Deleted

level 50 pvp bracket

Something really needs to be done here. To give an idea what im on about

game starts> game will end in 120 seconds due to blah blah blah

game stars> opposite team get first base/ball/door>several people insta leave > game will end in....

and this happens over and over and over. atm there is no punishment for just insta quitting if the start of the wz isnt favourable. And no, "new ppl join" is not an answer as they spawn out of combat and away from everything that's happening meaning that you cant even defend your objective with the two remaining people who are not dead/new joiners leading to just as fast a loss.

Some sort of deserter buff really needs to be stuck in to try and deter this

Get some people to PVP with you. I know that's a cut and paste type answer but its better than going solo. Don't need a guild, don't need a set team. I was going in solo, found a good healer to protect and after we dominated the game asked if he wanted to team up and que for more together. Makes a HUGE difference.

I find solo PVP to be either very easy or extremely frustrating with the rare close match in-between.

That's not really a solution.

I do agree with the OP that there needs to be a deserter debuff put in the game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

I do agree with the OP that there needs to be a deserter debuff put in the game.
    That's too bad for you that you don't feel that way but guess what, if they add a deserter debuff (and I agree that they should) then instead of people dropping after the first mishap you will have internet tough guys and basement virgins QQing in op chat about how everyone but them is terrible and needs to l2p while they sit in the corner and do nothing.

There is no "solution" to duchebaggery in WZs.

IMO the best thing you can do outside of having a solid team is have a few buddies that you know you can count on to at least try to accomplish WZ objectives with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

Agreed, blew my mind when I found out I could keep leaving the WZ until I got Huttball.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    That's too bad for you that you don't feel that way but guess what, if they add a deserter debuff (and I agree that they should) then instead of people dropping after the first mishap you will have internet tough guys and basement virgins QQing in op chat about how everyone but them is terrible and needs to l2p while they sit in the corner and do nothing.
    An asshole is better than an empty slot in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    An asshole is better than an empty slot in the group.
    Not when they are sitting there doing nothing "in protest of the other noobs" hoping it will end the match quicker. I'd rather have an empty slot - at least its quiet.

And as I said earlier, I agree there should be a deserter type penalty to keep people in WZs.

Deleted
    Get some people to PVP with you. I know that's a cut and paste type answer but its better than going solo. Don't need a guild, don't need a set team. I was going in solo, found a good healer to protect and after we dominated the game asked if he wanted to team up and que for more together. Makes a HUGE difference.

I find solo PVP to be either very easy or extremely frustrating with the rare close match in-between.
    Not when they are sitting there doing nothing "in protest of the other noobs" hoping it will end the match quicker. I'd rather have an empty slot - at least its quiet.

And as I said earlier, I agree there should be a deserter type penalty to keep people in WZs.
    unfortunately half of my usual pvp team is not on-line today. But it still doesn't solve the issue. 4 people cannot win a warzone on their own. doesn't matter what, you do it wont. Especially considering the glaring class balance issues and lack of survivability of some classes vs the near immortality at times of others.

If someone just afks and does nothing they can be reported and will soon get what they deserve. allowing people to just leave whenever they want can really screw a whole match up. Especially considering BioWares hard line stance against douchery (made up word ftw)

15min warzone lockout would help this issue a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Something really needs to be done here. To give an idea what im on about

game starts> game will end in 120 seconds due to blah blah blah

game stars> opposite team get first base/ball/door>several people insta leave > game will end in....

and this happens over and over and over. atm there is no punishment for just insta quitting if the start of the wz isnt favourable. And no, "new ppl join" is not an answer as they spawn out of combat and away from everything that's happening meaning that you cant even defend your objective with the two remaining people who are not dead/new joiners leading to just as fast a loss.

Some sort of deserter buff really needs to be stuck in to try and deter this
    A deserter debuff wouldn't help that much, since then you will people who would normally leave and open a spot for someone else just sit around and bitch about moan that the team sucks etc etc.

I will agree that it sucks when people leave, but it is the nature of people not the game itself. I usually try to pvp with guildies or if I find some people in a match, ask to join up with them and usually have a better experience because of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    A deserter debuff wouldn't help that much, since then you will people who would normally leave and open a spot for someone else just sit around and bitch about moan that the team sucks etc etc.

I will agree that it sucks when people leave, but it is the nature of people not the game itself. I usually try to pvp with guildies or if I find some people in a match, ask to join up with them and usually have a better experience because of it
    yet you can only join as 4. so the issue isn't resolved. Also considering pvp is server specific the people whod sit their and bitch and moan would soon get a reputation that they probably dont want

I agree about a lockout. People are less likely to drop out if they have to do nothing for 15 min before requeuing.
    There also needs to be something done about afkers. Im on sith meditation sphere and there is a guy that is so well known as an afker we use his name when talking about other afkers. "great looks like we have and Enon."

Enon, we hate you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could try having you actually lose valor or commendations for leaving a warzone. Make it a really tough choice. It wouldn't stop whiners from QQing in op chat about everyone sucking but it would probably work out better than a debuff.

They could try having you actually lose valor or commendations for leaving a warzone. Make it a really tough choice. It wouldn't stop whiners from QQing in op chat about everyone sucking but it would probably work out better than a debuff.
    That might be an option, however there are certain times where I want to leave a game just based on who I am playing. On my server there is a guild which are all Battlemasters (who probably farmed it in Ilum, because they are cool like that...) so it is pretty pointless to play against them because even with 4 Republic attacking them it takes forever to kill them. I would much rather leave leave then give them free kills.

That might be an option, however there are certain times where I want to leave a game just based on who I am playing. On my server there is a guild which are all Battlemasters (who probably farmed it in Ilum, because they are cool like that...) so it is pretty pointless to play against them because even with 4 Republic attacking them it takes forever to kill them. I would much rather leave leave then give them free kills.
    Which is why there shouldn't be a debuff for leaving. I shouldn't be practically forced to stay in a game and keep getting two shot by full Battlemaster Scoundrels/Commandos, which is practically 70% of the Republic. Should at least be able to keep trying to get a team we have a chance against.

3 shotting battlemasters on my smuggler all day. Just because they farmed a stupid title doesn't mean they're good. Half of them probably aren't even fully centurion geared yet...

My only gripe is the lack of entry gear.

I'm lucky in the sense that I'm with as many premades as I'm against, and I'm also lucky that it isn't just whitewash after whitewash. But I do happen to notice a large protion of enemy players relying on gear to beat people.

I play a Sentinel, was fighting this Sorcerer who seemingly felt confused after I charged his Knockback. He barely won because he had 4k health on me, and good 10% damage reduction and increase.

I currently only have the bracers, and PvP is just becoming a massive pita just getting upto the gear threshold where I can actually kill players without having to put in double the effort to kill them as it takes them to kill me. I like PvP being a challenge but when gear is the issue, and not the players, it's just like "Oh ffs this again".

And to the OP, I've only had one game cancelled. I'll put that down to it being anti-social hours for EU more than anything.