Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I would like to use Holy pve, Disc pve, Disc pvp, Shadow pve. But I have to run with first two because I'm very lazy to endlesly respecing and changing addons/bars etc, because it takes too much time for me.

  2. #22
    Support.

    As a DK, i want:

    - Blood spec for heroic raiding with lichborn (aka 6 points in frost tree)
    - Blood spec for heroic raiding without lichborn (aka 0 points in frost tree)
    - Frost spec for heroic raiding
    - Unholy spec for trolling and messing about with voice of the deeps
    - Blood spec for trolling bg's

    So i need... quint-spec? Or how do you say that?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Well half of the problem is gone in mists. With how talents work you get all the stuff when you pick your main spec then you can swap around the other 6 talent points whenever. At least thats what they said.

    So you dont have to worry about a shadow pvp spec and a shadow pve spec, just swap the 6 talent points around and your good. Im not sure how glyphs will change with mists though =/
    Which is a major part of the problem gone.
    The main issue is that there are two types of content, which even as the same spec will require different talents and glyphs, and require a visit to the trainer.
    At least with the talents being something you can change on a more frequent basis, then that would only require potentially a change to the glyphs.
    As for how much they would need changed remains to be seen, since we could see a quite a shake up there too.

    Which leaves the only main arguement as being for multiple roles, something which removes all need to make a choice.

    I agree with blizzard on that much, that a player should choose some degree of specialisation, rather than being everything all the time.

  4. #24
    Suck it up and understand that part of picking your specialization is just that, picking it. Realize that you WILL have to make decisions in WoW and you CAN'T have it all.

    Don't like that answer? Fine, try this one. The OP designed this thread with Hybrid classes in mind. And the only way I would even think about agreeing to the concept of tre/quad hybrid specs would be if Blizzard brought back Hybrid Tax as well, nerfing Hybrid DPS to compensate for giving them additional specs.

    Still aren't happy? Blizzard has taken steps AWAY from the concept of tri-spec's by saying it won't happen.

    Still aren't happy? Hybrids can have their tri/quad specs when all "Pure DPS" gain a healing/tanking spec and become Hybrids.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Suck it up and understand that part of picking your specialization is just that, picking it. Realize that you WILL have to make decisions in WoW and you CAN'T have it all.
    Kind of like how vanilla players had to suck it up and deal with having only one spec, and then they added dual spec? No reason they can't go to tripple-spec in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Don't like that answer? Fine, try this one. The OP designed this thread with Hybrid classes in mind. And the only way I would even think about agreeing to the concept of tre/quad hybrid specs would be if Blizzard brought back Hybrid Tax as well, nerfing Hybrid DPS to compensate for giving them additional specs.
    The sand in your vagina is making so much noise i can't hear the music i'm playing anymore If you want to be first on dps lists, learn to play your class better. It's already bad enough that pures can only dps and are never able to play the more important&difficult roles of tanks&healers, if anything PURES are the ones who should have a dps tax for being so limited in what they can do for a raid and only having to learn one role per fight (and often one spec aswell).

    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Still aren't happy? Blizzard has taken steps AWAY from the concept of tri-spec's by saying it won't happen.
    That's not taking steps away from it. Just because blizzard denies something, doesn't say anything at all tbh. There's a pretty good chance it will get introduced in MOP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Still aren't happy? Hybrids can have their tri/quad specs when all "Pure DPS" gain a healing/tanking spec and become Hybrids.
    You already can; it's called re-rolling into a class that can help carry raids instead of being a herp-derp one-in-a-dozen-pure.

    Tnx for your awesome contribution tho.

  6. #26
    I dont mind triple spec at all, or dual spec and a dedicated pvp spec could work.
    Atm i just pvp in Pve spec as disc and it works, less so in arena's tho but not playing them atm.

    Triple spec would be usefull for all 3 tree's same for all classes tho.
    Or a dual with a dedicated pvp spec would be handy, save alot of respeccing each week.

    But than again, i dont mind respeccing i just dont bother anymore since i dont have a steady/proper arena buddy.
    as long as it isnt needed during a raid, cuz thats just a waste of time.

    Sig made by Resentful

  7. #27
    Their reasons for not wanting to have 3 or more talent spec are just as stupid and weak as they were for other similar things in the past (no pve to pvp transfers, no faction changes etc.) and I am sure they eventually will give away

    seriously there is really no good reason not to have a lot more specs available for use unless of course it requires a lot of developer time...but I kind of doubt that since it seems it would only be an extension to an already existing system

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    No it wouldn't be. The point is that you should think about what spec you want, it should be an important choise, not just a 'minor thing'.
    regardless of the arbitrary reasoning behind your choice, it is, in fact, "just a minor thing".

    I change my spec when I want, at will. 66 gold? psh. Who gives a fuck about 66 gold? I make that every time that I run a heroic. Which, if you have 8 level 85 characters, is a whole lot of heroics. 66 gold is nothing, and is probably the last thing I even think about when the topic of changing my spec arises.

    I also really hate having to change my actionbars, but that is Blizzard for you. "lets be inefficient. for teh lulz".
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Wargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere inbetween Arizona and Azeroth.
    Posts
    504
    I want tri spec because I have different set ups for my action bars for each spec, even if i can respec on the fly(which would be awesome) it would still be annoying to have to hunt down and switch out the abilities for some classes, maybe rogues/priests/hunters not so much, but shaman/mages/druids could be a lot more annoying, since a lot of your spells abilities would have to be swapped. Having 3 saved talent specs instead of just allowing respecs from anywhere would allow me to at least save my 3 set ups.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •