Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone else find the Witch Doctor disturbing?

I just watched the poison dart video on the Diablo fans front page. I'm beginning to have doubts on whether I want to purchase this game or not, it was all a bit too Serpent and the Rainbow which is great if you like that sort of thing, I found my self thinking what kind of people would want experience that level of darkness? I think I'm getting old.

First people call Diablo 3 "land of rainbows" and now this? Make your mind.

The game is called DIABLO. It means DEVIL.

If the game is too dark for you, you should have stopped at the door

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not real.

did you not read the part where they mention that all this is datamined and none of the animations are perfect and most likely not what you'll be seeing on release?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I found my self thinking what kind of people would want experience that level of darkness? I think I'm getting old.
    me, most of my friends

I just watched the poison dart video on the Diablo fans front page. I'm beginning to have doubts on whether I want to purchase this game or not, it was all a bit too Serpent and the Rainbow which is great if you like that sort of thing, I found my self thinking what kind of people would want experience that level of darkness? I think I'm getting old.
    You aren't "getting old" the serie is not for you.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

For what its worth its just a video game

I love the darkness to be honest...it's what makes the game as awesome as it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo does dark like no other. Witch Dr being incredibly dark is one of the reasons why i'll be playing it.

Wait whats so bad about the poison dart video? Nothing that disturbing was in it....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, I don't see what's really dark. Can you link the video you found disturbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

15+ Year Old Account
    I just found the current graphics for the "snake" rune for poison dart disturbingly funny
    *shoots snakes* Diabblo: ARGH, SNAKES IN MY FACE!!"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Witch Doctor is just plain amazing, now that i got over the fact there won't be a Necro i'm loving it more and more.

Btw, you probably haven't played the first 2 diablos if you find this disturbing :/. Diablo is a Dark Fantasy game, there's bound to be some dark stuff.

Voodoo/Conradian "heart of darkness" type evil IS too much!

But I'm good with Apocalyptic demon possession and mutilation with a side of "angelic" subjugation and genocide.

Seriously, though, this is a game that follows comforting black and white concepts of mythical heroes vs monsters found in all great pantheons. Keep the real world out of it and you'll be fine...that it could be so easy to define good and evil in the real world, dark or not.
    Last edited by Raizuda; 2012-01-20 at 05:33 AM.

I find your lack of darkness disturbing!
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Deleted
    I found it kinda amusing to be honest If you find it disturbing, a series about demons is probably not your type of game. I love the dark fantasy feeling myself... although, snakes to the face is more funny than anything.

Can I get a link to this video? Because I don't feel like Diablo is dark enough. Having played both Diablo 1 and 2, and the Diablo 3 Beta..D3 is definitely brighter and more cartoony than past Diablo's.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-01-22 at 03:38 PM.