Poll: Will you play F2P aion?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I'll definitely try it. It looked good when it was all hyped up, I didn't really get into it though aside from looking at some videos. I'll definitely try it, it's free.

I'm kind of in agreement with this. I mean he's right, when a game goes F2P it's usually because it isn't that good. I'm kind of worried about GW2 in this sense, but we'll have to see how it is.
    I agree with this logic completely.

The ONLY exception would be TF2, but I'm pretty sure that had been on the cards since the very notion of item drops was introduced. There suddenly became too many items for people to acquire via lengthy processes that making it premium just wouldn't have been a viable option.

Sword and Panties MMOs are not really my thing. :P

I loved Aion when I first played it, but I couldn't pay for both Aion and WoW, play both, and focus on school. And with as much time and money as I've devoted to WoW my Aion account had to end. With it going F2P I might look into it again now that I have a lot more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    So you are already saying that GW2 won't be worth playing?
    =/=

What he said was not indicative as to his choice on GW2. Maybe he would pay for GW2 if it had a subscription.

There's bad people in jail.
    Not all people in jail are bad.

I'm not going to play it, I played it on my friends account and it was just another stupid grind like everquest. I played EQ for five years, if I wanted to grind for hours on end I would go play EQ again.

Deleted
    Aion is the mmorpg besides wow where I've actually played more than 5 levels I'll definitely give it a shot again

I might re-install it. It was a very pretty game, but tended to get bogged down with grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    So you are already saying that GW2 won't be worth playing?
    No, it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    No, it won't.
    I'm sure you're the expert on that, maybe you should be playing in the closed beta instead of me? I bet you would make an awesome review of all of the craptacular stuff in the game. /end sarcasm

Lineage II went f2p too :O
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olala View Post
    @Synthaxx - this is offtopic, great pic. I like rusty spoons as well

On topic
    I'll download it and give it a shot when it's F2P. It reminds me of the MMO's that i played for free before I played WoW years ago

Also, where's the link announcing it'll be F2P? I took a quick glance at their website and found nothing
    Here is one http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/ taken from their website news

Just so people are aware --- Aion Europe is going F2P, NOT Aion North America.

I might play it once in awhile. I liked it when it first came out, although the later levels suffered from the typical woes of Korean game translations. Although these articles only mention EU, not NA.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Just so people are aware --- Aion Europe is going F2P, NOT Aion North America.
    Well then I guess I'll be playing L2 while I wait for D3!
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

I might do it just for kicks. I got stuck on "the grind" around level 25 back in the day when I got the game on Day 1. Would be interesting to see if they un-Asian'd the game: "the grind" is something us impatient ADD Westerners can't do

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually was considering it for a while anyways,

I hated the game because I was a WoW fanboy back then, but now my eyes have been opened for other games besides WoW

Deleted
    I see now even the game client will be free, so not even have to pay for box =) then it's defenitely worth play =) I checked out free trial today and it was ok, felt a bit grindy. But for free, and with relaxed time, why not... while waiting for gw 2 (which might be the plan)

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    I might do it just for kicks. I got stuck on "the grind" around level 25 back in the day when I got the game on Day 1. Would be interesting to see if they un-Asian'd the game: "the grind" is something us impatient ADD Westerners can't do
    They've added in hundreds of quests since launch and the "grind" is pretty much gone. I played a bit after patch 2.6 and the leveling felt MUCH smoother. If the game had launched in that state I think it would have done far better, the game has had a ton of improvements.