View Poll Results: a nice guy or a jerk?

Voters
223. This poll is closed
  • Nice guy

112 50.22%
  • Jerk

111 49.78%
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If one person does this it's np's but if everyone starts doing it it makes the looting in LFR even worse so I wouldn't do it again tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boerner View Post
    Jerk cause u wanna play God and fulfill justice in ur opinion.
    This opinion has been stated a million times in the thread and has been countered. Read some of the thread and expand on your opinion please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerk.

If you have it, or don't need it, don't roll on it. It's that simple.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    So earlier today i did my weekly LFR. I was just going through the loot drops in Atlasloot, i didnt need anything from LFR but id still like to see what drops from what. Thats when i remembered a few post here on mmo-champ about how some ppl roll on loot that they dont need and just leave and dont take it if they win or try to sell it to his fellow raiders. So for the 8 bosses of DS i rolled on everything i could equip and when i won the item i checked who rolled 2nd to me and checked his gear. If he really needed the item i traded it to him, free and without any charges. From all these people i got a smiley and a thanks and that made me feel good about myself.

But now to the question: In your eyes is this kinda of a jerk move or a work of a nice guy?

It is a totally awesome move, and something I wish more people did to be honest. Every single piece that drops for the most part people will roll need even if they already have it, you checked the 2nd roll, if he needed it you gave it, if not you skipped to 3rd roll if he needed it and kudos to you for helping out with Blizzard's shortcoming.

Every single time someone calls out in Raid "(Player) won that and he already has it QQ QQ" the same guy QQing DEFINATELY rolled on something he had before if not every single opportunity.

To this day I still roll on everything I can, I have been very successful at trading said items for items I actually need. If I could not trade I would usually give "MY" piece that "I WON" away to whoever "I" thought deserved the "Gift" I was giving them. Fast forward to present time:

Last week, a Warlock that had cunning of the cruel trinket already won it and DE'd right in front of all of us, many QQ'd, I didn't, BUT from that point forward when I win something and no one can trade me something for it I just vendor it, and that's how people made me.
    Last edited by maxalyss; 2012-01-30 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Jerk.

If you have it, or don't need it, don't roll on it. It's that simple.
    No it's not. Otherwise there wouldn't be 26 pages of this thread. Please elaborate on your opinion, you're not really bringing anything to the table. What you have said has been said a thousand times and has been argued against.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    This. I enjoy discussions of morals/ethics most of all around here. They provide discussion, so long as people don't get hostile and name-call.
    I think the reason why so many people resort to it is because it is SO frustrating when after 26 pages of debate, there are still 6 people a page that simply don't read the OP, see that someone is needing on loot and giving it away without reading the thread or the specifics, and automatically say jerk. And almost always because of the reasoning "don't play loot god" or something along those lines.

The way I see it, the nice guy side has provided a fact that nobody on the jerk side has been able to counter.

The fact that nobody is hurt in the way the OP does this except for the ninja's/vendorers/de'ers,etc. I don't feel like going into detail yet again as to why, so people can just read the thread. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Does anyone have anything (keep in mind, must be factual) to counter this?
    Last edited by pakoa; 2012-01-30 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    snipped
    There is no such fact that the OP is not hurting anyone. There are plenty of people who simply leave after losing a roll before anyone's had the chance to inspect them and the other people who rolled and decide if the next in line should really be the next in line. I'm pretty sure if people keep this up and many more join in, there will be an increasing number of people who will get screwed over by such self-proclaimed heroes.

Meddling is never a good thing. If you are going to do something like this, at least have the decency to inform everyone in raid about it prior to engaging a boss. I'm sure people who agree with your philosophy will gladly stay in the raid, and roll on everything themselves as well as to ensure a very fair distribution of loot. But give the others a chance to leave before you make their decisions for them. You will find that people who didn't ask for help, won't always appreciate someone forcing "help" on them.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

So earlier today i did my weekly LFR. I was just going through the loot drops in Atlasloot, i didnt need anything from LFR but id still like to see what drops from what. Thats when i remembered a few post here on mmo-champ about how some ppl roll on loot that they dont need and just leave and dont take it if they win or try to sell it to his fellow raiders. So for the 8 bosses of DS i rolled on everything i could equip and when i won the item i checked who rolled 2nd to me and checked his gear. If he really needed the item i traded it to him, free and without any charges. From all these people i got a smiley and a thanks and that made me feel good about myself.

