Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's the live stream. I linked the correct show listing, but the Guildcast went off air. It's Legendary timeslot now.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

OP failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's the live stream. I linked the correct show listing, but the Guildcast went off air. It's Legendary timeslot now.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

OP failed.
    Point stands. It was the GW2 show when the OP posted the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

And now it's the Legendary show on the LIVE stream. The Guildcast is found on the link on page one I listed or during it's timeslot.

The OP link is to a live stream, not any particular show. As time kinda changes.

Deleted
    I dunno.. I don't like talking about things I have no idea about :/. Then.. I hate even more when people without any background searching are discussing matters and pretend "they do know what they are talking about". It's not only about GW2, I've went through few of their shows about different games. It's a nightmare. No matter which game they choose it looks like they've never played it or even watched a trailer. I actually feel more stupid for watching few of those oO.

Before gary Gannon got the two new hosts on The Sanctum, the Rift show was really sketchy. Like, really. I am 100% certain the previosu hosts never did anything beyond the intro raid at the time. They got one of the top raiders on the show now and the other guy is a PVP expert. Much better, but yea. All the GB.tv shows are more "conversation" [not sure if talk show applies] more so than "news".

Although, I didn't like the original Guildcast when it was audio only. So, hehehe.

Is what it is though. Much worse podcast out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Sadly, the hosts aren't very well informed. Considering Rubi Bayer is one of them I was hoping she would showcase a little bit more knowledge, but she seemed pretty clueless about some aspects of the game that has had information she has written about on Massively. I hate to say it, but that is for entertainment only. Don't take what they say for fact.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried watching it live once, and found myself constantly trying to correct them in viewer chat...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I tried watching it live once, and found myself constantly trying to correct them in viewer chat...
    Watch the no endgame episode and you're head will explode. Not that I am trying to cause your untimely death...

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it difficult to watch Guildcast. They don't know very much info at all, which is pretty annoying. I think they should read through the wiki or the awesome everythinginone thread that is here and gw2guru.

Sadly, the hosts aren't very well informed. Considering Rubi Bayer is one of them I was hoping she would showcase a little bit more knowledge, but she seemed pretty clueless about some aspects of the game that has had information she has written about on Massively. I hate to say it, but that is for entertainment only. Don't take what they say for fact.
    100% agree.
    I watched an episode like a week or two ago were they were answearing viewer questions. It was pretty obvious that they did zero preparation before the show. They gave many false info about the game or info that was obsolete and they generalized a lot when they didn't have a straight answear. It was very dissapointing...because it was not even entrertaining to watch. I hope they get better or maybe bring more hosts to the show that actually know about MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was like watching FauX News or Creative News Network, not much fact and a whole lot of white noise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I tried to stick with the gamebreaker crew over several weeks, but they just got on my nerves too often. They've shown to me time and again how little value their word holds. Eventually, I decided that I really don't need to hear any more poorly informed yet loudly declared opinions and reactions. I already get enough of that in the forms.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Pretty sure they just recently started guildcast. I dont know much about GW2 and havent really been following info at all but legendary (WoW show) and the republic (swtor show) they do have always been good so I'm surprised by everyone saying they didnt know much.

My guess would be finding someone who knows alot about GW2 and is willing to go on a podcast and talk about it with 1k nerds watching them might be hard to find at this point....they will probably filter out people and get new hosts as release gets closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Pretty sure they just recently started guildcast. I dont know much about GW2 and havent really been following info at all but legendary (WoW show) and the republic (swtor show) they do have always been good so I'm surprised by everyone saying they didnt know much.

My guess would be finding someone who knows alot about GW2 and is willing to go on a podcast and talk about it with 1k nerds watching them might be hard to find at this point....they will probably filter out people and get new hosts as release gets closer.
    The problem I have specifically with guildcast is that the two people other than Gary were doing a podcast before they were doing the gamebreaker show. They have no excuse for their mistakes really. Rubi works for Massively and does the Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 columns and she STILL makes glaring mistakes. It's just plain unprofessional.

Important to note that not all GB.TV show are Legendary. Or have the hosts of Legendary. Early Sanctum shows were just as inaccurate as Guildcast.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love GBTV, watching all their shows. As have been said, you should always take stuff they say with a grain of salt. It's mostly for entertainment. Ed Park is amazing though, and bring the facts back for the most part. Also Lore is knowledgable. MikeB always has interesting points. (all of these hosts are working on other shows) Don't judge them on Guildcast yet, it's a very new show. Rubi is more of a lore nerd than a fact checker. :P

The problem I have specifically with guildcast is that the two people other than Gary were doing a podcast before they were doing the gamebreaker show. They have no excuse for their mistakes really. Rubi works for Massively and does the Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 columns and she STILL makes glaring mistakes. It's just plain unprofessional.
    Agreed, when you're a host on a show where your job is to inform the uninformed and you spread misinformation as fact then you're not doing your job at all.

They just recently got a new host for Guildcast, a supposed "expert". Have no idea how the show is now-- I don't watch myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gamebreakertv is tolerable at best for everything besides legendary, and the only reason that show is good is because of Lore and the chemistry he has with the others. Gamebreaker really is the cable news network of gaming sites though, a lot of loud opinions being thrown around, Gary being by far the worst hes on every show I think and has almost no knowledge of any of them it seems well still acting like he does.

Even I, a fairly new person to the GW2 scene find myself correcting them in my head very often, but the Guildcast is still one of the better shows. Its far from perfect but with the new personality that has joined, Dan Workman, who seems to be very informed about the game it has the possibility to become much better. I still listen to it but I have an hour long commute to Boston for class everyday and limited data on my phone so I need to listen to something.

Rubi and Shawn have always been kinda... sketchy. Back when Guildcast was audio only they had a lot of gaps and empty space in their podcast. Which is why the podcast never appealed to me.

It seemed a little worse when they went over the Gamebreaker as the show is live and Gary/viewers will toss out questions on the fly. As opposed to the previous pre-recorded Guildcast [which they did a bad job on as well...].

No disrespect to Rubi and Shawn. They are just seem sorta... not hardcore.