Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruii View Post
    so the bail outs for greece and future country's is 1% of Gdp? id love to see that report.
    Link please?
    Do please understand im not trying to be sarcastic.
    I thought you were talking about developing countries and not the PIIGS - the reason we are trying to bail them out is because it would hurt us if they bankrupted... Maybe not Greece - but Italy would

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Yep pretty much prove my point, you're just looking to argue, doesn't matter what I say you'll pop out with some new irrelevant, obscure fact. Yes, my country is having some economic problems too bad the rest of the world is taking deep breaths because they rely on us to prop them up and even on our bad day (current economy) We're still number 2 GDP in the world....

Congrats a plane was shot down, sun even shines on a dog's ass some days. 1.4 million troops sweet bro... Like I said take a look at number of planes and naval vessels any country can dress 1million retards up in shiny uniforms, hell look at N. Korea they have to rely on US aid and can barely feed their people but dammit they got them 1million active duty. Sweet link too, yes I see the US at the top of it.

The sad part is you claim to not hate America yet you are littered with facts about all of America's faults why don't you turn that little microscope around on your own little shitbox of a country... but nah, that's pretty depressing isn't it, much easier to just toss little pebbles at the big bully. I had to look way down on the list to find your 76th GDP and 40K active duty troops /golf clap.
    W8 if you are continuing to argue with me what does that make you? How can fact be obscure?Facts are straight. Well thats not true, soon China will control world ( in economic sense ) like it or not. If they decide to stop the use of US$ that will make things much, much different.

Thanks. I did, for a country that has been in war since 1776 ( independence ) having 2x as much as naval vessels ( + the size of your Coastline ) that not much. Perhaps many can dress 1mill soldiers but USA cant dress 500mill And also not true, thats what you look on CNN...

Thats the difference in our school system, hell our average 10 year old kid know more about history of USA, Italy, England.... then some kid from that country. Laugh all you want but thanks to my little country you have such things as AC current, transfer of signal through wast distance ( Pupin coils ) and many many more....

You're right, the U.S. is a terrible terrible place. It's just awful. We're all blood thirsty morons with IQs south of 70.

It's always fun to read the always abundant opinions of those who have never spent any considerable time here or have any real knowledge of the U.S.

Yeah...the U.S's track record is not perfect by any stretch, but nobodys is.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    You're right, the U.S. is a terrible terrible place. It's just awful. We're all blood thirsty morons with IQs south of 70.

It's always fun to read the always abundant opinions of those who have never spent any considerable time here or have any real knowledge of the U.S.

Yeah...the U.S's track record is not perfect by any stretch, but nobodys is.
    You dont have to go to North Korea to have an opinion on it or know that you have more freedom than those there... It goes both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You dont have to go to North Korea to have an opinion on it or know that you have more freedom than those there... It goes both ways...
    Comparing the US to N. Korea is a bit extreme.

Having an opinion is fine; expressing an unfounded opinion is fine. It's just seeing unfounded opinions day after day gets tiresome. Again US history is not spot free, but whose is?

I think you have to visit (or better yet live) somewhere to truly understand it. I've lived in both Europe and the US. The US is much more similar to Europe than most people give it credit for, so are the people. Yes, there are differences. However, day to day life is remarkably the same.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    w8, your country is in worst economic state since collapse of 1929 and you are talking about the Russia?Your pride stealth plane was shoot down by an obsolete radar ( F117-A ). You next generation plane was a complete disaster ( cant remember the name of the plane ). Yeah India, atm it has 1.4mill ppl listed in active military service, and close to 500mill fit for service, that 200mill ppl more then what USA has. But hey look at this. Now we see that American pride...
    The only valid premise there is that the American economy is in it's worst state since 1929. Beyond that... lol.

Size of army means exactly squat except under the most specific of circumstances. You could arm 2 million people with sticks and call it an army. Without the tech, a group of people of any size are nothing but a meat shield in a war.

As for your point about knowing more of the specified countries history's than anyone from that country. Please; could I see your credentials? That's a pretty big statement. Please tell us something about our nations that we don't know...

