Deleted

Looking for good RPG games

Wanted to ask for PC RPG games recs. Played Skyrim after years of playing only WoW, liked it and decided I wanted to try out good games I've missed over the years.

If you know of a RPG that you liked, please post! =)

Deleted
    The Mass Effect series is often praised. I'm playing one. I like the story, but I don't like the combat system.
    Fallout series
    Baldur's gate series
    Diablo series (hack&slash)
    Cthulhu saves the world
    The Witcher series is apparently very good, but I haven't played it yet

Try some SNES games. I know you said PC RPG games but, if you use an emulator they become a computer game :P

I'd recommend Chrono Trigger with a great story. I also recommend The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (awesome game) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (one of the best games I have ever played).

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Try some SNES games. I know you said PC RPG games but, if you use an emulator they become a computer game :P

I'd recommend Chrono Trigger with a great story. I also recommend The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (awesome game) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (one of the best games I have ever played).
    >.> It is often said that the Zelda games (Besides Zelda II) are not RPGs but are action games. Mainly due to the fact that they don't really offer a leveling system, and that there is a lack of variance in re-plays, except maybe that you might get that extra bottle that you missed last time.

Anyway OT: NeverWinter Nights was a good one, I especially enjoyed the 3rd Expansion pack.. Dungeon Siege 2 was good, but I never played 1 or 3. if you like Baldur's Gate there is also the Icewind Dale games, which are very similar but insanely hard at times.

Otherwise you have alot of great RPGs from the SNES/PSX/PS2 era if you can get ahold of them or are willing to emulate them (legally of course!). One day I will get around to finishing FF12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

15+ Year Old Account
    You basically can't go wrong with anything BioWare made.

The Witcher series is also excellent. Best choices in any game I've played so far. If you can pick them up cheap, I suggest Fable. Not fantastic games, but entertaining enough to warrant a buy if they're on some deal.

If you're more of an Action-Adventure type I'd say go for Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    champions of norrath is ok just really really hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Best RPG i know is for SNES Secret of Mana. it has everything: touching Storylines, unique Characterdesign, awesome Musik, challenging bossfights...
    If you played that and liked it play Seiken Desetsu3 wich is Secret of mana 2. Its harder than the first one but awesome too.

If you like a "real" RPG (Skyrim isnt a real RPG if you are correct, more like a Actiongame with PRG Elements) play the Might and Magic Games (not the Heros of) starting with the 6th Part. All of them are cool. Crap Graphic but who cares if the rest is nice. M&M 9 has dump Story but you can play it aswell for me part 6+8 are the best.

Dont confound it with the Heros of M&M or Dark Messiah (Wich would be M&M10)

Might and magic 7 and 8 were great games. Spellforce 2 was one of the funnest rpg/rts games as well. If you like skyrim you might want to try oblivion, morrowind, and even daggerfall. Alot of people on this forum mention the Baldurs Gate series, very fun as well. Dragon age 1 and 2 also a must. If you want space age stuff try Mass Effect. Also Final fantasy 7 and 8 are great (you can get these for the computer), if you can find a ps2 emulator play the chrono series.

Try Oblivion (Skyrim's prequel) not as good as Skyrim IMO but has lost of fun in still
    Dragon Age is a good series to try out
    Kotor (not Kotor 2 that was shit)
    FF7 an FF8 Both are the only Final Fantasy's that ever got a PC port as far as I know and are two of the best in the franchise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasilnik View Post
    If you know of a RPG that you liked, please post! =)
    Both of the Knights Of The Old Republic games from Bioware. In fact, you are pretty safe with anything from Bioware as being well worth playing.

Deleted
    Risen
    Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (feels more like hack'n'slash sometimes, but still my surprise of the 2010)

some older stuff:
    Gothic 2:Gold Edition
    Neverwinter Nights 1

Deleted
    Baldur's Gate 2 is the best and purest RPG ever. Planescape Torment has the best story and feeling to it. Fallout 2 is the most fun and lulzy. Just my 2c.

Torchlight kept me going for a bit, its an ARPG a bit like Diablo and that isometric view. If you into these kind try it out its pretty cool.

Heres a few more:

Neverwinter Nights 2 with Mask of the Betrayer. Mask of the Betrayer probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played.
    Arcanum. From the creators of the original Fallout. Very good game but a bit dated so YMMV.
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Also from the creators of the original Fallout. The game can be a bit glitchy at times but one of the best FPS RPG's I've played.
    System Shock 2. Old game and the predessor to Bioshock. IMO superior because of superior RPG elements.
    Deus Ex. Also old game. Arguably the best FP RPG ever created.

Secret of Mana, hells ya or seventh saga (replay with different companions value)

If you liked Skyrim, you should play the earlier games in the series. Oblivion was a bit meh, but Morrowind was very good.

I found the Lunar series to be pretty good, you might like it too. Lunar: Silver Star Story & Lunar: Eternal Blue.

kingdoms of amalur was fun atleast the demo if ur willing to wait 2 weeks