But now to the question: In your eyes is this kinda of a jerk move or a work of a nice guy?
    Definitely fine with me. I've done the same thing b4. ROBIN HOOD!

Regardless of who replies to me bashing this next statement, they are just bitter players with no class.

Needing and winning loot (and not even taking it) just to keep others who need it from getting it for any reason other than because the other person was trolling and failing on purpose is just pathetic.

Lets make this really simple. Even with the best of intentions, what happens when someone leaves after they realize they lost? If the OP didnt need for no reason, then that person who was second in line wouldve won, but instead he left and got nothing. Too bad for him I guess right? The OP meant well, so its acceptable to screw a few people over.

What if the OP reads the rolls wrong or misses a roll and accidentally gives the loot the wrong person? Dont tell me that never happens, it happens all the time with a master looter making an honest mistake and not seeing all the rolls. So again, too bad for that guy I guess right? Both of those situations the people who shouldve won got screwed by the OP's "Good intentions," but its just collateral damage right?

I mean I guess its okay to screw over a handful of people when you appoint yourself the unofficial master looter, as long as you meant well.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Definitely fine with me. I've done the same thing b4. ROBIN HOOD!

Regardless of who replies to me bashing this next statement, they are just bitter players with no class.

Needing and winning loot (and not even taking it) just to keep others who need it from getting it for any reason other than because the other person was trolling and failing on purpose is just pathetic.
    Really? So someone who sees abusing the system as wrong, despite their intentions, means they have no class? Get a clue.
    Last edited by Profish13; 2012-01-31 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    Lets make this really simple. Even with the best of intentions, what happens when someone leaves after they realize they lost? If the OP didnt need for no reason, then that person who was second in line wouldve won, but instead he left and got nothing. Too bad for him I guess right? The OP meant well, so its acceptable to screw a few people over.

What if the OP reads the rolls wrong or misses a roll and accidentally gives the loot the wrong person? Dont tell me that never happens, it happens all the time with a master looter making an honest mistake and not seeing all the rolls. So again, too bad for that guy I guess right? Both of those situations the people who shouldve won got screwed by the OP's "Good intentions," but its just collateral damage right?

I mean I guess its okay to screw over a handful of people when you appoint yourself the unofficial master looter, as long as you meant well.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 06:52 PM ----------

Really? So someone who sees abusing the system as wrong, despite their intentions, means they have no class? Get a clue.
    Ive yet to encounter a player that did not stay to at least check who got the item and if that guy was really in need of it. That imo give plenty of time to at least /w the guy. So i have not "screwed" anyone over yet.

I dont read the rolls wrong mate, im surprised that anyone does. Its all basics you know, going from the top nr to the lowest nr isnt THAT hard you know. So again, no one got "screwed" over.

I am not appointing myself to anything, in a simple way you might say that i need only to pass it. And again i have not screwed anyone over, because i dont miss a roll of 90...

Please don't insult anyone by claiming you are unable to make a mistake. You seem to be certain you are absolutely in the right. Can you consider for a moment that all the people that are opposing you might also have a valid point? Even if you don't agree with it, it doesn't mean you can just dismiss everyone else's point of view as flawed. You don't really sound like a nice guy to be quite honest.
    Last edited by Revan Bane; 2012-01-31 at 02:02 AM.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Ive yet to encounter a player that did not stay to at least check who got the item and if that guy was really in need of it. That imo give plenty of time to at least /w the guy. So i have not "screwed" anyone over yet.

I dont read the rolls wrong mate, im surprised that anyone does. Its all basics you know, going from the top nr to the lowest nr isnt THAT hard you know. So again, no one got "screwed" over.

