View Poll Results: a nice guy or a jerk?

Voters
223. This poll is closed
  • Nice guy

112 50.22%
  • Jerk

111 49.78%
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldn't call him a bad guy, since just by being there and working for the kill, he deserves to roll need on whatever he's allowed to. Though, I don't think what he's doing deserves a Nobel Peace Prize either.

Nice guy. All the people saying stuff like "its not your decision to make" maybe not, but you seem to be making better decisions than blizzard most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    I think it's a good thing to do...... They needed only to vendor it.
    Exactly. The world, and LFR even more so, are full of jerks who have no problem screwing someone over just because they can.

If you roll need on something you don't need and plan to give it away, just follow these steps.....

The person you are giving it to:

1) Can use it.
    2) Actually put in some effort on the fight (someone making a simple mistake is not enough to punish them - I'm talking just auto attacking or afk the whole fight)
    3) Rolled high (go down the list in order of high rolls - don't pick a favorite person or give it to the next highest dps)

.....and there really is no problem in playing "gatekeeper" for gear.

Seriously.... I'm sick of seeing afkers and Boomkins winning the staff on Madness over other hunters and ferals (cat or bear)
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2012-01-19 at 09:48 PM.

Both! But it surely was a happy ending! *dancing on a field with flowers in your hair*
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

I do the same thing, I roll on loot and give it to anyone in the raid that needs it so long as they pulled their weight.

If I win tier legs and there is a druid/dk/mage that want them I look at their gear and their damage done for a fight. The best one wins.

To the people that are about to come on here and say who are you to decide who gets the loot and and it's not my decision to make, I honestly Dont care what you think.

My care went out the window after the 12000000 time some douche shit bag damage dealer pulling 15k dps won everything while those pulling their weight get shit on.
    Last edited by Therdin; 2012-01-19 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    I do the same thing, I roll on loot and give it to anyone in the raid that needs it so long as they pulled their weight.

If I win tier legs and there is a druid/dk/mage that want them I look at their gear and their damage done for a fight. The best one wins.

To the people that are about to come on here and say who are you to decide who gets the loot and and it's not my decision to make, I honestly Dont care what you think.
    Don't give it to the best dps.... Give it to the next highest roller who can use it and who actually put in some effort.

Meh, the road to hell is paved with good intentions... and tbh in this case I think that can really be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Don't give it to the best dps.... Give it to the next highest roller who can use it and who actually put in some effort.
    I didn't say the best dps (think you mean top dps?) I said I look at their gear and the damage done and whoever is doing the damage they should gets the loot I won.

Doesn't matter if you need the gear or not. By contributing to the kill you earned the right to roll on the item, you did not cheat anyone out of their roll. You merely used the right you had to roll, which is the same as they were doing. By then passing it onto another member you are giving up the loot your rightfully won to someone else without having to. I say, nice guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    He doesn't "Decide" anything. 5 people roll:
    A: 10
    B: 24
    C: 58
    D: 68
    C: 98 <-- OP
    Is it an upgrade for D? If no, check C. If still no, check B, if still no, check A. If still no, keep it.
    Give the item to the highest letter where it's an upgrade.
    He actually does make a decision. He decides (after he is lucky enough to win a piece of gear he himself does not need) who gets it. How is that not making a decision? Are you simply acting like a retard to provoke a response? What if the person who's rolling on a pair of tier shoulders has a similar pair of 384's, but needs the tier for his four piece? Know what? Fuck it. Doesn't even deserve a logical response. The very fact that he is rolling on gear he intends to give away is a decision. The act of then judging if people actually "need it" for an upgrade is also a decision. Please contemplate further what the word "decision" actually means before you decide to post. Or did you not decide to do that either? Thanks.

<Infracted - Your post would have been just fine without the "acting like a retard" part. You're obviously capable of getting a point across without insults, so just skip out on using the insults altogether. ~ Aciaedius>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-01-29 at 02:34 PM.

