Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    These sound great on paper. But I really wonder how often they're gonna get used by the average player.
    As often as the average player uses them. That's exactly how often.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  2. #22
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    These sound great on paper. But I really wonder how often they're gonna get used by the average player.
    Combos are not compulsory, they aren't more powerful than the actual skills that does the same thing. What they do: they give you more options and let you compensate the lack of skills you brought along. This is what differentiates good players from bad players... if they see an opener, the good players throw in a finisher and support the group this way.

    e.g. a very damage-oriented thief-player can react to the situation and throw in some support-combo-heals.

  3. #23
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Combos are not compulsory, they aren't more powerful than the actual skills that does the same thing. What they do: they give you more options and let you compensate the lack of skills you brought along. This is what differentiates good players from bad players... if they see an opener, the good players throw in a finisher and support the group this way.
    I think they'll become a bigger deal in some of the more difficult content, as they allow you to do extra within the same time period (time seeming to be the limiting factor in most situations due to cooldowns).
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    take a look at the blogpost again:

    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

    I would like to see you reacting to a launch fast enough to do a specific finisher in time... this launch-impale was only an example in wich direction they tried to go, but they could only work on this properly when most of the skills/classes were finished:


    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters
    to be fair i was the ranger interrupter in our GVG's nailing mesmers with quarter casts :|

    plus it also depends on how high you knock them

    EDIT: in addition i think those kind of combos make more sense than some of the AOE initiated ones, like knockbacking someone who has been launched ala Mass effect's lift push/pull combos...which would be REALLY bad ass to see in a fight... a huge charr flying across my screen
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-01-21 at 12:06 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Combos are not compulsory, they aren't more powerful than the actual skills that does the same thing. What they do: they give you more options and let you compensate the lack of skills you brought along. This is what differentiates good players from bad players... if they see an opener, the good players throw in a finisher and support the group this way.

    e.g. a very damage-oriented thief-player can react to the situation and throw in some support-combo-heals.
    Exactly my thoughts on the quote there.

  6. #26
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,559
    These sound so awesome. Can't wait to experiment with all the different combinations.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  7. #27
    They all sound amazing.

    In PvE and PvP it adds a whole other level of awareness that the best players will need to have. Playing with friends is going to be awesome for discovering new combinations.

    I'm so psyched to goof around with my friends on a mesmer. *note to self, must find ranger friend for PvP.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    They all sound amazing.

    In PvE and PvP it adds a whole other level of awareness that the best players will need to have. Playing with friends is going to be awesome for discovering new combinations.

    I'm so psyched to goof around with my friends on a mesmer. *note to self, must find ranger friend for PvP.
    chaos bullets > chaos arrow =o
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  9. #29
    I'm very excited about this. Reminds me of FFXI and even Chrono Trigger. /memories

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Some of these make a lot of sense, like shooting through chaos storm causing confusion.

    Some make little sense, like healing bullets... that don't heal targets. Of course, since you can't target friendlies, that's about the only way for healing to work, but it still feels a bit wacky.
    "These healing projectiles grants an area-of-effect heal to any allies that are attacking the thief's target." I read that as the bullets hit the enemy and upon impact it heals everyone nearby that enemy. Think of it as a splash/explosion. It's not like the bullets are healing allies as they fly through your buddies...lol

  11. #31
    I can almost see them when I close my eyes...
    Awesomesauce.

  12. #32
    I wonder if the npcs could have their own combos to work against you.

  13. #33
    I wouldn't be surprised if they could.

  14. #34
    Well I know they can kite you, dodge, swap weapons, and probably other similar stuff that players can do.

  15. #35
    Does anyone know if a dagger thief can throw their dagger through different fields to have healing, fire damage, ice damage etc? I am sure it does but it seems like bullets and arrows are always used in those examples.

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Does anyone know if a dagger thief can throw their dagger through different fields to have healing, fire damage, ice damage etc? I am sure it does but it seems like bullets and arrows are always used in those examples.
    If it can be a projectile, it can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  17. #37
    really looking forward to this system, reminds me of chaining attacks in FFXI which was lots of fun

  18. #38
    The Patient Silza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    337
    I wonder how many combinations will be in the game upon release. Gonna be a lot of fun to find them out while playing...just tripping over new combinations.

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    to be fair i was the ranger interrupter in our GVG's nailing mesmers with quarter casts :|

    plus it also depends on how high you knock them

    EDIT: in addition i think those kind of combos make more sense than some of the AOE initiated ones, like knockbacking someone who has been launched ala Mass effect's lift push/pull combos...which would be REALLY bad ass to see in a fight... a huge charr flying across my screen
    Just pointing this out... the interview never said they took away the launch and it was actually a spike not an impale.... The example they gave was a warrior launched the enemy into the air and spiked him into the floor with a bolt of lightning....

    And i kinda disagree i see a lot of the "lay down aoes and do something on said aoe" as being a fairly "realistic" way of doing them. The healing ones not as much, but all the others make plenty of sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Just pointing this out... the interview never said they took away the launch and it was actually a spike not an impale.... The example they gave was a warrior launched the enemy into the air and spiked him into the floor with a bolt of lightning....

    And i kinda disagree i see a lot of the "lay down aoes and do something on said aoe" as being a fairly "realistic" way of doing them. The healing ones not as much, but all the others make plenty of sense to me.
    i never said they were less realistic. some of the aoe based combos arent as intuitive as some combos that would be single target based
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •