View Poll Results: a nice guy or a jerk?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nice guy

    112 50.22%
  • Jerk

    111 49.78%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41

  2. #42
    The Patient masterdisaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    293
    Completely a nice guy thing, I don't see how someone could say its a jerk move. People who roll to sell or trade for something else are in the wrong and he is doing more to fix it then anyone else. He isn't giving it out for a profit for himself or at random, he is giving it to the real winner who actually needs it not some douche who is gonna trade or sell it.

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire Rilec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    365
    If you rolled on it, you won the item in a fair roll with equal chances to win. If you decide to give your winnings to someone else you deem is worthy, it is entirely your right to do so. Anyone saying anything else is incorrect.

    Seriously people, it's not as if he's guaranteed the item every roll. Everyone had a fair shot at the item, and even with people doing this, players who need the item are getting it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Arrogant dick move. If you don't want the gear, don't roll on it. It is irrelevent how well you think someone is doing in a raid. It will never make them more deserving of gear than someone else.
    I do almost the same thing as the OP. It is not irrelevant how well he/I think someone is doing in raid. Here is a great way to tell it's relevent.

    Did he/I win the loot? Yes
    Is this loot now his/mine? Yes
    Can he/I do whatever the fuck we want with said loot? Yes

    If I feel as though one raider did better then another and they both need it for an upgrade, the better player will win it. In his/my eyes they are more deserving, whether you think that is true or not is really the only irrelevant thing.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    If you rolled on it, you won the item in a fair roll with equal chances to win. If you decide to give your winnings to someone else you deem is worthy, it is entirely your right to do so. Anyone saying anything else is incorrect.

    Seriously people, it's not as if he's guaranteed the item every roll. Everyone had a fair shot at the item, and even with people doing this, players who need the item are getting it.
    But you just don't understand!
    It's okay to need on items even though you have NO use for it what so ever. It's actually best if everyone did this. Because everyone killed the boss and all should have a chance of winning items, right? Right?
    But if you pass your item on to someone else? Then damn you to hell!
    /Sarcasm

  6. #46
    The Patient masterdisaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    He actually does make a decision. He decides (after he is lucky enough to win a piece of gear he himself does not need) who gets it. How is that not making a decision? Are you simply acting like a retard to provoke a response? What if the person who's rolling on a pair of tier shoulders has a similar pair of 384's, but needs the tier for his four piece? Know what? Fuck it. Doesn't even deserve a logical response. The very fact that he is rolling on gear he intends to give away is a decision. The act of then judging if people actually "need it" for an upgrade is also a decision. Please contemplate further what the word "decision" actually means before you decide to post. Or did you not decide to do that either? Thanks.
    You come off as a very angry person. Its kinda funny you say the OP made a dick move and proceed to come off as a total dick yourself, but thats not really the point. You are right, he is making a decision. However you are also wrong, the system is not best left alone. Anything people can do to improve it themselves like the OP should do so.

  7. #47
    considering that a friend of mine lost the mace off of deathwing last night to someone doing the exact same thing as you, I count that as a very thoughtless and power-hungry move.

    (person who rolled need already had mace equipped)

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Seems fine with me, A nice guy. It's your choice what to do with the loot you've won. By all means if you wish to give it to someone that you think is performing more then others. Then by all means go for it.

  9. #49
    Nice guy. To me it seems you keep the "I'm gonna roll on this gear to disenchant it" guy away from the loot which is a good thing.

  10. #50
    However you are also wrong, the system is not best left alone. Anything people can do to improve it themselves like the OP should do so.
    You assume that the other 9/10ths of people in raid were in agreement with his idea. Considering that it's in essence stealing loot from the highest roller who may or may not have a use for it, it's not a "fix" for the system.

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    -snip- nonsensical bullshit -snip-

    And of course getting a 4 set bonus is an upgrade to not having it. But if the 2nd highest roller had a 397 item it would most likely not be an upgrade.
    And there's no need to go around calling other people a retard, mkay?
    He decides if he thinks it's an upgrade (aka if the person "deserves" it). If he doesn't feel that piece of gear is an upgrade for the second place roll, he skips on to third place. That's difficult to understand, mkay. roflcopter

    What if the second highest roll is wearing 397 but needs the 384 for his four piece, which is absolutely an upgrade? What if he's only wearing two tier pieces because it's not a dps increase until he swaps to four piece? How would the op know he needed them for four piece? What if he's purposely wearing shitty shoulders with the intent of giving them to his buddy he q'd with? What if he has heroic shoulders in his bags but is pretending it's an upgrade just so he can de it later? What if, what if, what if?

