Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vaynes passive, 5% of your hp gone on every 3rd shot no matter what your hp is. (coming from a vayne player)

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Vaynes passive, 5% of your hp gone on every 3rd shot no matter what your hp is. (coming from a vayne player)
    In fact, it's probably closer to 10% of someone's health. From the wiki: Base True Damage: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 + Max Health to Damage Ratio: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 %. I also think this is the most powerful non-ultimate ability, it just ravages tanks and everyone else too actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    In fact, it's probably closer to 10% of someone's health. From the wiki: Base True Damage: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 + Max Health to Damage Ratio: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 %. I also think this is the most powerful non-ultimate ability, it just ravages tanks and everyone else too actually.
    Yep, and i pair it with bloodrazor + other AS and AD items. i killed a eve, volibear, and tryndamere solo on 3's with R and Surge up.

2.1 AS towards end so that means i proc W every 1.5 secs + bloodrazor doing 2.5% per shot so that's like 15.5% HP every 1.5 secs lol + whatever extra damage, think my damage with my build is like 300+.
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-01-21 at 02:22 PM.

I still think the vayne nerfs in the most recent patch totally did everything wrong, i don't think her speed was the problem, but the silver bolts. Still baffles me how that was the only thing they didn't nerf >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    any long ranged poke with an efficient mana cost based on the character imo. i play ezreal often so you should get what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Deleted
    Parrley.
    If GP buys brawlers gloves as 1st item and rng god shits in your face, you got less then 50% hp before you get 1st creepkill. It happened to me yesterday, not cool. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    any long ranged poke with an efficient mana cost based on the character imo. i play ezreal often so you should get what I mean.
    I never quite got this one.
    sure ezreal has magical range and damage on his harass but it's oh so easy to just stay behind your minions the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Parrley.
    If GP buys brawlers gloves as 1st item and rng god shits in your face, you got less then 50% hp before you get 1st creepkill. It happened to me yesterday, not cool. D:
    In fact, the best way to build a Gangplank is to start off with a Sheen as your first item.

You aren't relying on auto-attacks much in the early game to beat people back OR to farm last-hits. You usually Parrrley things in the face. Sheen guarantees that every Parrrley you use will be double damage, effectively the same amount of damage as a crit without +crit damage multiplying runes/items. The extra mana will also allow you to have more wiggle room for using abilities freely.

The best part is how this will eventually tie in to your build. Consider this:

At level 18, the base damage of your Parrrley is 120 + (1.0 per attack damage)
    With only an IE and a Trinity Force as damage items, this becomes about 235 damage, baseline
    -On a critical strike, 235 becomes 587.5 damage
    -With the Trinity Force buff, 587.5 becomes 1468.75 damage

This is how you see Gangplank dishing out so very, very much damage. Nearly 1500 damage (before reduction) with an ability that only has a 5 second cooldown is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say Rocket Grab. Urgot's Ultimate, only instant, uncleansable, and doesn't put Blitz in likely danger. (And it isn't blocked simply by -snaring- him) Plus it actually does damage.

Warwick's Q.... 20% of MAXIMUM HEALTH + 75% of that going into a heal... also it's magic damage so no one is going to build against you directly as you are an AD Champion
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrilshotgun View Post
    I'm going to say Rocket Grab. Urgot's Ultimate, only instant, uncleansable, and doesn't put Blitz in likely danger. (And it isn't blocked simply by -snaring- him) Plus it actually does damage.
    Being a skill shot, Rocket Grab is one of those things I really only worry about when I'm either playing a slow champion, or the enemy's Blitzcrank has proven to be really good.

I think Expunge fits into this thread pretty damn well. It's bad enough that Twitch always - ALWAYS shows up at the exact moment you're hoping he won't. But if you manage to actually escape a Twitch gank, you still have a 500-or-so magic damage nuke to worry about. And it's AoE. And it's non-targeted. And it has a ridiculous range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galio's Bulwark. I've saved many a player and myself simply by throwing that on them to let them get that extra armor/mr to live long enough to escape or let them live

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Condemn.
    Is there really anything more aggravating than being an AD carry and dying in a condemn stun?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Twitch's Stealth.

Trololol
    Me at the shop, "Well hello there Oracles elixir, have we met?"
    Oracle says, "Yes indeed we have, i've been inside of you every single time a sneaky rat is on the loose."
    Me, "Well blow me down, your right, and i believe that you've fixed my problem every single time! Thank you oracle's, you're the best!!"

