Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Rubi and Shawn have always been kinda... sketchy. Back when Guildcast was audio only they had a lot of gaps and empty space in their podcast. Which is why the podcast never appealed to me.

    It seemed a little worse when they went over the Gamebreaker as the show is live and Gary/viewers will toss out questions on the fly. As opposed to the previous pre-recorded Guildcast [which they did a bad job on as well...].

    No disrespect to Rubi and Shawn. They are just seem sorta... not hardcore.

  2. #42
    The Patient Lannden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rubi and Shawn have always been kinda... sketchy. Back when Guildcast was audio only they had a lot of gaps and empty space in their podcast. Which is why the podcast never appealed to me.

    It seemed a little worse when they went over the Gamebreaker as the show is live and Gary/viewers will toss out questions on the fly. As opposed to the previous pre-recorded Guildcast [which they did a bad job on as well...].

    No disrespect to Rubi and Shawn. They are just seem sorta... not hardcore.
    Yeah Dan is really good compared to them, I think they said he won the community ambassador contest or something and seems to have been to almost every event GW2 has been demoed at and all kinds of neat stuff most people have not seen/done. He also has contacts in Anet that he works with a lot it seems like.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How... 5 million viewers? How is the website not imploding under its own weight, like a black hole?
    It's probably hosted in something like amazon EC2 cloud, with scalable server base.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 12:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rubi and Shawn have always been kinda... sketchy. Back when Guildcast was audio only they had a lot of gaps and empty space in their podcast. Which is why the podcast never appealed to me.

    It seemed a little worse when they went over the Gamebreaker as the show is live and Gary/viewers will toss out questions on the fly. As opposed to the previous pre-recorded Guildcast [which they did a bad job on as well...].

    No disrespect to Rubi and Shawn. They are just seem sorta... not hardcore.
    To be honest, the questions asked are mostly not hardcore either. I logged on and the first one that came was "do I get a breathe meter underwater". To me, it would be faster to type that into google and get an answer...


    P.S. 5 million viewers is promising for game's commercial success.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Lannden View Post
    Yeah Dan is really good compared to them, I think they said he won the community ambassador contest or something and seems to have been to almost every event GW2 has been demoed at and all kinds of neat stuff most people have not seen/done. He also has contacts in Anet that he works with a lot it seems like.
    Fair enough. If I have some downtime I'll download a few newer episodes.

  5. #45
    I dont mind Gary not knowing anything, or even the bearded guy, but for Rubi to not know basic information that you can find on the wiki page is just terrible imo.

    Ill still watch the show but I'm liking Tales of Tyria alot more. They even got me to buy both books which im on chapter 9 of the first one and loving it. But yea Rubi needs to have wiki open when shes doing this show, cuz in the "No Endgame" episode there was so much misinformation being thrown out that i wanted to reach through my computer and slap them in the face. I could have answered those questions without a wiki cuz im so interested in this game and its their job to know this stuff and they messed up real bad. Im going to have to start watching live so i can participate in the chat.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont mind Gary not knowing anything, or even the bearded guy, but for Rubi to not know basic information that you can find on the wiki page is just terrible imo.

    Ill still watch the show but I'm liking Tales of Tyria alot more. They even got me to buy both books which im on chapter 9 of the first one and loving it. But yea Rubi needs to have wiki open when shes doing this show, cuz in the "No Endgame" episode there was so much misinformation being thrown out that i wanted to reach through my computer and slap them in the face. I could have answered those questions without a wiki cuz im so interested in this game and its their job to know this stuff and they messed up real bad. Im going to have to start watching live so i can participate in the chat.
    My thoughts exactly.

  7. #47
    Hm, Tales of Tyria seems lower in production quality and fan-centric.

  8. #48
    The Patient Lannden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    315
    I've never actually heard of Tales of Tyria I'll have to check it out.

    OT: I just finished both books and they are very good, really pulled me into the world.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm, Tales of Tyria seems lower in production quality and fan-centric.
    It is lower in production quality and IS fan centric, but why should you hold that against it? At least the hosts actually know what the hell they're talking about and not spreading misinformation about something as simple as differentiating Story from Explorable mode, or neglecting to point out that there's at least 3 different paths for dungeons, or neglecting to talk about specifics in regards to the skill bar, or being extremely vague in regards to DEs, etc like the Gamebreaker team is. I'll take a show with lower quality and knowledgeable hosts over higher quality and hosts you don't know general basics about a game they get paid to write about.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    It is lower in production quality and IS fan centric, but why should you hold that against it?
    Well, production quality is rather important in all media. I wanna enjoy my time reading/listening/watching/playing. If audio quality is bad or it looks like 8-bit theater, no amount of accuracy on the workings of Longbows in Guild Wars 2 is going to be attractive to me.

    Not a bad show, per se. Just not very engaging to listen or watch for me.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    It is lower in production quality and IS fan centric, but why should you hold that against it? At least the hosts actually know what the hell they're talking about and not spreading misinformation about something as simple as differentiating Story from Explorable mode, or neglecting to point out that there's at least 3 different paths for dungeons, or neglecting to talk about specifics in regards to the skill bar, or being extremely vague in regards to DEs, etc like the Gamebreaker team is. I'll take a show with lower quality and knowledgeable hosts over higher quality and hosts you don't know general basics about a game they get paid to write about.
    lol you pretty much nailed the problems with that whole episode.

    I really dont care about production quality as long it keeps my interest. I have heard about 4 guild casts episodes and they annoyed me to no end in that one episode. ToT however in the most recent episode had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire podcast. I learned so much lore from them that i actually bought the books they were discussing.

  12. #52
    Both Rubi and her Massively articles kinda lost alot of credibility through this, i expected at least her to know what she's talking about and to keep up with the news and info especially considering it's what she does and who she is... but guess i was wrong. Spreading misinformation like a boss.
    This kind of approach is an example of a garbage that's hurting both game and fans/community... quick bucks from jobs they don't take seriously and viewers and traffic they couldn't care less about...

    Also big props to Tales of Tyria, i watched few episodes now, i didn't know about them before.. good stuff.
    http://www.twitch.tv/talesoftyria/videos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •