Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    And what about nerfed changes are allowing them to play now opposed to their situation before?
    Not play, it allows hem to succeed. Hey, some people like the easy crossword puzzles some go for the hard. The more I see what video games have become from when I was a kid - everything is about punching in a code to have everything unlocked right off the bat. Never actually playing the game that was designed, just tearing it apart and then in 10 hours saying... wow that was lame i've done everything in the game already. And now, what seemed like the last bastion of difficult video gaming (wow, mmo raiding) is going 'if you can't beatem joinem'.

  2. #122
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Guys, guys, guys... this is Blizzard's game, not yours. Either get off your high horses, or leave without making a parade of it; nothing would warrant one anyway.

  3. #123
    Er... with the normal time frame, 10 h/week is enough to complete all heroic content. I can't see how that's no-lifer. I would call it having a hobby, and as with every hobby, enjoying a little effort. If I didn't play I would probably play other games or watch series, not be partying in a yatch in wednesday nights. The problem as always is not that other people get to complete it. It's that you run out of content faster, while there was already a couple of difficulties more aimed at having a proper difficulty for everyone. The complain resides there, unless the "big" announcement about MoP tomorrow is a sooner-than-intended date, it's what will happen. Yes, optional, blabla, but part of the fun is competing with the local guilds of your server. There goes that.

    Although, this time they do have done it much better than with FL. A 5% nerf is a rather minor nerf. Far much better than the "here, do 6/7 HC in an afternoon and run out of content for the next two months". We had 6/7 at that point, but luckily we could chew on a pretty satisfying ragnaros the rest of the patch, and by the time we killed it 4.3 was around the corner. Don't know if we will be as lucky this time, seeing that this time the big boss depends that much on gear and health nerfs, and we are already at it.

    Yes, ragnaros got easier with health nerfs and gear, but it still had myriad of mechanics that made the encounter hard, opposed to spine.
    Last edited by Espada; 2012-01-19 at 07:48 PM.

  4. #124
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,537
    I lol'ed when I read that, simply because Blizzard has opposed that argument since like... forever. Oh Blizzard... you remind me of fanboys, only that this is for your own game.

    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Guys, guys, guys... this is Blizzard's game, not yours. Either get off your high horses, or leave without making a parade of it; nothing would warrant one anyway.
    The whole ''this is Blizzard's game, they can do with it what they want'' argument is as dumb as the one in the OP. Sure, they can, but that doesn't mean that we have to like it, if we were blind followers, well hell would know where Blizzard could take this. It is a fact that more and more people decline WoW, especially with MoP upcoming and the giant Dragon Soul flop. Yes, it's Blizzard's game, not ours, but without us they'd be nothing, a think they should learn sooner or later.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2012-01-19 at 07:52 PM.

  5. #125
    Granted the argument is stupid but what's really dumb is the fact that you didn't read the part that says you can decide NOT to use the aspects' nerf bat effect.......so who cares honestly? If you want it to be harder, play it that way.

  6. #126
    Mechagnome Jeffyjimbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The inside world.
    Posts
    697
    Optional 5% nerf =/= giving things away.

    I'm pretty sure before the next major patch comes, we still wont break 10% of active raiders 8/8'ing HMs. I think I read only 4% of raiders cleared 100% T11 and T12 when it was current content, WITH the nerfs. 96% STILL didn't clear every boss, they're not giving things away. Far from it really.

  7. #127
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    In bold for you. This argument has done more to destroy the culture of mmorpgs than any lack luster content patch ever has (IMO). Incredible, there is no faster way to kill a game than to give everything away. It's hard to believe the "I pay 15$ a month! I want to "see" everthing!" argument has officially won.
    Why should someone not get full access to a game they have payed full price for?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,507
    awww does the special snowflake want to feel specail and laugh at all the "noobs" that are not 8/8hm? plz.....the worst argument is

    "if blizz did this the game would be the best ever"
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  9. #129
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,851
    Hey everyone i pay 15 a month so i can sit in a pixel city showing off my new mount, "HEY HANG ON A SECOND" i see other people with the same mount OMG i thought i was the only one, fuck u blizzard.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  10. #130
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    what makes me laugh is this
    10 man raid, 1 guy complaining, "i pay $15 a month, my argument matters."
    9 other people $135 a month - your argument is invalid.

    just something funny I read on my guild forums, it kind of fits with this topic.

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    I think you're missing the point somewhat, even if the OP isn't very clear. People were happy to play for hours on end, even if they weren't top tier people because the thought of reaching the top is always there. The way they've channelled everything into making it incredibly easy to reach the goal of raiding kind of defeats the idea of a subscription model, you can get away with seeing maybe 10% of wow's content before killing DW, in vanilla you would have seen closer to 80% before killing rag.

    An average wow player could start a character and kill DW within a month now even with a fulltime job, which is fine and dandy but they're going to hemmorage subs once they realise the people who pay regular subs are the people who play for the journey rather than the end goal, and there is fuck all journey left to be had any more.
    The turn of the buff?
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  12. #132
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    I think you're missing the point somewhat, even if the OP isn't very clear. People were happy to play for hours on end, even if they weren't top tier people because the thought of reaching the top is always there. The way they've channelled everything into making it incredibly easy to reach the goal of raiding kind of defeats the idea of a subscription model, you can get away with seeing maybe 10% of wow's content before killing DW, in vanilla you would have seen closer to 80% before killing rag.