On a serious note, LeBlanc's distortion is pretty god damn powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    In fact, the best way to build a Gangplank is to start off with a Sheen as your first item.

You aren't relying on auto-attacks much in the early game to beat people back OR to farm last-hits. You usually Parrrley things in the face. Sheen guarantees that every Parrrley you use will be double damage, effectively the same amount of damage as a crit without +crit damage multiplying runes/items. The extra mana will also allow you to have more wiggle room for using abilities freely.

The best part is how this will eventually tie in to your build. Consider this:

At level 18, the base damage of your Parrrley is 120 + (1.0 per attack damage)
    With only an IE and a Trinity Force as damage items, this becomes about 235 damage, baseline
    -On a critical strike, 235 becomes 587.5 damage
    -With the Trinity Force buff, 587.5 becomes 1468.75 damage

This is how you see Gangplank dishing out so very, very much damage. Nearly 1500 damage (before reduction) with an ability that only has a 5 second cooldown is ridiculous.
    Your math on Trinity Force is incorrect. The buff doesn't give +150% damage. It's 150% of your base attack damage. Base attack damage is just your AD from leveling up. Runes, masteries, items, and temporary buffs don't count. And that bonus damage can't crit. It's still quite powerful, but no 1500+ damage with 2-3 items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Your math on Trinity Force is incorrect. The buff doesn't give +150% damage. It's 150% of your base attack damage. Base attack damage is just your AD from leveling up. Runes, masteries, items, and temporary buffs don't count. And that bonus damage can't crit. It's still quite powerful, but no 1500+ damage with 2-3 items.
    Test it in-game then, buddy. Then eat your words.

Surprised I'm not seeing more PARRRLEY.

Test it in-game then, buddy. Then eat your words.
    Two things. One, I have, quite often. And two, http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_Force

"Unique: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 150% of your base Attack Damage. 2 second cooldown. Does not stack with Sheen or Lich Bane." My own testing, the wiki, and the tooltip all agree with me.

I've built full glass canon GP plenty of times, and with a tri force, IE, LW, a 20 stack sword of the occult, a full stack bloodthirster, Baron buff, a red elixir, and full armor pen runes, it crits for around 1200-1500 on a caster minion. With that much AD, using your math, parley would crit for over 3k on a caster minion. Unpossible.

Edit: Wait, no, I'm retarded. I only counted parley's scaling. I forgot about the base entirely. So throw in another 120 damage +damage increasing multipliers.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-01-22 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Stuff.
    Rattling off item names and "1200-1500" as your numerical evidence isn't really countering my statement at all.

And the math I used "was" off, I admit that part. The way it would actually work with Parrrley would be (at skill level 5) :

((120 + x) ^ 2.5) + (x^2.5)

x being your base attack damage, and the first "2.5" being your critical damage multiplier, with the second "2.5" being the bonus damage from TF. "150% of your attack damage" as extra damage means 250% of your weapon damage. It just isn't applied into the amount being multiplied by critical damage modifiers.

Rattling off item names and "1200-1500" as your numerical evidence isn't really countering my statement at all.

And the math I used "was" off, I admit that part. The way it would actually work with Parrrley would be (at skill level 5) :

((120 + x) ^ 2.5) + (x^2.5)

x being your base attack damage, and the first "2.5" being your critical damage multiplier, with the second "2.5" being the bonus damage from TF. "150% of your attack damage" as extra damage means 250% of your weapon damage. It just isn't applied into the amount being multiplied by critical damage modifiers.
    For starters, by listing off item names, I was just comparing a full AD built GP to a GP with just IE and Tri Force. Second, I don't even know what you mean by "weapon damage." League of Legends does not have weapons, except as part of the character models. And third, you're reading TF wrong. It's not "150% of your attack damage." It's "150% of your base attack damage." The keyword there is base. Base AD for a level 18 GP is 104. TF gives a flat +260 damage boost to parrrley. That 260 is added to parrley's crit damage, but it cannot itself crit. That's of course before factoring in certain things that increase ALL damage, such as dragon buff from twisted treeline, or certain masteries in the offense tree. It's in the tooltip, it's on the wiki, and from what I've seen its how it works in game.

I don't even get how you can argue this. Math doesn't even really have anything to do with the argument, it's purely about how TF works. The only way math even factors into this is that it can be used to perform a test to check that TF is working correctly, which it is.

TF adds base AD, not AD.