Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im still trying to figure out what the big golden bull is for, why late teen and early twenties men are called elders but women no mater what age are sisters, why the old marriage ceremony was like Fight Club, you never talk about Fight Club, and lets not forget baptisms for the dead...lets get a group of teenage members together on Friday nights and dunk them in water and all of a sudden 1000 dead non Mormons are baptized.

Im thinking Romney doesnt stand a snowballs chance in Satans ass of winning anything.

I was in Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago.

The are quietly very fucking excited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn View Post
    I don't have anything against the people of the church (obviously), I just disagree with a lot of their policies and teachings.

Their whole "baptise your dead ancestors" deal creeps me the hell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Their whole "baptise your dead ancestors" deal creeps me the hell out.
    one should not be able to baptise nor circumcise people without their expressed consent

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurthewise View Post
    Im thinking Romney doesnt stand a snowballs chance in Satans ass of winning anything.
    No matter how much they say otherwise, the GOP does not want Romney as his nominee because he's a Mormon. Gingrich, for all the hype and bluster, simply has too much baggage for the moderate GOP and Independent voters to go anywhere near him. Neither candidate has a real shot of ousting the incumbent Obama, unfortunately. This election is shaping up to be similar to the 2004 election between Bush and Kerry. The citizens will be, as so eloquently put in South Park, "stuck choosing between a Giant Douche and a Shit Sandwich."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negrido View Post
    The reason you cant let it go is because these people claim to be moral. They claim to get these morals from an absolute authority. They get away with as much as they are allowed to, and only change under stress or in reaction to a threat.
    You have to dredge things like this up to show the lack of morality in these organizations.
    Mormons follow the law of the land and so thats the main reason there stance changed, nothing else has changed in mormon gospel, i wish i could say that for other christion religions that now allow gay marriages and I won't even go into how dodgy catholic history is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    The main Christian Church is probably Catholicism, they got the pope, and all the apostles and all that junk
    Its just one of many splinter groups. There is no main christian church. There are sects that are more well known than others, or more prominent. But that doesn't give them any more authority in matters magical and imagined.

The shia fightt he sunnie and the catholics fight the protestants because each views itself as the true or "main" face of the religion. And we all know how bloody that mess gets.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Main Christian Church? What's that?
    It'd be either protestant or catholic, most likely protestant. Though it's all the same shit just different smell.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    i don't really care about the religion of a president as long as it doesn't interfere with their ability to effectively run the country.
    religion gets blown way out of proportion and has little actual significance on a persons ability to govern
    Oh really? Try being an atheist and run for president.
    Ofcourse it interfers. It interfers tremendously the worse they get. George W Bush said that Jesus talked to him and helped him make decisions about the Iraq war. That's DEFINETLY interfering.

Deleted
    But that doesn't give them any more authority in matters magical and imagined.
    And by what divine/un-divine authority other than your personal opinion can you make such statements?

Tbh i'm not really interested, jsut making a point; you sound like someone who has had a few bad experiences with religion, though i'm sure your not the only one

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    i don't really care about the religion of a president as long as it doesn't interfere with their ability to effectively run the country.
    religion gets blown way out of proportion and has little actual significance on a persons ability to govern
    I completely agree with that. I really don't think that religion has any bearing nor should it, other than on the obvious topics like abortion, etc.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurthewise View Post
    Im still trying to figure out what the big golden bull is for, why late teen and early twenties men are called elders but women no mater what age are sisters, why the old marriage ceremony was like Fight Club, you never talk about Fight Club, and lets not forget baptisms for the dead...lets get a group of teenage members together on Friday nights and dunk them in water and all of a sudden 1000 dead non Mormons are baptized.

The world hopes for Ron Paul. Seriously. Everyone I know that cares about the US elections says Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
    And by what divine/un-divine authority other than your personal opinion can you make such statements?
    I don't need any authority to make any statement. But I can assure you that anyone claiming divine authority should not be trusted.
    If you're wondering why I make that sort of assertion. It would be because they magical ramblings of religion are entirely detached from reality. Completely 100% not demonstrable.
    Teapot. Invisible dragon in the garage. Invisible pink unicorn. Choose whichever example you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    He's a mormon without an M.
    He is a oron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The world hopes for Ron Paul. Seriously.
    It would take an act of god......wait a second
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I completely agree with that. I really don't think that religion has any bearing nor should it, other than on the obvious topics like abortion, etc.
    It's very naive to think that it doesn't matter. Maybe it doesn't matter on someones ability to lead, but it does matter, without a shadow of a doubt, on their opinions and what kind of politics someone would advocate.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 12:55 AM ----------

Its just one of many splinter groups. There is no main christian church. There are sects that are more well known than others, or more prominent. But that doesn't give them any more authority in matters magical and imagined.
    The Pope disagree's with your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my good friend's is a Mormon. He's just like all of us. Got into the same things, drinking, trying to get laid, playing video games, partying, and all that. The only difference was that when he got home, he would stay up about an hour or two and cleanse his Facebook wall, and wake up early just to make sure nothing else creeped in that could get him disowned.

Mormons follow the law of the land and so thats the main reason there stance changed, nothing else has changed in mormon gospel
    And the teachings about Blacks being the descendents of Cain? Or that those of darker skin experience skin lightening when they properly follow church doctrine (casting away their sin, etc etc)?

The world hopes for Ron Paul. Seriously. Everyone I know that cares about the US elections says Ron Paul.
    Don't get your hopes up. The left won't vote for him because he thinks abortion regulation should be up to the states, and a newsletter that he set up a few decades ago posted some racist screeds. The right won't vote for him because he wants to cut back on defense spending (also a reason the left won't vote for him, I suppose), and he won't sign on to some of the moral pledges the right likes to require of its candidates.

Well I'm Mormon, but I seem to remember seeing those adds before the GOP race and all that. Personally, I'm voting for Ron Paul, but Mitt is my second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The Pope disagree's with your statement.
    Of course he does, he is the one with the "authority".
    All of us can say that we have divine warrant, but very few of us have amazingly absurd hats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev yn View Post
    And the teachings about Blacks being the descendents of Cain? Or that those of darker skin experience skin lightening when they properly follow church doctrine (casting away their sin, etc etc)?
    I suppose you heard this kinda stuff from Stevegasm's good friend? This did make me chuckle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    One of my good friend's is a Mormon. He's just like all of us. Got into the same things, drinking, trying to get laid, playing video games, partying, and all that. The only difference was that when he got home, he would stay up about an hour or two and cleanse his Facebook wall, and wake up early just to make sure nothing else creeped in that could get him disowned.
    Well, to be honest, he's a pretenda-mormon then. Like all half Christians that bring it up when they want to feel superior but don't believe or have total faith. THIS is what gives Christians a bad name.

I'm a Christian, not mormon, and I grew up in Utah. Lived in Salt Lake City for 19 years. Those who think the LDS Church is just another church, is completely wrong. I won't go into the finer details I've experience, like weddings in temples, etc, but it's a Cult. Not a church. Anyone who tells you differently is simply ignorant.