    An average wow player could start a character and kill DW within a month now even with a fulltime job, which is fine and dandy but they're going to hemmorage subs once they realise the people who pay regular subs are the people who play for the journey rather than the end goal, and there is fuck all journey left to be had any more.
    Considering leveling was about 75% of the content in classic, that isn't really saying much
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  13. #133
    Brewmaster Murderdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Schedule preventing them from normal raiding times, off the top of my head.
    So you are entitled to complete heroic modes because you paid your 15 dollars?

    Raiding Normal Modes requires sweet fuck all time. Every raid this expac could be completed easily in one night with a 3 hour sitting. If you cant put that much time in, I dont know why youre subbing...

    Its really about time Blizzard just sent us in game mail every time we paid your fee filled with epics.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2012-01-19 at 08:23 PM.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Democracy is something that caters to all the people someway. When it only caters to a majority over the minority which is deprived of everything, it's called tyranny of majority.
    while i dont care to participate in this argument for the most part, i have to correct this individual, Democracy is majority rules, not everyone wins, even if 49% of the people come out feeling screwed its still democracy.


    Also, i feel like i should say that while i am only 7/8 normal i do not support these nerfs, i know im not hard core quality, i mess up and so what right do i have to say "i pay 15$ so i should be able to kill everything". i know the people 8/8 HC are fing awesome, and i respect that. i have a full time job and a gf to spend time with, but i still make time to raid 9 hours a week, that's my prerogative, if you dont want to set the time aside to raid, YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO SAY I STILL WANNA KILL IT!!! make the time or play something else and stop complaining.
    Last edited by dimitri2007; 2012-01-19 at 08:26 PM.

  15. #135
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    Someone said it takes a month to get to kill dw? because new players start off with boa gear right? try leveling from 1-85 with no boa, and do it in a month while working a full time job, good luck sir.

  16. #136
    mmos are all about how much time you can commit to them, if you cant commit i dont see why you claim the right to all these things. yes that sucks for people with a "life" but life cant be all roses and peaches

  17. #137
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    I agree with OP.

    What Blizz /should/ do, to fit in with Lore and to make it a proper MMO, is after the World First kills a boss - that boss is dead. At that point no-one else can fight/kill/loot that boss. Stop catering to all these casuals.

    EDIT: Let trash respawn - that way people can still farm RFC for xp.
    Nerd Preaching Against Casuals:
    Blizzard designs a business model to comply with the wishes of 5,000 people (hard-core e-dragon slayers) who will continue to subscribe indefinitely while 9,995,000 cancel their subscriptions due to lack of growth of the casual player base. World of Warcraft fails. The end.

    Reality:
    Blizzard designs a business model that allows every player, whether they be a hard-core nerd or an adult who casually wishes to "kill" pixels for 2 hours every other day, to access content. Blizzard keeps 10,000,000 active subscriptions and continues to prosper.

    You, sir, just got logic'd. This topic is far beyond having any real sense of discussion. People who think they're baws-hog clearing 7/7 H or 7/8 H think they're entitled to being the only ones doing so through means of pressing buttons better. Logically and realistically, $15 is $15 and one persons $15 is entitled to the same thing as another persons $15. It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the fuck up.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I lol'ed when I read that, simply because Blizzard has opposed that argument since like... forever. Oh Blizzard... you remind me of fanboys, only that this is for your own game.



    The whole ''this is Blizzard's game, they can do with it what they want'' argument is as dumb as the one in the OP. Sure, they can, but that doesn't mean that we have to like it, if we were blind followers, well hell would know where Blizzard could take this. It is a fact that more and more people decline WoW, especially with MoP upcoming and the giant Dragon Soul flop. Yes, it's Blizzard's game, not ours, but without us they'd be nothing, a think they should learn sooner or later.
    "Us". "Ours". "We". These are all terms which presumably encapsulate both myself and you, so they don't apply in this case. Without "us", the Grand Us, that includes everyone, yes, Blizzard would be nothing. Without you, they can manage, somehow.

  19. #139
    Dumb argument for me are the fallowing.
    "Omg nerf, just feed items to the casuals"

    People demanding harder modes is fine for me yeah i understand people want more challenges but im sure the people who whine about the game being too
    easy would also be the first ones to whine when they cant down a boss for like 3 months if the game was harder " omg so hard, omg its bugged, impossible to do this"

    Blizzard makes the game for everyone not just the elitists and casuals.
    The elitists rush through hardmodes like there is no tomorrow and whine about it when they finish it within the week it came out.
    Take it easy maybe? To me some people take it way too serious and want to be special with their kills in raids.

    If the pvers are complaning about having to farm the same hm's over and over again should maybe also focus on the pvp aspect of this game?

    just my 2cents

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Yes, it's Blizzard's game, not ours, but without us they'd be nothing, a think they should learn sooner or later.
    Which is exactly why they're catering towards the majority here. They're much better off losing the few people who are like "But why should the CASUALS get to see MY content?" rather than losing the bunches of 'casuals' who got bored with the game because they couldn't raid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •