View Poll Results: Was the moderator biased in closing the thread?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 42.11%
  • NO

11 57.89%

SWToR MMO mods on defensive too? This thread did not deserve a ban!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-sub-continue

This thread was banned for no reason. the moderator said

" Please stop with these threads. We don't need to hear that you are quitting because the game sucks, bugs exist in MMOs, the GTN has a terrible interface, etc. No one cares. Quit. Find something you enjoy playing. Stop posting telling everyone that you are quitting. Literally no one cares except others who are looking to fuel the fires of theri "SWTOR sucks" mantra. Just stop playing, stop posting about it on forums, and find something you enjoy playing more. Stop making threads asking if people are staying or quitting. We don't need this nonsense on top of the other nonsense posted around here. If you want to quit just do it. No one is going to fault you for quitting something you don't like. "

This is fanboy talk, not Mod talk.

Ps: dear Mod, your job is to be objective and unbiased, I hope your position is reconsidered seeing as how you are not capable of either.

To the Mod: Please list the forum rules and guidelines this thread broke instead of your biased fanboy opinion.

Boub or whoever please take action against this very biased mod. This is not right, there was hardly any personal flaming and no bad language used by anyone.

I will gladly accept a perm ban from MMo champ if they allow such mods to frolick around their personal opinions instead of respecting the forum discussion, even when it is carried out in a proper manner.

Putting poll up if the mod crossed the line.
    Last edited by igame; 2012-01-19 at 12:53 PM.

Dude you need to stop posting. I'm sorry all your WoW friends left for SWTOR and now you're lonely and bitter but we don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way it's SW:TOR, not SW:ToR.

I'm getting a bit tired of these flamebait posts. This is why the SW:TOR forums on MMO-C will never work. Too much mud throwing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkman View Post
    Dude you need to stop posting. I'm sorry all your WoW friends left for SWTOR and now you're lonely and bitter but we don't care.
    I am never going back to wow mate but that was a good discussion put off by a fanboy mod. No one made inflamatory posts, everyone discussed their own opinions. There was no reason to close it except that the mod was biased.

of course the moderator is biased, this is the SWTOR section of the forums, you're not allowed bad criticism here, like any of the other games. check the other sections, for rift and gw2, any thread saying stuff like "i quit" or "this games sucks" gets closed off

each section is devoted towards discussion between mmo-c members who play and enjoy the game, not just to post their opinion

even thought I think that if threads with people bashing the game are closed, the threads with people praising the game should be closed too, it's all opinions, which are not a good foundation for a healthy discussion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-sub-continue

This thread was banned for no reason. the moderator said

" Please stop with these threads. We don't need to hear that you are quitting because the game sucks, bugs exist in MMOs, the GTN has a terrible interface, etc. No one cares. Quit. Find something you enjoy playing. Stop posting telling everyone that you are quitting. Literally no one cares except others who are looking to fuel the fires of theri "SWTOR sucks" mantra. Just stop playing, stop posting about it on forums, and find something you enjoy playing more. Stop making threads asking if people are staying or quitting. We don't need this nonsense on top of the other nonsense posted around here. If you want to quit just do it. No one is going to fault you for quitting something you don't like. "

This is fanboy talk, not Mod talk.

Ps: dear Mod, your job is to be objective and unbiased, I hope your position is reconsidered seeing as how you are not capable of either.

To the Mod: Please list the forum rules and guidelines this thread broke instead of your biased fanboy opinion.

Boub or whoever please take action against this very biased mod. This is not right, there was hardly any personal flaming and no bad language used by anyone.

I will gladly accept a perm ban from MMo champ if they allow such mods to frolick around their personal opinions instead of respecting the forum discussion, even when it is carried out in a proper manner.

Putting poll up if the mod crossed the line.
    you quit the game, you are no longer a customer, why do you expect a nice response?

I stopped drinking coke, it gives me a bad stomach, i dont go around telling everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: OP finds out moderators are people.