10+ Year Old Account
    W8 if you are continuing to argue with me what does that make you? How can fact be obscure?Facts are straight. Well thats not true, soon China will control world ( in economic sense ) like it or not. If they decide to stop the use of US$ that will make things much, much different.

Thanks. I did, for a country that has been in war since 1776 ( independence ) having 2x as much as naval vessels ( + the size of your Coastline ) that not much. Perhaps many can dress 1mill soldiers but USA cant dress 500mill And also not true, thats what you look on CNN...

Thats the difference in our school system, hell our average 10 year old kid know more about history of USA, Italy, England.... then some kid from that country. Laugh all you want but thanks to my little country you have such things as AC current, transfer of signal through wast distance ( Pupin coils ) and many many more....
    Funny how we're not arguing this point in your native tongue on a forum created around a serbian game... oh and you're welcome for the internet. And that military fact that I got from 'CNN'.... actually it was from that stupid military link you put up, good try though.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-01-21 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Removed my poop comment, funny but distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    Comparing the US to N. Korea is a bit extreme.

Having an opinion is fine; expressing an unfounded opinion is fine. It's just seeing unfounded opinions day after day gets tiresome. Again US history is not spot free, but whose is?

I think you have to visit (or better yet live) somewhere to truly understand it. I've lived in both Europe and the US. The US is much more similar to Europe than most people give it credit for, so are the people. Yes, there are differences. However, day to day life is remarkably the same.
    they just did the same thing in the OP

But what is your opinion on North Korea based on? It certainly isnt based on first hand experience... And while first hand experience is great it isnt always necessary to form an opinion or have knowledge about it said subject...

you write
    and im just calling you out on it... Its a bad argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Whole Human history is fucked up, do you expect things to change now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Anyone else get really pissed off when you hear someone say this?

With all this SOPA/PIPA crap going on, more and more idiots on facebook/etc keep on saying "I thought we had freedom in America..." or "The Gov't takes away all our freedom", and my only response is always:

If you think Americans have no freedom, go to Iran, go to Syria, China or North Korea. You'll be begging for American freedom in a day.

Anyone else have opinions on this?
    Well, these are extremes. Everything is relative... Go to the Netherlands, Sweden or Belgium and then try to say the same thing. Ofcourse, in averages the USA has quite some "freedom", but with this SOPa/PIPA going on, i must say that the amount of freedom is in great decline.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

they just did the same thing in the OP

But what is your opinion on North Korea based on? It certainly isnt based on first hand experience... And while first hand experience is great it isnt always necessary to form an opinion or have knowledge about it said subject...

you write

and im just calling you out on it... Its a bad argument
    The original post is not exactly what I would consider an intelligent post; the fact the you repeated it does not make it any more so. My comments were based on the past few pages of posts, the nature of which are not uncommon on this forum.

You're right, my knowledge of N. Korea is entirely second hand and limited to what the media chooses to depict. As such, I do not make claims of N. Korea's educational system, economic state, mentality of those who live there, political system, etc.

I consider myself knowledgeable of North Korea. However, I don't have a clue what a day in the life a N. Korean is like; I doubt you do either. So I'll withhold any informatory opinions of N. Korea as they are irrelevant and unfounded. I don't think that is a poor argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    Whole Human history is fucked up, do you expect things to change now?
    yes... History changes all the time...

10+ Year Old Account
    yes... History changes all the time...
    Your avatar, makes me sick... like from being dizzy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Anyone else get really pissed off when you hear someone say this?

With all this SOPA/PIPA crap going on, more and more idiots on facebook/etc keep on saying "I thought we had freedom in America..." or "The Gov't takes away all our freedom", and my only response is always:

If you think Americans have no freedom, go to Iran, go to Syria, China or North Korea. You'll be begging for American freedom in a day.

Anyone else have opinions on this?

We have the freedom of ignorance which this country seems to thrive on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrel View Post
    The only valid premise there is that the American economy is in it's worst state since 1929. Beyond that... lol.

