Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I've been told that the game has no quests, but dynamic events.

    Now we find out that dynamic events will not be always available, and you will have to get money and karma by doing simple old-style kill/activate N (what will be N?) quests anyway. Static and perpetual quests, by the way. I believe if they made this announcement in 2010, instead of now, the hype level for the game would be lower. I'll be looking forward for other new things that will turn 'well-forgotten' old ones with unsubstantial changes.

    And seriously, having new vendors spread around the map?

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I've been told that the game has no quests, but dynamic events.

    Now we find out that dynamic events will not be always available, and you will have to get money and karma by doing simple old-style kill/activate N (what will be N?) quests anyway. Static and perpetual quests, by the way. I believe if they made this announcement in 2010, instead of now, the hype level for the game would be lower. I'll be looking forward for other new things that will turn 'well-forgotten' old ones with unsubstantial changes.

    And seriously, having new vendors spread around the map?
    Tackhisis trolling again
    these activities are still no simple quests you know from other games. There is a progress bar at each of those NPCs and you can do several activities to fill those hearts.
    -) kill 2 or 3 bandits
    -) then extinquish some fires
    -) feed cows
    -) water plants
    -) do dynamic events nearby
    ...
    all those fill these heart. So you can choose what you wanna do.

    You should read the article, it becomes pretty clear what the difference is to WoW-quests. But we all know you don't do things like reading ^^
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-21 at 11:33 AM.

  3. #23
    Choose from some stupid activities? And where you got this "2-3" numbers from? Also note, that this renown level is personal and you will have to do each objective for quest all by yourself. How that will be different or more interesting that any other 'kill 10 worms' or 'gather 8 crops' quest we find elsewhere? They don't even have a story or consequences behind them, as these quests are available all the time.

    Infraction for Trolling
    Last edited by Bloodhunter; 2012-01-21 at 09:59 PM.

  4. #24
    Sigh looks like our resident forum troll is off his posting vacation again. Good grief tackhisis just give it up already, we all know you'll complain on any topic relating to GW2 and earn another ban within days of your last one expiring. Can't you just skip the trolling for a change and pretend your quota has been met already?

    Who is John Galt?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Choose from some stupid activities? And where you got this "2-3" numbers from? Also note, that this renown level is personal and you will have to do each objective for quest all by yourself. How that will be different or more interesting that any other 'kill 10 worms' or 'gather 8 crops' quest we find elsewhere? They don't even have a story or consequences behind them, as these quests are available all the time.
    Seriously, are you a developer for a competing game or something? Or an anti-computer game watchdog?
    What honestly is the point in disseminating such misniformation? You're clearly intelligent enough to understand the intention of the developers; why then just choose to so blatantly ignore and counter them?
    I'm actually interested on a scientific and psychological level. As your not here to really talk about the game, maybe we can help you resolve your obsession with trolling?
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-21 at 12:45 PM.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Choose from some stupid activities? And where you got this "2-3" numbers from? Also note, that this renown level is personal and you will have to do each objective for quest all by yourself. How that will be different or more interesting that any other 'kill 10 worms' or 'gather 8 crops' quest we find elsewhere? They don't even have a story or consequences behind them, as these quests are available all the time.
    the numbers are depending on what the player likes to do

    somone who enjoys killing things plays these activities this way:
    -) kill bandits as long as they attack the farm (it may be 15 or 20 or more)
    -) kill the worms which destroy the crops
    -) ignore the rest

    someone who enjoys doing a lot of activities
    -) kill 2-3 bandits
    -) put out some fires
    -) water 2-3 plants
    -) feed 2-3 cows
    -) kill 2-3 worms
    -) participate in an event nearby

    someone who dislikes killing:
    -) feed 5 cows
    -) water 6 plants
    -) put out 4 fires
    etc. etc.

    all those different ways achieve the same thing, filling the heart in a way you want to play the game. You don't have to do what you don't like.

  7. #27
    Damn this game, it's making me want it more and more.

    It's been a long time since a new MMO got me excited, so hopefully we'll see a GW2 release before 2013!

    Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Sigh looks like our resident forum troll is off his posting vacation again. Good grief tackhisis just give it up already, we all know you'll complain on any topic relating to GW2 and earn another ban within days of your last one expiring. Can't you just skip the trolling for a change and pretend your quota has been met already?
    I'd honestly just advice to just ignore him. There's even a function for that on MMO-Champ. By giving him attention you're just feeding the troll.

