Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I could sit and argue here all day, but this will be my final post in this thread.

It's not the same, because the lower faction has no chance at all in Ilum. You however have the chance to get in both a good and a bad team in a Warzone.
    I simply dont believe that, period. You cannot sit here and tell me that if you muster your pvp geared friends and guilds and play in a coordinated fashion that you cannot steamroll over the uncoordinated masses on the other side. You do it all the time in a Warzone, where you outclass your opponent significantly with gear and teamplay. Even if just HALF your side is a premade you roll over the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I simply dont believe that, period. You cannot sit here and tell me that if you muster your pvp geared friends and guilds and play in a coordinated fashion that you cannot steamroll over the uncoordinated masses on the other side. You do it all the time in a Warzone, where you outclass your opponent significantly with gear and teamplay. Even if just HALF your side is a premade you roll over the other team.
    Ah, I keep getting sucked back in this thread.

I know you won't believe me, but I never queue in a premade. Every time I get in a good game is purely luck.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Ah, I keep getting sucked back in this thread.

I know you won't believe me, but I never queue in a premade. Every time I get in a good game is purely luck.
    People merely indulging in their own self interests. Its a choice people make. If i had my ways, id drastically redesign Ilum. And even some aspects of pvp in general. And id also have Huttball award bonus valor for reaching the 6-0 score, and the faster you do it the more bonus you get.
    It should never ever have been so that teams are motivated to relentlessly camp, farm and generally add insult to injury. Getting farmed is not fun, standing on your spawn area looking out at the 8 guys in full Battlemaster who are just 20y away and are just aching to bend you over and do horrible things to you. And all that stands between them and you is the spawn timer. And you have two choices, drop your pants and just take it time and time again. Spending 90% of the time in your spawn. Or leave/be kicked.

I doubt many enjoy a system that rewards purposely not scoring and moving on.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I usually never agree with anything Vizzle says (No offense <3 ) but what he said in here is true, I've read the entire thread, and all it really boils down to is what he said, whether you care about the other team or not. Judging from experience alone, I've fallen under the impression that farming for 15min yields more bonus than 2 fast games.
    its actually true you and your team will be penalized for rolling over the enemy team in huttball ill look for the quote but you get more points/valor if you keep it at 5-0 or let them score once its more efficient to farm them for medals

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    That video puts it in a nutshell. It might be hilarious and fun but no matter how you look it's griefing. I don't mind if we are fighting at open around the map in 5-0 situation and opponent isn't scoring. But when it's 5-0 and whole opponents team is at your score line just raping the shit out of you immediatly when you come out of safe zone. I don't know what sort of rose tinted glasses you are wearing to not understand it's pretty heavy griefing. When it's that situation there's aboslutely no way to come out no matter what sort of awesome plan and tactics you come up with. It's simply frustrating and annoying.
    (edited for clarity)
    then you tell a stealther to dash out, gank the player holding the ball, grab the ball and pop stealth to drop it (ie resetting the ball), then run speed buff out of the starting zone and go score, its really not griefing its just that you are a bad player if you cant figure out that simple tactic, lol.

if the option is there to que with friends, then its nobodys fault but your own for complaining about getting roflstomped by a couple of players that did. its the point of an MMo (Massive MULTIPLAYER online game).

i will reiterate, there is NO such thing as griefing inside of a pvp instance, lol you join the instance to pvp, for however long the match is. you people must not of pvped in vanilla wow, with AV games last 24+hrs, rofl, these games last like 20mins, so what?
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-01-22 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    then you tell a stealther to dash out of the starting zone and go score, its really not griefing its just that you are a bad player if you cant figure out that simple tactic, lol.
    You do realize the campers will hold the ball right?

