Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Denhomle merely gruffed at the comments of the heat. His customers usually did too when they entered his shop, but this*Khorianas elf impressed him slightly. Might just be his warrior training but he doubted it. The heat of a forge, let alone this forge, was not something you got used too overnight. "The door is open behind you." But just as he did Denhomle came to an abrupt stop. Something was off about the stonework ahead of them. "Hold." He bent down and pressed his hand against the floor. "Charles, you said you know traps right? Well get up here." Denhomle seemed a bit worried. It wasn't exactly as elegant as he would of expected from the Maker himself. The coloring was almost 3 shades off. What else is down here.... As Denhomle examined the trap and waited for Charles and little scurrying could be heard down the hall.

((3 pressure plates in a sequence designed to collapse a small section of the tunnel, two on the floor about a foot apart and the third is about 2 feet in front of the others down the hall. They are all connected so if you disarm them out of order you will set off different parts of the trap. The connecting wires and plates are hidden underneath floor and without setting off the traps you can't see how they are interconnected.

Also just remember Denhomle isn't necessarily leading this trip down it's more of a exploration thing being financed by him. So you can move forward as you like. Just staying near the group ensures a nice payday lol.))

This is, crude at best. I could do a better job at hiding this mechanism in the stone. I would bet, the traps are somehow guarded against disarming, nothing else would make any sense. the paladin said while he laid down on the floor of the corridor, inspecting the seam of tbe plate. While detecting a trap is a skill, the Shaper might be more interested in the craft of disarming one. Or we could try to bypass them somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chonar thankfully gave a nod at Charles. "Thanks, Huntson." He wiped his face dry under his helmet with the frostweave. The old thane stood near the back, taking things slowly as the heat bore down on his aging body. When Charles was asked to check for traps, the dwarf said, "Mind if I take th' files I gave ye off yer hands, afore ye go in there?" He chuckled, extending a gauntleted hand.

---

He sat down on an outcropping slab of stone, taking off his helmet and patting down his forehead with the frostweave. "Give th' word when it's safe ta move forward, eh? I'll just be sittin' down 'ere fer a minute."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.