Size of army means exactly squat except under the most specific of circumstances. You could arm 2 million people with sticks and call it an army. Without the tech, a group of people of any size are nothing but a meat shield in a war.

As for your point about knowing more of the specified countries history's than anyone from that country. Please; could I see your credentials? That's a pretty big statement. Please tell us something about our nations that we don't know...
    Actually size does make difference, Look Alamo, Texas army was overrun by mexicans and the only reason was size of the attacking force. Alamo was fortress, had better soldiers, guns, defense but that didnt helped. Also lets not forget Battle of the Little Bighorn, 3 Indian tribes joined forces, had 3:1 more people then US forces and battle with mostly bows and arrows. And lets not forget Vietnam war, America with all those choppers, guns and firepower wasnt a match for guerrilla fighters. And its called cannon fodder

How can I show you credentials? Now with internet its not hard to see some facts....

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Funny how we're not arguing this point in your native tongue on a forum created around a serbian game... oh and you're welcome for the internet. And that military fact that I got from 'CNN'.... actually it was from that stupid military link you put up, good try though.
    Funny but you failed in one thing, there is no American language, its English, changing some words, spelling, doesn't make it a new language But hey thanks to radio ( finally after many decades invention rightfully given to Tesla ) and Pupin ( with his inventions you have wireless transmission, well telephone, telegraph and many many more ) and dont forget that thing you called electricity ( again Tesla ).... How its stupid when you are first on the list?
    Last edited by markos82; 2012-01-22 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Well in some ways America does/did have "too many" freedoms. For instance, prior to the September 11 bombings, several of the terrorists were practicing flying aircraft in Florida - in one case they even stopped the plane without properly landing it, got out and went to get a cab as they were fed up with it. You'd think such suspicious behaviour would be noticed, but apparently not.

On the other, you've got things like this SOPA bill which threaten to restrict all sorts of media through excessive copyright legislation. I guess you just have to be vigilant, I'm not sure whether the OP was an impassioned statement of "No, we're not so bad, you don't realize how good we've got it" or just spoken from ignorance or support towards the bill. The fact is this worked for now, but other things such as the occupy movements are not. Every country has these problems, but America has got a degree of freedom to stand up to it in their own country. It's different in Russia and China where the pack of dictatorial bastards clutching the reigns of power can do whatever they want until some bright day when maybe they'll be kicked out by the people. As authoritarian as I feel the government of my country and the US government has been there are shades of grey and you have to see it in perspective.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-01-22 at 12:54 AM. Reason: confused sentence

Funny but you failed in one thing, there is no American language, its English, changing some words, spelling, doesn't make it a new language But hey thanks to radio ( finally after many decades invention rightfully given to Tesla ) and Pupin ( with his inventions you have wireless transmission, well telephone, telegraph and many many more ) and dont forget that thing you called electricity ( again Tesla ).... How its stupid when you are first on the list?
    Besides, the internet would be nothing without the World Wide Web which was invented at CERN

10+ Year Old Account

I'm well aware there in no American language, I didn't claim there was but English, the language I'm typing in, is our unofficial language. I hate to pull this card since it's tired and played out but if not for us you would be speaking in German. Awesome thanks for Tesla and Pupin... who both became American citizens... , Now how about you go take a look at that car outside and give us thanks or you know what I'm not going to point out little tidbits of info, I'm just going to leave this here so you can peruse it at you leisure and come up with a more solid argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...tes_inventions It's broken down into 4 easy to read pages, enjoy. Going back to looking at Facebook (American) on my PC (American) but if you need I can pull up some more facts from Wikipedia (American).

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 04:18 AM ----------

Besides, the internet would be nothing without the World Wide Web which was invented at CERN
    I'm not here to play the one up game I'm just trying to get this kid to realize that the US is more than just a bunch of war mongering neanderthals.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-01-22 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this thread has run its course. IT's gotten way off-topic, and spawned from SOPA talk anyway.