If you're gonna do that I would say give it to the player that contributed the most to the run that rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougleton View Post
    I say hang em by the balls.
    ROFL this made me laugh

@OP not nice, but then when i think about it, it was nice....so confused right now
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're neither, Your just doing what the loot distribution should be like in the first place!

Your ensuring that a item goes to someone who it would actually be an upgrade for. Provided they were 2,3,4,5,etc. in the order they roll. And if that's not your intentions, well you won the roll.
    Survival is Key

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    He actually does make a decision. He decides (after he is lucky enough to win a piece of gear he himself does not need) who gets it. How is that not making a decision? Are you simply acting like a retard to provoke a response? What if the person who's rolling on a pair of tier shoulders has a similar pair of 384's, but needs the tier for his four piece? Know what? Fuck it. Doesn't even deserve a logical response. The very fact that he is rolling on gear he intends to give away is a decision. The act of then judging if people actually "need it" for an upgrade is also a decision. Please contemplate further what the word "decision" actually means before you decide to post. Or did you not decide to do that either? Thanks.
    But he doesn't make any other decision than than picking the 2nd highest roll.
    From the same example. Let's say Player A through D can use the item.
    If OP rolled D would get the item.
    If OP didn't roll, D would still get the item.
    Please explain what decision he made. Other than decided to roll?

And of course getting a 4 set bonus is an upgrade to not having it. But if the 2nd highest roller had a 397 item it would most likely not be an upgrade.
    And there's no need to go around calling other people a retard, mkay?

Deleted
    Arrogant dick move. If you don't want the gear, don't roll on it. It is irrelevent how well you think someone is doing in a raid. It will never make them more deserving of gear than someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Arrogant dick move. If you don't want the gear, don't roll on it. It is irrelevent how well you think someone is doing in a raid. It will never make them more deserving of gear than someone else.
    So it's better that some full 397 geared player wins an item that he clearly has no use for what so ever, than OP wins it and gives it to (Once again) the 2nd highest roller that can use it?

Personally I prefer this to:

*dk wins teir chest* /raid will trade chest for helm token <---- I see this at least once or twice every week
    I've seen trinkets won by people who already had, weapons ppl already had. Ive seen ppl win a token, have no one to trade with, and vendor it. Ive personally lost a trinket to someone that already had it and only wanted to trade, then vendored.
    Honestly its the ppl that vendor that are the most insulting. There was a guy on these forums that straight up admitted to rolling need on gear to "pay for repairs," like wtf.

Personally, I think blizzard needs to make LFR items (except for one-handed weapons) Unique.
    Not Unique-equipped but Unique like the holiday items. If you already own it, you cant have another one. May not stop vendors and tier token thefts, but it sure is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Nynax; 2012-01-19 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

my vote: nice guy

id say its the right thing to do. ill explain why. say 5 people roll, those 5 people could be comprised of said combinations.

1. they are all nice, and all need gear.
    2. they are all nice but dont need gear (wonder why they rolled then).
    3. they are all jerks but need gear.
    4. they are all jerks but dont need gear.
    5. there are some nice people and some jerks, but all need gear
    6. there are some nice people and some jerks, but not all need gear.

the roll generator has no idea what scenario the rollers are from. the roll generator doesnt know who pulled his weight, whos looting for personal gain (selling in this case) or whos looting for gearing up or just being a douche and numerous other scenarios. what you basically did is take out the random (in case u won of course) then objectively saw out of the 5 rollers who needed it most and gave it to them. you rewarded their work or in this case you helped them in their need.

this would be equal to basically a gm watching over every raid. when loot drops he decided who needs it/or deserves it most and handing it to them.

so yea basically you did a good thing. glad people like you still play the game. keep at it!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

IDK man it seems like a dooshbag move to play loot god. I mean thats great that you gave it to other people without selling but the fact that we have to praise you from not being a bigger jerk is kinda sad and telling. Also not cool for you to decide if someone is more "needing" of an item. DId you check if it was an alt or a main? If they do reg/heroic ds? Ya know what as im typing this I'm100% sure your a jerk that got power hungry.