LFR Gurthalak VS normal Experimental Specimen Slicer

Hey there, I recently took up Retribution paladin as my off spec, and I happen to own both these weapons, and I was wondering which one is actually better, as I got different opinions from people who play paladin.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I play one, and It's totally up to you. If you like to be even MORE proc dependent, then go with Gurthalak. It can be better dps, or worse. if you like consistent numbers, go with the Slicer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Since the nerf to gurth(or fix, depending your point of view), LFR Gurth < 397 Weps < Gurth < 410 weps < Heroic Gurth, I believe.

Since paladins don't have anything to support gurth like:

frost dks with massive haste = more procs
    UH dks with massive haste AND mastery boosting the damage
    Fury warriors with two of them and high crit and haste
    arms warriors with high crit

I would say normal order of ilevel is best for retri as the guy stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Since the nerf to gurth(or fix, depending your point of view), LFR Gurth < 397 Weps < Gurth < 410 weps < Heroic Gurth, I believe.
    I actually read that Normal Gurth is still better then 410 weapons but LFR Gurth is worse then 397 weapons, don't know why but I think it was posted on EJ.

My guildie with Ret offspec was exactly in the same situation (390 Gurth vs 397 slicer), and he did extensive testing on dummies for ~2 hours, with ~6min testing per run, and the results were inconclusive. Sometimes Gurth won, sometimes slicer. Well, I suppose it IS conclusive in that when you get lucky procs Gurth pulls ahead, and if not Slicer pulls ahead.

Thanks everyone for the responses, think I'll go with Slicer!

Deleted
    I was like.. 2% proc rate gurth? No thanks.. two-houndred-and-shitloads-of-awesome-mastery-axe yes please!

I have the 403 Gurth and the 410 Slicer, I've played around with both and perfer the Slicer. I avg about 300-400 dps higher (sometimes more gotta love rng) using the Slicer. I'm sure its gonna be the same with their little borthers.`