So a "Will you continue playing swtor thread" turned into a "omg this game sucks because ____" and a mod closed it...

and you are upset because the mod is "biased"??? (in semi-sticking up for swtor)

Did I miss anything else?

So you would have rather the thread continue with more people saying all the reasons they are going to quit and how the game sucks?

Doesn't that make you a bit biased..?

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    you quit the game, you are no longer a customer, why do you expect a nice response?
    Because these are open forums - YOu do not need to be a "custimor" of a game to post here. Its free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    of course the moderator is biased, this is the SWTOR section of the forums, you're not allowed bad criticism here, like any of the other games. check the other sections, for rift and gw2, any thread saying stuff like "i quit" or "this games sucks" gets closed off

each section is devoted towards discussion between mmo-c members who play and enjoy the game, not just to post their opinion

even thought I think that if threads with people bashing the game are closed, the threads with people praising the game should be closed too, it's all opinions, which are not a good foundation for a healthy discussion
    But I did not bash the game! All I did was highlight the issues everyone knows exist and asked a simple question, will you continue your sub. My poll had honest and proper options that we not biased in any way.
    Only thing that was biased was the mod.

The difference is that people bashing the game are almost always saying that every single aspect of the game is shit, reference WoW and offer no potential discussion, whereas the people praising it usually offer a little more in the way of conversation.

And the mod was right. I couldn't care less if you're quitting. If you posted a well thought out summary of the flaws you felt the game had, and allowed for discussion, I might care slightly more. But you didn't. And I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    I agree with Conscript, I couldn't care less if you quit. Considering this board is literally full of WoW fanboys flaming how X or Y sucks it's about time the mods stepped in and stopped people filling the board with very flammable topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Mods of these websites are usually in the fanboyish catagory and will be defending their game to the death. Personally I know of quite a few cases where mods are posting as users as well and bashing ppl that are pointing out issues with their beloved game. Its easy to create fake IP number so this is hard to find out.

Im not saying this is happening at MMO-champion. But I have noticed quite a few posters only beeing online as at the same time as certain mods are. Could be a total coinsident and Im in no way claiming that MMO-Champion mods are doing this. But I have seen this before on other less professinal sites and hope MMO-champion is aware of this and it could be happening.
    For me, all what I have to do is restart my modem

The moderator is obviously wrong. I at least care about reading why people are quitting SW:TOR, and I'm not SW:TOR hater, quite the opposite, I'm looking for a new MMO to play and I'm considering SW:TOR. But then again, mmo-champion moderation is done by volunteers, and you get the kind of quality you pay for.

I'm pretty sure the mods know the rules a lot better than you, and making a thread to discuss the locking of a thread while bashing the moderator for locking it is going to do nothing other than get you in further trouble.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have an issue with moderation on this board, contact Boubouille or Sunshine.

Criticisms of games are certainly allowed as long as they can be don in a civil manner. This is often not the case, which results in closed threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    The WoW sections do not allow "I'm quitting" threads, why would the SWTOR section? That thread was created with no other intention than for the OP to complain about the game like he does in every single other post he makes, but this time with a poll! There are a number of reasons to be absolutely pissed off at Bioware for the way the game launched, but there is a proper place to put that stuff, the SWTOR forums. Let them know you are quitting, not the MMO-C community. This forum is here for the discussion of the game, the good and the bad parts. If this forum was biased against all negative content there wouldn't be several multi-page threads on the first two pages about how people are having horrible fps issues constantly, the game runs like crap on certain setups, etc. Constructive criticism is more than welcome and will never be controlled. But when a thread starts off with "I'm quitting, here is why this game sucks" and it is the exact same stuff you post in every thread then you continue to back it up with false and misleading information, like the Bioware locking out cancel subs even though a work around was found for people with that issues, you should expect it to be closed. "Are you quitting?" threads result in one outcome on these forums just like they do on the WoW forums. Group A says "No this game is awesome" Group B says "Yes this game is freaking horrible" then Group A says B is a moron, B says A is a bunch of white knights ignoring bugs, and on and on.

Also, don't discuss moderator action on the forums please.