    @Tackhisis: I'm sure you feel strongly about it, but try and make your point without attacking the subject. Politely telling why you don't like this idea might go over better. We're not going to vote who's becoming King of the Internet over this, so no need for that kind of rhetoric.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,892
    I forgot: and they have a consequence, when the heart is full the NPC will remember you. Each time you come by the farm he will be happy to see you and he will offer you something. It's all in the article.

    He might:
    -) sell you a recipe (pumpkin-soup)
    -) sell you food for buffs
    -) sell you a lore book which you can take with you, read it if you like and learn from the lore in this area.
    etc.

    He might also talk more freely with you about interesting stuff... so:
    yes, there are storyelements too.

  10. #30
    This is so awesome and sounds really interesting.

    Thanks
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Kingdom hearts! I'll have its power!



    Know that feeling, had the same with FFXII. I didn't dislike the game mechanics, but I thought the characters(except Balthier) were so boring. I just got bored. Now that my PS2 is broken, I kinda regret only finishing the game once and that's not even collecting most of the espers/marks. Oh well, one day I'll have a computer that can emulate it without the lag.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 09:57 AM ----------



    His music theme <3

    Well they did a update recently to the emulator and it literally runs FFXII about 30% faster now, so if you were around 40-50 fps you should be good to go now.


    (Update was semi-multicore support)
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

    It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

  12. #32
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Well they did a update recently to the emulator and it literally runs FFXII about 30% faster now, so if you were around 40-50 fps you should be good to go now.


    (Update was semi-multicore support)
    Problem is, I have about 45 FPS now so I don't know what I would have had with the old version. Unfortunately, that's what you get when playing on a laptop that's 3 years old. It misses that processor power to push it beyond laggy, into enjoyable.
    Last edited by Vewen; 2012-01-21 at 06:08 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I've been told that the game has no quests, but dynamic events.

    Now we find out that dynamic events will not be always available, and you will have to get money and karma by doing simple old-style kill/activate N (what will be N?) quests anyway. Static and perpetual quests, by the way. I believe if they made this announcement in 2010, instead of now, the hype level for the game would be lower. I'll be looking forward for other new things that will turn 'well-forgotten' old ones with unsubstantial changes.

    And seriously, having new vendors spread around the map?
    Wait... you expect dynamic events... to always be available?

    <mindisfulloffuck.jpg>

    That's the whole POINT of dynamic events..... they're... *wait for it*... DYNAMIC! How would, say, an event of gnolls raiding a farm be dynamic if it's ALWAYS HAPPENING? If that were the case, it would just be gnolls raiding a farm 24/7. Nothing dynamic about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I'd honestly just advice to just ignore him. There's even a function for that on MMO-Champ. By giving him attention you're just feeding the troll.
    I know and he is. sadly the ignore feature does not block the people quoting him nor the wall of "This message is hidden because Tackhisis is on your ignore list. " he generates. Just my frustration geting to me that made me reply I'll try to refrain. I was kinda hopeing he'd be gone longer due to his repeat offenses.

    Who is John Galt?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Wait... you expect dynamic events... to always be available?

    <mindisfulloffuck.jpg>

    That's the whole POINT of dynamic events..... they're... *wait for it*... DYNAMIC! How would, say, an event of gnolls raiding a farm be dynamic if it's ALWAYS HAPPENING? If that were the case, it would just be gnolls raiding a farm 24/7. Nothing dynamic about that.
    Good that you corrected him, though... He's a troll that comes back after every single ban. Just ignore him

  16. #36
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,892
    the problem is: people who don't know anything about gw1 or 2 can't see the troll. They believe his statements and I can't live with not correcting this bs. There should be a clear notification on someones avatar if he has been banned yet (and in which subforum).

    imho "ignore" is not a real option

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    the problem is: people who don't know anything about gw1 or 2 can't see the troll. They believe his statements and I can't live with not correcting this bs. There should be a clear notification on someones avatar if he has been banned yet (and in which subforum).

    imho "ignore" is not a real option
    True that, and the idea of making something showing that he has been banned was a great idea. Should be implemented right away.
    I might be a bit naive but I think that most people that really wants to check GW2 out for sure starts out with "everything about GW2"-thread. At least I hope they do... Becouse it's so god damn great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •