But I guess I'm just normal.
    The bronie has spoken!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigoki View Post
    The bronie has spoken!
    Fear me. Rawr.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 lock as this will turn into a dubstep bashing thread.

OT: I loved the original, and this was funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Yea pretty much. Robots are really the one thing that dubstep is made for.

Me too, but this video is just one of the worst things ever created. 8 year old, singing rock, remixed with dubstep. Terrible.

It's videos like these that makes the internet an unhappy place. The "WTF Humanity" is how this is allowed, attempting to sing like an adult. But when they try to act like an adult with their brand new smart phone, make up, short ass dress, and talking like they're 21. Adults just act surprised and wonder why kids doing such things. I wonder....that's "wtf humanity".

Dubstep is the evil cousin of Pop. They're even starting to play Dubstep on the more popular radio stations now...Justin Bieber I could see why little girls would like him and "his music" but dubstep, just failing to see it.
    Slim Shady sucked, glad he moved on from that and just decided to rap.
    Definitely not made for humans. Whatever happened to great music? Music that had meaning, music that had a purpose. When people loved an artist, bought their album, and loved every single song, not just the popular hits. Guess those days are over. Or people are just losing touch of what real music is and decide to listen to whatever high school kids find awesome now so they can be awesome, too.

/hater hating
    /opinion
    Your entire argument can be dismantled by one notion;

Listening to one genre of music does not preclude you from listening to others. Music does still have meaning and purpose, and party music (which is what dubstep is at its core) has always been less about the woes of life. Just because someone listens to dubstep does not mean that they do not listen to and enjoy other, 'deeper' genres.

1940s:

1950s:

1960s:

1970s:

I could do more, but the point is...popular music being mostly devoid of depth or meaning is not new, and is not a sign of culture failing (or even changing.) Society was singing about alcohol and dancing for as long as song, dance, and alcohol have all existed.

Now, you might argue that there's that whole 'exploitative' thing about an 8 year old making a music video (which is actually just a comedy thing anyway), but to that I respond with...the entire childhood career of Shirley Temple.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2012-01-22 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Its a little kid having fun, and then it got remixed as per usual. Probably some nice father/daughter time, oh gee, the humanity!

Indeed, why all the hate on dubstep? It can be pretty awesome. Not saying all songs are..

15+ Year Old Account
    The original was better imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of anger a joke viral video invokes on self-righteous "bronies" is outstanding.
    Also, my 2cents for the dub-ponies debate.
    If you walk up to a person your own age and go "Sup! Into dub/DnB/house?" you won't get laughed at (mostly)
    If you walk up to a person your own age and go "Sup! Into My Little Ponies?" you will get laughed at, because it isn't freaking normal for a grown man to touch himself so vigorously over a show who's ideal demograph is a 5 year old girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Still a better story than Twilight.
    Still funnier than Big Bang Theory.
    It's a TV show, made for humans, from humans, and a human likes it, I don't see where you're attempting to go with it.
    You are hilarious. I mean that. But onwards, I fail to see the problem with the problem with a kid "acting like this" - was she doing anything offensive? She was singing and jumping around to a song, am I missing something blatantly obvious? Is she naked? Semi-naked? Why the hell would the video be made for pedophiles? Jesus Christ, I'm the first person to jump in on it when a kid's body is being exploited in order to obtain... Anything, and this video does not bother me in slightest.

Either way, the non-dubstep version was more amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    am I missing something blatantly obvious? Is she naked? Semi-naked? Why the hell would the video be made for pedophiles?
    This is what happens when media indoctrinates people to think in certain ways.

Anyway, ontopic: Both were just annoying. I don't understand this thing with adding kids and people thinking it's hilarious/awesome.