Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hell yeah they do! <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Sounds good to me! Gives me something to do until it actually comes out. I just picked up the Trilogy and EoTN for £18.99 here in the UK. Should be arriving today I hope.

I've got an old account that I will attach the extra campaigns too so I may have an extra prophecies CD key. If anybody wants it then send me a PM and I'll PM it to you when I get it. All you'd need to do is get EoTN if you want to do Hall of Monuments but you wouldn't have the Factions or Nightfall campaign so it may be a little more tedious.

Trilogy: £14.99
    Eye of the North: £4.00
    Eye of the North: £2.86

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    I did see that whilst on my searches but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to trust that website. It just looks too unprofessional.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I did see that whilst on my searches but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to trust that website. It just looks too unprofessional.
    They're pretty well known. I've been using them for about 2 years. They're far better than any other site (Amazon, Play.com, Gameplay etc) that I've ever used.

Shopto? Excellent site for buying your games from. Cheap prices and fast delivery. They didnt even pay me to say that!

Would it be worth it to buy GW1 for 20 bucks and farm HoM if you dont have any other game to play? Terribly bored of the HoT instances and I want some chinese farming. And how much played would it take to get 50 pts if you havent played the game before? rough estimate.
    If I decided to buy EotN what game version do I need aswell? Would Nightfall work?
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-01-21 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Would it be worth it to buy GW1 for 20 bucks and farm HoM if you dont have any other game to play? Terribly bored of the HoT instances and I want some chinese farming. And how much played would it take to get 50 pts if you havent played the game before? rough estimate.
    If I decided to buy EotN what game version do I need aswell? Would Nightfall work?
    You will NOT want to aim for 50pts if you haven't played the game before. At all. You'd be safer aiming for 15-20 with a fresh game, likely. Esp if you're only getting one of the three games. I played GW for years (on and off, and never farmed specifically for the HoM until litterally yesterday, but the point still stands) and am only at ~35points. For GWEN, you need any of the 3 standalone games. Does not matter which one. I would recommend Nightfall or Prophecies over Factions any day of the week, but then again so would most people.

Anything you get past 30points is just a prestige title anyways. If you get to 30points you're pretty much set.

(Oh right, forgot. You need GWEN to actually do the HoM, like Mif said)
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-01-21 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need EoTN to do HoM.
    It's better value to buy Trilogy and get all 3 games for $30.

So is there not enough time to get 50 pts before GW2 release? Do I need all games for 30+?

So is there not enough time to get 50 pts before GW2 release? Do I need all games for 30+?
    I mean, I'm not saying there's not TIME.. I'm saying it's a retarded amount of farming.
    The amount of ingame currency it would take is just redic. Obby armor alone is what, like 1mil? That one point alone generally takes months and months or farming to get.

Even getting 20ish points would be difficult with only one of the 3 games. Since you wouldn't get the easy points from completing the campaigns.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-01-21 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it's a lot easier.

A lot of farming sounds kinds nice. Will probably pick up a box with all the games.

A lot of farming sounds kinds nice. Will probably pick up a box with all the games.
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you or anything.
    I'm just saying that a 50pt HoM starting from scratch isn't a realistic goal.
    You're best off aiming for a lower number. 15-20 being easy, with not TOO much farming, 30 being significant farming that you seem to be up for, 50 being an unrealistic amount of farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you or anything.
    I'm just saying that a 50pt HoM starting from scratch isn't a realistic goal.
    You're best off aiming for a lower number. 15-20 being easy, with not TOO much farming, 30 being significant farming that you seem to be up for, 50 being an unrealistic amount of farming.
    Why is it so unrealistic though? How many hours are we talking here. I dont care if its "hard" or not. That will not be a problem. It's only about time.

Being good enough to get a PvP title while also completing basically everything the game has to offer isn't exactly realistic if you're just starting now. Plus, like I said, the ridiculous amount of gold it would take to get some of the statues. Some of the statues would take months just to farm the gold to afford them, nevermind the statues that would take months of actual farming to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Being good enough to get a PvP title
    You can buy a PVP title for 200 Z keys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The 3 points may seem tempting, but it's not worth it (at least not for 30 points). The money for 200 Z keys is much much better off spend on something else.
    Don't know if been linked, but some guides: here and here

Deleted
    You have to PvP/do Zaishen dailies a lot to get that many keys and to buy them in trade would cost 1000k. It's generally not worth going after the 3pts if you are new to the game.

Sorry, I meant good enough or feel like paying 1mil. I figured if I should rule out the 1mil cost of Obby, I should rule out the 1mil cost of Zkeys.

Deleted
    Hey, sorry for hijacking this thread but...

What is the easiest way for me (http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAFAAAAAAAAAA) to get to 10 HoM, I got 15k gold and I've just finished the EotN story, omw to finish Faction story...

Thanks in advance!