Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Like I said in the orginal post - only some players are having this issue. And its not rumors. Bioware has confirmed this is happening.
    Yes, and in the first thread you linked there's also the solution that does not involve calling Bioware. But, again, you actually have to read past the first post.

Like I said in the orginal post - only some players are having this issue. And its not rumors. Bioware has confirmed this is happening.
    Show me where they acknowledged it. I see no Dev posting on the matter. If you're talking about the CS bot that said call if you're having trouble canceling, that is NOT acknowledging an issue with the website cancel process.

I'm guessing what happened is some raging player clicked on "Change Sub" and didn't see the cancel button there, jumped to conclusions, and everyone piled on. Kinda like the Valor/Turret thing yesterday. Just guessing.

I'd love to see a screenshot of the Sub page that has a missing cancel button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74 View Post
    What? You actually expect people to honestly look into and verify stuff instead of knee jerk posting? What kind of bizarro world do you live in? ;-)
    I could not agree more! This applies for almost all topics on forums.

"I heard a vague rumor. It must be true and I have to rally the troops. Rise conspiracy theorists, today we will destroy actual research, thought and logic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sounds like a website glitch to me, not really evidence of a conspiracy to prevent people from canceling their subscription. Perhaps they're going to institute a policy like WoW's year-long pledge in which you can't cancel and the script jumped the gun and preemptively removed the link, or maybe it's just a simple glitch in the site. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet as it doesn't appear that all of the facts are known.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

New low in MMO posting history!!!!!!!

People make up any old shit to bash a game , especially on these forums.
    There really is some sad sad fucks out there.

Deleted
    Lucky me that canceled my account yesterday then. Screw this game!

Deleted
    Well this is probably not some evil plan but another example of how terrible their website is.
    Not that I'm surprised since when I cancelled, the button was in german
    I had to guess it was the cancel button

Deleted
    so now that you guys are cancelling your swtor accounts does this mean you can go back to bashing wow? or you going to wait to complain about gw2

Since its been confirmed to be false by active players, can we get this troll thread removed?

Deleted
    How low can they go? I mean... first the ToS of Origin that were pretty fucked up and now this. Fail EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT : Double-post
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

New low in MMO history was reached today.

Alot of sources have now confirmed that the button to chancel the SWTOR sub has been removed from the account page for alot of players. This means that players that were gonna unsub before next month kicks in - can not do so atm.

This is happening at the same time as mass exodus is taking place now with the bad release of patch 1.1 and the pvp expoiding that happened for over 18 hours without BIoware taking any action against it.

Latest news regarding this is that Bioware claim this was an "accident" and players should just call in to chancel their sub instead. Intresting how a company tries to make it more difficult for ppl to stop the sub than to actually sub in the first place.

Bioware is the same company that claimed they were aiming to create new standards in quality of MMO services with the realease of SWTOR. I think we can safely say that this standard has now been reached with this "accident" like Bioware claim it is.

Players that are trying to unsub have found a way pass this now. Just add /cancel in your url bar and you can unsub without calling Bioware.

Few sources - including offical forums for this story

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=198479
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/6173252
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...-button-on-ToR
    Oh look, it's Deadanon again... master of the constructive post and totally not trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed since this is obviously false. Clarification: The conspiracy is false, not the bug.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-19 at 04:12 PM.