I am not appointing myself to anything, in a simple way you might say that i need only to pass it. And again i have not screwed anyone over, because i dont miss a roll of 90...
    You most certainly can and eventually will make a mistake. Tickets used to be put in to GMs all the time to move loot around because of a master looter's mistakes. Youre just human like the rest of us and humans make mistakes. The idea of even one honest person getting screwed because of an error on your part just doesnt sit well with me.

As far as sticking around after looting, I check my bag to see if I won it or not. If I didnt, assuming its the last boss, I leave. Im not one of those people who inspects everyone else because I rather save myself aggravation by not seeing the guy who beat me already has that exact item. I doubt Im a special case, in the majority of LFR's Ive done, I see the group fall apart nearly instantly after the rolls are over.
    Last edited by Profish13; 2012-01-31 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    If you hadn't rolled it'd still go to the person who rolled second highest, all you're doing is wasting your own time.

Unless of course, you decide for whatever reason the person who rolled second highest doesn't "deserve" the item, then I suppose you're attempt to appeal as a white knight for whoever rolled third highest.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 01:45 AM ----------

That hunter is naked because someone keeps rolling on his gear and giving it to the geared people who are pulling more.
    No he was naked because he wanted to afk and auto attack the bosses and get loot without doing anything (and yes, that actually happened in an lfr i was in). IDC who it is, i WILL roll for the items he needs on and give it to people who actually worked for them.

Honestly, i dont do it to get praise from anyone. I could care less if the people dieing to ice walls or doing 15k HPS on ultraxion think im a jerk, i will know that the loot went to someone usefull and thats all that matters. I would rather be be labeled an ass then watch a piece of tier or other loot go to someone like that hunter.

In my oppinion, its the best thing people can do. Fight the system and take matters into your own hands. If RNG tends to favor the shittiest players in the instance, roll on the item even if you have 5 of them so you can give it away to better players who deserve it way more.

Needing on items you already have and disenchanting them or vendoring IS a being a dick, and i dont do that. But there are those kinds of people too...and they fall into the same category as the naked hunter...need items to get loot away from people like that so it gets into the hands of people who performed well.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

You know what. I was kind of in 2 minds on this subject. When I 1st saw the thread and read it I thought, definitely a jerk move. Even though the OP had given the item to the next best person, I thought of it as still a bit of a shady move. What about the others who had also pulled their weight and lost out to someone who might or might not have been the most busy?

Now that I have had time to think about it, it's not that bad a move. Considering how many bads actually run the LFR, one would think that even though one did not win the item that one wanted, the item did not fall into the hands of a bad. If the RLM (Rogue Loot Master) did not roll on the item and the bad won the item, isn't this much worse than what would have happened had the RLM rolled for the item? This HAS to be taken into account because had the bad won the item then... no one would benefit. Period.

It's a pretty grey area yes, but me myself am 100% positive that at least the item went to someone who would make use of whatever they won, rather than someone who potentially could be rolling need on an item they will either vendor or use improperly (Sloppy gemming/chanting etc)
    Last edited by Greendog; 2012-01-31 at 08:04 AM.

If someone leaves right after not getting loot and just ninja quits, I don't want them to have loot anyway. It's there fault not mine that they're a ninja logger who is the type of person, when I pug DS normal mode, to rage quit after 3 wipes and to only be a greedy asshole and not finish out the raid. Flame me for this, idc.

And yeah, like Seegtease, I can look at rolls. I'm not an idiot. Sorry if other people are. Get a loot addon if you are so inclined to make these mistakes.

Do you honestly think that even if people do occasionally make these mistakes, that it is somehow WORSE then letting assholes get away with needing and vendoring loot? Your argument has been reduced to "what if"s which can be applied to ANY situation. I don't care what can happen, I care what does happen.

And the fact of the matter is, people do need on anything they can get their hands on. I'm being someone who's not a jerk, and instead of vendoring or trading or de'ing the gear that I RIGHTFULLY WON, I'm giving it to people who deserve it - and not even in a subjective manner because that's wrong to decide who deserves loot based on your pre conceived ideas of who needs and doesn't need loot.

LFR is so broken and messed up that one more jerk won't make a difference.

No, someone who sees punishing others just because they get a kick out of it or because they don't feel others deserve the loot has no class.