Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP battles in Ilum - republic camping is EPIC

How are your experiences with the pvp in ilum since 1.1, now im not one to be intentionally trying to exploit the game or anything like that but i thought it was alot of fun and pretty epic being in the republic base with turrets one shotting people, others hiding ontop of the base and running around all over the place, consulars charging into our group and getting destroyed....was alot of fun and gave a very unique feel to the game, im loving the other parts - leveling / operations etc but open world pvp when theres more than a small skirmish feels EPIC..was awesome, hope theres more epic fights there.. what are your thoughts?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was awesome!!!!!

If it didn't spawncamp the other faction making them unable to even escape the zone, and if it didn't give crazy amounts of valor and if the numbers had been equal for both sides it would have been awesome.

Yeah I'm sure it's fun when all you have to do is herp derp around and watch your overly imbalanced faction population stomp on the few Republic who still haven't realized that Ilum is broken.

Watch it from our eyes:

Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What`s epic about 1-shotting other people when they don`t even have a chance to react or even escape?
    Also, you used the word "fight". Sorry, what fight?

Deleted
    It doesnt have to be fair to be fun, and the republic turrets were giving us a really hard time which was good.....we got inside the base then they fought us out after 10minutes, then we were stuck in the entrance to the base trying to push forward but couldnt, then we got back in...it felt as though the rep were giving as good as they were getting tbh.. ofc the valor gains etc are over the top...but this threads not about exploiting, its about how much fun open world pvp can be in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    It doesnt have to be fair to be fun, and the republic turrets were giving us a really hard time which was good.....we got inside the base then they fought us out after 10minutes, then we were stuck in the entrance to the base trying to push forward but couldnt, then we got back in...it felt as though the rep were giving as good as they were getting tbh.. ofc the valor gains etc are over the top...but this threads not about exploiting, its about how much fun open world pvp can be in this game
    It's not open world PvP, it's called genocide.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You`re missing the point. Where`s the "pvp" part? Where is the "fight" part? Spamming aoes on the respawn point, right.

This is what people who want "world pvp" are asking. Balls of players running into each other, where victory is dictated by the number of players on each side and where individual skill or technical performance don't have much impact on the outcome or rewards.

This is what vanilla Southshore was like. This is what AV 1.0 was like.

World PvP is to Arena/RBG what LFR is to heroic raiding. It's paradise for facerollers.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Deleted
    I have to agree theres very little skill involved and it is very unimportant to individually perform to influence the outcome of these fights......wz's and arena if they ever implement it is where you can have that.... im just talking about the feeling of being in a big war....it is a fight whether you like to say it is or isnt......even though your on probably 5fps and can get instagibbed by 30 people targetting you at once thats what makes it feel epic....wz's and arena feel alot different to assaulting the other faction base and overwhelming them - for whatever server imbalance blahdy blah reason it is... my point is its fun and will probably get alot of people who shy away from pvp into it

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    This is what people who want "world pvp" are asking. Balls of players running into each other, where victory is dictated by the number of players on each side and where individual skill or technical performance don't have much impact on the outcome or rewards.

This is what vanilla Southshore was like. This is what AV 1.0 was like.

World PvP is to Arena/RBG what LFR is to heroic raiding. It's paradise for facerollers.
    In a real war if 150 of you were assaulting the enemy do you really think 1 persons actions would dictate the outcome - doubt it.... but agree its facerolling and doesnt necessarily need skill, which are good things IMO, its a break from the norm

You're not on the Republic side. The fact that you cannot empathize with those who are on the other faction leads me to question your thought process. If you cannot see it is a broken system, then I don't know what to say.

Deleted
    Im Dark V, i have no remorse for last nights massacre sorry republic scum got what they deserved

Yep, just as I expected.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    my point is its fun
    Fun for you perhaps. I`m almost sure it`s not fun for the people on the other side who just press "Ress" and die again. And, as a bonus, they are stuck there for a long time without being able to do anything else on that character (unless they know the WZ trick and have luck with a fast queue).

"Oh, just got home, I`ll quickly finish the easy Ilum pvp daily and then go on a flashpoint with friends."
    (5 mins later)
    "I`m getting owned here guys, sorry, gonna try to port out"
    ???
    (1 hour later)
    "I can`t get out of this guys, sorry, going on an alt. Maybe we play tomorrow"

Very fun indeed.

PS: Not happened to me, I am lucky to play on a server where the empire didn`t form up (or I got a proper timing). Worst fight was 1v5, and then I promptly left the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You're not on the Republic side. The fact that you cannot empathize with those who are on the other faction leads me to question your thought process. If you cannot see it is a broken system, then I don't know what to say.
    You typed it before I did.

Here is to hoping for a valor rollback for imperials.

Deleted
    well it isnt fun if theyre getting spawn camped but thats not how it was like on my server, we were fighting against at least 50-70 republic and never got to a point where we were literally aoe'ing the spawn point, we were actually fighting, winning ground and losing it

Deleted
    well on my server, we made a massive raid group, and went to the middle and had like a 3hour battle with a republic raid group and it was epic, I hope they fix the spawn camping stuff so people can experience tht

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    well it isnt fun if theyre getting spawn camped but thats not how it was like on my server, we were fighting against at least 50-70 republic and never got to a point where we were literally aoe'ing the spawn point, we were actually fighting, winning ground and losing it
    Thread title says "Republic camping". Now they`re not being camped anymore... hmm...
    Whatever.

Deleted
    its a computer game, i bought it to have fun with, if a small part of my time spent on this game is enjoying outnumbering and massacring my ingame enemy so be it, who said war had to be totally fair.... its not about 'oh im so skillful i can zerg republic because theres 10 times more than us' ...its more look see them republic with the red bars above their head trying to kill us, lets get them... if i was republic id fight back, recruit friends to join the fight, make my character on a server with more republic - just deal with it without crying about it, theres almsot always going to be favourable odds for one faction - its a fact you gotta deal with and it aint my fault you wanted a blue lightsaber and chose the weaker side, population wise

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    Thread title says "Republic camping". Now they`re not being camped anymore... hmm...
    Whatever.
    camping in terms of camping out at their base, not spawn point, stop nit picking

Deleted
    They could used a solution similiar to WoWs, like a fixed amount of people on every Illum- instanceserver. Also to make Illum more dynamic, they could seperate the Illum objectives into five different conflicts. For example, Republic Base could be an imperial attack on a fortress where the attackers need to use levers to breach the defenses. Southern assault could be a conflict of resources. Warzones might come to mind so Illums gotta keep offering or at least attempt to offer epic 1vs1 battles as well as gigantic group battles with everything in between. Illum is world PVP, accessible to everyone. Nevertheless, the design of current Illum is horrible. It has to go.