Death Knight Simulator is ready for beta testing (video demo on youtube) PvP aspects

Hey guys my name is Chef Ramsay and I play an 85 Death Knight on Stormreaver-US. I have spent over 3 years and thousands of hours working on a powerful simulator for Death Knights. Below is the youtube video demonstrating the tool (Cataclysm version).

Just search you tube for "Ramsay-DK" it will be the top choice.

Please let me know what you think. I hope to have the beta version released before the end of January

Link for the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRc-FVcpXI

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

Can't say I watched the whole thing as I'm at work, but it sure does look shiny.

If it's better than Simcrap I'll be happy.
    If it's better than Kahorie's I'll bow down and worship.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRc-FVcpXI is the link to the video to start with.

Ooo a pretty new dk simulator!

Definitely gonna look forward to this and keep track of progress on this.

Deleted
    the best way to judge ANY software is testing it. I want to see how the software works, how it behaves, if and how i can break it by doing something that it is (or isn't?) designed for. this is one more of those cases. watching a 20 minute video where you show all the aspects of the software just isn't even close to the real thing. for example, you show PvP, but how can i know that PvE is designed just as well apart from your word?

granted, I didn't watch the entire thing (time constraints), but personally, i'm going to wait for the beta to come out so i can test it myself. things like user friendliness, responsiveness and performance (both accuracy and speed) can only really be determined by testing it yourself.

Looks pretty cool. Couple of things I'd like to know:

Will it be possible to import a character from armory?
    Will it incorporate expertise/hit racials?

Probably some other bits and bobs I wanted to ask but have forgotten. Looking forward to testing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by flashur View Post
    Looks pretty cool. Couple of things I'd like to know:

Will it be possible to import a character from armory?
    Will it incorporate expertise/hit racials?

Probably some other bits and bobs I wanted to ask but have forgotten. Looking forward to testing it out!
    Yes it incorporates expertise / hit racials. Everything I can think of is incorporated. Import from armory is a feature that is possible in the future : )

Talking DK Simuator to be released Feb. 7th

I plan on having my sim ready for download on Tuesday Feb. 7th : ) Now that megaupload is dead I am searching for another place for people to dl it from. I tried contacting a couple people at mmo-champion about being the first to test my sim but haven't heard back yet : ( I still <3 you guys though lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Link for the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRc-FVcpXI

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

Can't say I watched the whole thing as I'm at work, but it sure does look shiny.

What's wrong with simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Nothing, in practice. Its math, rotation, and analysis is sound. It's a tool, and like any other tool it can be misused. People calling it "simcrap" apparently don't know how to use it or what its intended purpose is.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Nothing, in practice. Its math, rotation, and analysis is sound. It's a tool, and like any other tool it can be misused. People calling it "simcrap" apparently don't know how to use it or what its intended purpose is.
    I've never used simcraft myself. You won't ever hear me disparaging someone else's hard work. I suggest you try Rawr (a good tool), Simcraft AND Ramsay-DK and decide for yourself. I would be suprised if another tool went to the level of detail of my sim however. If 1 person (I know Rawr has dozens of developers and does ALL 10 classes - awesome!) made a more complex tool then mine they should be locked up or heavily medicated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by beasts View Post
    I've never used simcraft myself. You won't ever hear me disparaging someone else's hard work. I suggest you try Rawr (a good tool), Simcraft AND Ramsay-DK and decide for yourself. I would be suprised if another tool went to the level of detail of my sim however. If 1 person (I know Rawr has dozens of developers and does ALL 10 classes - awesome!) made a more complex tool then mine they should be locked up or heavily medicated lol.
    No, I'm not saying anything about your tool. I honestly have yet to even watch the video mostly because of posting from my mobile with inexplicably horrendous rendering times. I was just saying that blanket statements about simcraft like the one I quoted really aren't accurate/fair.

Thanks gakpad no I realize you weren't. I agree with you though in that I'm not fond of blanket statements either. Some people like Pepsi, some like Coke. Same goes for WoW tools : )

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Back in Wrath, Simcraft had a terrible reputation and was complete crap. Part of the reason was that they did not have a DK and were pretty clueless about our mechanics.
    Many of the bugs have been fixed in Cata but rebuilding a reputation is tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

What do u think about Mr robot I use it all the time but it puts me low on exp. And hit some times but yea I will try yours out

So um, where's this beta version?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post

Considering one of those isn't supported anymore, and the other is updated, at least on the DK side, fairly often... I'm just going to stick with Simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    So um, where's this beta version?
    From his youtube account on this video:
    Hey guys. I plan on having my sim downloadable on Tuesday night (Feb. 7). Now that my megaupload account doesn't exist anymore I do have to find a place where everyone can dl it from. Please feel free to email me any suggestions
    So hopefully it should be up tonight/tomorrow. I've been excited for this ever since he first posted about it on the WoW forums a while back.

So, um, how do you start a death knight simulator project before death knights were announced?

EDIT: sorry read the description:P
    Last edited by arons4; 2012-02-07 at 04:24 PM.

Hopefully available tomorrow night for dl : )

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    So, um, how do you start a death knight simulator project before death knights were announced?

EDIT: sorry read the description:P
    lol that's what I said. I meant to say I started it during the Burning Crusade /doh!

Well the good news is that I believe I've found someone to host my program. I am waiting to hear back from the GM of <Lzuhura> on my server. Unfortunately it won't be available for download tonight but hopefully tomorrow : )

Ramsay-DK is ready for beta test download

Finally here is the download link:

mylzh.net/downloads/Ramsay-DK.*rar

I hope you enjoy it!

Chef Ramsay

Make sure there is no "*" before ".rar" if copying and pasting.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 10:02 PM ----------

Very important!!!!!!!!!!! You must put the folder in your c: Directory or change where the program points to within openoffice if you know how to do that.
    Last edited by beasts; 2012-02-10 at 01:30 AM.