Deleted

Blackhorn Shipdamage

Hello,

I have a question about Warmaster Blackhorn and the shipdamage.

Is it enough to soak the onslaughts (the big ones) and give a shit to the small ones? Will the ship survive this?
    My other question is. Will the ship take more dmg if only 1 player (shadow, mage) soaks the onslaught instead of the whole raid?

I'm talking about 10men heroic.

Thanks for any advice.

Deleted
    No, that doesn't 'seem' to work anymore, the small nukes doe 420k dmg isntead of the 300k given in the dungeon journal.
    It will split 50/50 with the ship if u got 1 person in there, so it'l take 600k dmg

Deleted
    Can someone confirm this?

Deleted
    We dident have an issue with soaking big ones with 1 player when we tried it yesterday, the ship seemed like it dident take dmg but i can be sure dident have the health bar up.

Haven't done Heroic Blackhorn yet, but I'd assume fire would get way out of control if you don't soak any of the small barrages, if your ranged DPS can kill the drake fast enough there won't be enough to really threaten your raid members with dying from soaking them. How do you go about soaking the big ones with one player anyways? It splits evenly through everyone in it and the Skyfire for equal damage.

The fire spawns at 75, 50 and 25%. You will basically reach 25% unless you soak a ridiculous amount of small barrages.
    We solosoak the first big bomb with two people, cause then we can have more people soaking small ones in start, i think we soak around 4-6 of them per P1. We mostly have our dk TANK solosoak with AMS up, and our protpala with glyphed divine prot, he almost gets oneshot but that's fine.
    We also did the solosoaking all big ones, and get more small ones but getting all big ones was easier for us.

Yes, I can confirm that the boat splits the damage with the number of players in the area where the barrage hits. Solo soaking isn't a bad idea, but you're basically committing half of that damage to the ship. The more you can get in there, the better, especially with the large ones. Raidwalls work well for them. And yeah, the fire spawns at fixed intervals, and is basically unavoidable. It helps to time DPS'ing the last melee drake down after the little gnomes have had a good amount of time to put out the fires, but before the boat hits 0%.

And you absolutely have to soak a portion of the small blasts as well or the boat will reach 0, as the drakes and adds are on fixed timers, and you're going to get enough of each type of barrage to easily push the boat below 0%.

Deleted
    We basically have everyone except the tank in every onslaught and have me (mage) and a shadow priest take a small one on our own whenever our CD is up, you only need to take a couple and the ship will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    We basically have everyone except the tank in every onslaught and have me (mage) and a shadow priest take a small one on our own whenever our CD is up, you only need to take a couple and the ship will be fine.
    We've been doing it vice versa now that we're actually working on it, that is fire mage and Spriest solo onslaught. Is there some major reason to do it the other way we're missing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    We've been doing it vice versa now that we're actually working on it, that is fire mage and Spriest solo onslaught. Is there some major reason to do it the other way we're missing?
    I think our reason was basically less movement, less fannying around with the debuff and not needing a rotation of pairs taking the small ones. We just have everyone move into onslaughts, move out again straight away from the charge and carry on killing adds. Feels much easier.

We do pairs...but we only soak barrages until the first set of drakes is dead. We make sure the ship is above 3.28m HP (3 missed barrages I think before drakes die) and then ignore every barrage afterwards. Melee helps on second set of drakes and we lust as the third set of adds come up and ranged nukes drakes down. Sometims fire is terrible, sometimes it's absolutely fantastic. Kinda RNG. Ship usually lives with 1m HP, we could soak less but IF those drakes dont die or fire is really bad we can leave it to the next onslaught and still be fine (we use dispersion and cauterize to soak here in case of emergency).

Strat is pretty easy and you'll practically never have a barrage death.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    I think our reason was basically less movement, less fannying around with the debuff and not needing a rotation of pairs taking the small ones. We just have everyone move into onslaughts, move out again straight away from the charge and carry on killing adds. Feels much easier.
    Do you have them eat onslaughts as well or sit outside of it?

EVERYONE Soak the big ones, ignore most of the small ones.

We soak 3-4 small ones total (will give you an extra 21-28% to work with). The tank who is tanking the Elite slayer usually trys to soak 1 small one per phase

This strat will work if you can kill the dragons in 1 harpoon.

We also tank the dreadblade near the dragon. Lets us use 2 melee, 4 ranged. (instead of the more common 1 melee, 5 ranged) The melee cleave off the DRAGON onto the dreadblade.

Make sure you have a PLAN for EACH sapper too. You'll see a huge dps increase when everyone knows exactly what they should be attacking. We use warrior tank stun on the first sapper, paladin healer stun on second sapper, paladin tank stun on 3rd sapper, and paladin healer stun on 4th sapper. That way each sapper has a 6 second stun on it. Range need to swap fast on the sapper, hunters concussion shot makes them easy.

This priority will get you through the entire fight
    Sapper > Dragons > Dreadblade > Elite Slayer > Gariona > Blackhorn

Then pray for a little RNG with the fire (nothing like ragnaros dreadflames), and it's an easy kill!