    Case in point (here it is, mkay) - why are people fucking around with a system and playing god when they don't have all the details? Why are people self-righteously taking it upon themselves to judge who gets the piece of gear and who doesn't? Let rolls be rolls. If someone gets screwed over, someone gets screwed over. Let it be. Don't trot around like a saint after you have decided for 24 other people who deserves what.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-01-19 at 10:45 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    You assume that the other 9/10ths of people in raid were in agreement with his idea. Considering that it's in essence stealing loot from the highest roller who may or may not have a use for it, it's not a "fix" for the system.
    He won the loot, he was the highest roller.

    I dont think he assumed the other people in the raid were in agreement. He probably, just like me, couldn't give a rats ass what the other people think or agree to.

  13. #53
    The Patient masterdisaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    You assume that the other 9/10ths of people in raid were in agreement with his idea. Considering that it's in essence stealing loot from the highest roller who may or may not have a use for it, it's not a "fix" for the system.
    What? Id also like to address your first point. If your friend lost the mace to someone doing exactly what the op is doing, then your friend was either not the next highest roll, or already had the mace, which makes your argument invalid. And he is not stealing the loot from the highest roller who may or may not have a use for it, seeing as how he IS the highest roller who may or may not have a use for it.

  14. #54
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Seems fine with me, A nice guy. It's your choice what to do with the loot you've won. By all means if you wish to give it to someone that you think is performing more then others. Then by all means go for it.
    That's not what he said though, he said he checked if the second highest roll needed it and then gave it to them or someone else. In most cases they probably did so his roll is a bit of an irrelevance as they would have won it if it wasn't for him playing god anyway. To me this just seems like he wanted a pat on the back and a kiss on the arse. "I just won you this item, thank me later!"

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    Its very, very arrogant and loot godish, however you look at it.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

  16. #56
    High Overlord Celar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    186
    Definitively not a jerk like all the ignorant people are saying :P You are giving it to whoever rolls 2nd (or 3rd if 2nd is rolling but doesen't need it)
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

  17. #57
    right, he won the loot that he has no use for over someone who may have a use for it. Then he decided who would get it based on incomplete information. So... in answer to the original question, no that was not nice, it was mean even if it wasn't meanspirited.

  18. #58
    He's not being a jerk but hes not really a nice guy either. Basically what he is doing is trying to prevent people from getting loot they dont need who possibly wanted to sell or trade it or vendor it because they can. If he wins and the 2nd best roller can use the item, he give it to him. If he doesnt roll, that guy wins the roll and gets the item anyway. In this situation he just makes himself feel good because he thinks he is giving someone loot even though they would have won it anyway if he didnt roll. If the next best roller was needing to trade it for something else or to try to sell it(they already had the item or better) then he prevented a jerk/griefer from getting the item.

    This wouldnt be an issue if people did not roll need on items they cant/wont use themselves. Winning an item you already have ub order to get something for it is a jerk move and just because you can roll on something doesnt mean you should.

  19. #59
    master- my friend went afk after he rolled because he had to use the bathroom, so he wasn't there when the priest was giving the mace away. No he didn't have the mace, and the highest roller (who won and gave away) had the mace which means he had no in-game use for it.

  20. #60
    The Patient masterdisaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    He decides if he thinks it's an upgrade (aka if the person "deserves" it). If he doesn't feel that piece of gear is an upgrade for the second place roll, he skips on to third place. That's difficult to understand, mkay. roflcopter

    What if the second highest roll is wearing 397 but needs the 384 for his four piece, which is absolutely an upgrade? What if he's only wearing two tier pieces because it's not a dps increase until he swaps to four piece? How would the op know he needed them for four piece? What if he's purposely wearing shitty shoulders with the intent of giving them to his buddy he q'd with? What if he has heroic shoulders in his bags but is pretending it's an upgrade just so he can de it later? What if, what if, what if?

    Case in point (here it is, mkay) - why are people fucking around with a system and playing god when they don't have all the details? Why are people self-righteously taking it upon themselves to judge who gets the piece of gear and who doesn't? Let rolls be rolls. If someone gets screwed over, someone gets screwed over. Let it be. Don't trot around like a saint after you have decided for 24 other people who deserves what.
    Further proving my point, really shouldn't edit peoples quotes like that. And in all of your scenarios you fail to make a point. If you need it for a four piece you could say that, and thus receive the item in question. And in the event he accidentally gives them to someone wearing shit gear to pass to a friend, that person must have rolled second highest and therefore would have won the gear anyways.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 10:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    master- my friend went afk after he rolled because he had to use the bathroom, so he wasn't there when the priest was giving the mace away. No he didn't have the mace, and the highest roller (who won and gave away) had the mace which means he had no in-game use for it.
    That didn't answer my question, was he the second highest roll? Also him going afk during loot really undermines your argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •