. And I always wonder about people who say "this isn't WoW", and I wonder if these people haven't hit endgame yet. Because all I see is WoW endgame. Rather disappointing.
    To be fair mate, you've stated a few times that you aren't interested in raiding.
    MMO-end game is invariably about raiding.

To it's credit, TOR has introduced some puzzle based end-game, in datacrons (and special hard-to-get crafting materials etc)
    I think we'd all like to see them continue on with this, and for them to make top-end crew skills really aspirational

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Welcome to MMOs. Also the game is basically WoW, due to them both using the same MMO model.

Someone linked this on another site which I found rather amusing.
    http://imgur.com/kmtcX

If you've played any other games though, you should know that no matter what people will whine about something.
    and wow is basically everquest, people said the same thing about wow when it came out about how it was just a copy of everquest, now look at wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    To be fair mate, you've stated a few times that you aren't interested in raiding.
    MMO-end game is invariably about raiding.

To it's credit, TOR has introduced some puzzle based end-game, in datacrons (and special hard-to-get crafting materials etc)
    I think we'd all like to see them continue on with this, and for them to make top-end crew skills really aspirational
    There are plenty MMOs without raiding. I guess I was just a fool to have thought TOR would try to break away, I should have known from the start it would just be another raiding-grind game. I'll take all this back though if they add other elements to endgame, and I'll be a happy camper once more.

10+ Year Old Account
    c) The game is 30+gb... that much coding is going to take a while to fix and repair major bugs.
    20, and over 90% of it are resource files, most of the coding is on the exe itself (and their servers), which is small.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

That's whyi say that SWToR is a wow clone. It's not about game mechanics, it's the game community that will make it the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    and wow is basically everquest, people said the same thing about wow when it came out about how it was just a copy of everquest, now look at wow
    That was kind of my point, although I did forget to put in a word there, so it makes it look as though I'm calling it a WoW clone, when infact it's not what I meant.

I meant since they both use the traditional MMO model, they're very alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald007 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but im sick of the "game is is 7 years old so it should (insert bull shit)" The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter how long the game was in development for there is always going to be a shit ton of bugs in an mmo at release because....

a) The only way to test the game is to have massive amounts of clients play it. Just because you beta test a couple days or have your devs play and test it doesnt mean you're going to run into the bugs other people will...

b) Most bugs do not happen to everyone, so they are harder to detect.

d) Stop comparing this game to wow... when it comes down to it this isnt wow, this is swtor so if they decide to copy shit that makes wow players happy than so be it but do not bitch if they dont.

e) 99% of the issues bitched about are being fixed, Perhaps not right away because its taking alot of coding but give it time..

f) this game isnt just bioware its also EA... and im not sure about anyone else but every game i've ever play with EA has always been buggy as shit for the first few months after release. Not to mention bioware has never made an MMO before so this is a damn good attempt.

So my final point is just give it time and stop making copys of the same damn threads bitching about the same damn issues.
    Where do I start. Well, I'm a developer, first off. (BFD I know....) But look. We have a process and a standard to development. Blizzard and other companies do this the right way. Bioware really fucked up their beta processes by a) not listening to feedback regarding exploits (all the exploits were found in beta), and b) continual wiping and not allowing pre-built toons at level 50 (not surprising that many of these exploits show up as people hit 50 - cause hey, they were not really tested). There are right and wrong ways to do huge products, and Bioware does it the wrong way, while Blizzard does it the right way. I'm far from a fanboy, i play TOR and not WoW. But you just have to look and how other major software houses do releases.

Look at Windows. You can download right now Windows 8. Anyone can. Open beta. It's not out yet, probably wont be out for 6 months. THis is to give the community time to test the product and create apps for the product. I'm not implying that shipping a OS is the same as shipping a AAA MMO, but I think clearly the signs point to Bioware not really testing their end-game content. On one hand, the intro/starter zones are really pretty bug free. On the other hand, there are quite a few gliches that just kinda show that the game isn't really ready yet. Graphics bugs, little things here and there. It could have really used another 3 months of beta with pre-built 50s available. That's all i'm saying.

Oh and the code base is not 20 gigs. It's probably...about 50 megs i'd say. Probably much less. Code files are just text files & then you compile it. You'll be surprised how small these things are. The rest of the stuff is voice/graphics. Size of the install folder != size of code.

There are plenty MMOs without raiding. I guess I was just a fool to have thought TOR would try to break away, I should have known from the start it would just be another raiding-grind game. I'll take all this back though if they add other elements to endgame, and I'll be a happy camper once more.
    What kind of end-game content would you like to see?
    (this is not a dig, I'm genuinely interested as to what other form of MMO end-game you can envisage)

Again, agreed.
    Adding more raids and flashpoints wont keep me playing.
    A nice couple of cantina 'mini games' and stuff like that might.

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    What kind of end-game content would you like to see?
    (this is not a dig, I'm genuinely interested as to what other form of MMO end-game you can envisage)
    I would like...

*Guild vs. Guild PvP. I used to play another MMO called Ragnarok Online, where there were maps filled with castles. 3-4 times a week for 2-3 hours, scheduled battles would be held, and guilds could fight over possession of these castles. You would get rewards for having these castles in your guild's possessions, access to dungeons that you would not have access to otherwise. This could be put in a Star Wars theme, where you board enemy guild ships and try to take it over.

*I would like to be able to design my ship's interior.

*I would like mini-games. Bioware has already shown they can do it with the space battles, what's stopping them from making a small SW card game?

*I'd like player created content. I'd want an event maybe once a week where you go on a scavenger hunt across all the worlds, or where players can put specific people on bounty boards and if you kill that person, you get the bounty reward. If they want to make a strong community this would be excellent.
    Zone control. Guild base control. Zone wars. Political/diplomacy features.
    Basically - I want anything that isn't raiding. I've been there and done that - I don't need another raiding game.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-19 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    There are plenty MMOs without raiding.
    Could you name a few perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCabazo View Post
    Could you name a few perhaps?
    I can think of one.. its old and still there... Runescape? unless things have changed in my absence

Deleted
    What's the point of making 'just another thread' about this..? Everything you've just said has already been posted/vented by someone.
    Making a thread shouldn't be a way to vent your frustrations in the first place..