That is the only thing I don't agree with, farming is great but at least let the players out of the base, no to mention it will help your team to acquire more medals if the enemy can fight back.

then you tell a stealther to dash out of the starting zone and go score, its really not griefing its just that you are a bad player if you cant figure out that simple tactic, lol.
    the team farming will hold the ball, so your tactic won't work

Edit: didn't see the post above, what he said

10+ Year Old Account
    When i'm in a premade with my guildies it ussually depends on who we play. If we play someone we don't like then we're goin to farm the shit out of you, if we don't know you/don't care then we finish it quick, ussually in about 6-7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    ...sportsmanship is everything, honor oneself and others.

im a sith, its kind of the point to not honor anyone and be out for my own, lol

This is why I don't PvP. Somehow modern games still think that pitching NHL level team against a local high school hockey team is great fun.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Grintogg View Post
    We would generally hold the ball in the middle and farm them at 5-0 as well - no point in a quick win if you don't have at least 5 or 6 medals each. Sometimes we even ignore the ball so they have a hope of scoring etc and leave it at 4-0 - hope is a great thing - it keeps them trying!
    I've come back at a team doing this, they stopped at 4 and started farming us and we ended up making it 4-4...still lost, but they definitely changed their play strategy in the last minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You do realize the campers will hold the ball right?
    edited for clarity, i just woke up and it was a rough night last night, lol too much drinking and multitasking in the morning while waking and baking ends up with sentences being left in my head, rofl. my apologies.

edited for clarity, i just woke up and it was a rough night last night, lol too much drinking and multitasking in the morning while waking and baking ends up with sentences being left in my head, rofl. my apologies.
    No worries we all been in situations like that some time =)

I still disagree with you though, if the other team is camping the goal line you won't gank the ball holder unless you are a un-nerfed operative and even if you would be successful in ganking the ball holder you wouldn't get out alive from it, possibly with an insane amount of luck but 1 in 100 at best.

Each to there own though, if you and your team find it worth your time doing it I'm not the one to have any complaints about it as it's allowed by the rules, I do find it pointless and boring for both parties though as generally letting them out and fighting in the enemy pit will yield you more medals and proves to be quite entertaining most times.

The problem with it really is that you gen penalized for finishing the game too fast. The only real way to make the farming stop would be to add a WSG mechanic where the ball holder gets a LOT weaker as time moves forward. However I feel that instead of being just the ball holder, it needs to be the entire current holding team.
    Bleh

(edited for clarity)
    then you tell a stealther to dash out, gank the player holding the ball, grab the ball and pop stealth to drop it (ie resetting the ball), then run speed buff out of the starting zone and go score, its really not griefing its just that you are a bad player if you cant figure out that simple tactic, lol.

if the option is there to que with friends, then its nobodys fault but your own for complaining about getting roflstomped by a couple of players that did. its the point of an MMo (Massive MULTIPLAYER online game).

i will reiterate, there is NO such thing as griefing inside of a pvp instance, lol you join the instance to pvp, for however long the match is. you people must not of pvped in vanilla wow, with AV games last 24+hrs, rofl, these games last like 20mins, so what?
    I remember those, getting camped inside a cave for an hour only to summon giants and zerg their cave in turn while the hours passed and you realize that you should have been asleep 6 hours ago while your adrenaline kept you awake. That was the vanilla feeling of a memorable game and battleground. It was fun in its own right but wouldn't work on today's gamers I think. It's all: "GO, GO, GO!" these days.

Nostalgia aside, I wouldn't farm. I'm there to win. Well, I wouldn't complain if the others wanted to and tried, but I sure as hell wouldn't say no to taking the ball and scoring for a bonus point while everyone else run in circles at that score either. I think I would be of a different opinion if there was a rival/person who killed me over and over though. Then I'd want to teach him a lesson if possible.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

No it makes you a douche.

It's the same as GY camping in WSG when you have 2/3 while holding the 3rd flag.

Justify it how you like, I mean hell I love me some GY camping sometimes but it still makes you a douche.

Infracted - Don't call people douches. It's not nice nor is it constructive. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-01-23 at 12:09 AM.

It's unsportsmanlike to farm the loosing team but the numbers don't like, you get more for staying. I personally don't like farming the other team as it isn't fun for me and it isn't fun for them (most of the time). But also when I'm in a loosing game like that I just stay where I can't be farmed so I end up wasting their time as well, but sadly other people don't understand and keep rushing in which is why we lost in the first place.