Poll: Should DPS Get role Bonus?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Souldrinker and DPS

Why do DPS get a role bonus on a tanking weapon such as Souldrinker and at the same time why do tanks get a role bonus on Gurthalak?

Flaw in the system. Souldrinker Is BiS for Frost Dk, and maybe SM Fury Warrior as well?

Gurthalak can be rolled on with bonus for a Dk Tank. It's just a flaw in the system if prot warr.or/pally get bonus as well.

Because it's better for DPSers than it is for Tanks? For Frost DKs at least, it's BiS. Tanks don't need a small random heal to live through Dragon Soul, you need to kill things faster.
    To clarify ~ Giving it to a DPS benefits the whole raid more than giving it to a Tank.

As for the Gurthalak, that's just bugged. But I got mine because the DK tank won it and gave it me, so I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-21 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Souldrinker is BiS for Frost Death Knights bro.

Why do tanks get role bonus for the tentacle weapon?
    I don't know.
    Death knights?

Souldrinker is typically looked at as a dps weapon, I'm sorry to say. The heal is so minor (yes, over the course of a fight it's a significant amount), but the damage output is absolutely insane. Also, tanks (death knights) get a role bonus on Gurthalak because it's a two handeded weapon, which is all they use. Just because it's completely trash as a tanking weapon does not mean they aren't allowed to roll on it.

Other than that, this could be chopped down to "LFR loot rules are not great."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    Souldrinker Is BiS for Frost Dk, and maybe SM Fury Warrior as well?
    Who plays SM nowadays?
    P:

Though he's right.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's BiS for Frost DK's so yes in terms of DPS. They can freely roll on it. Believe if the tank wants to tank with a gurthak ( Which he/she shouldn't ) then it can assuming It's a blood DK.

BiS DPS Item.. Should DPS get to roll on it.. er, yes. Researching something before making a pointless post is a hard thing to do !

Why the hell should tanks get a roll bonus on any of the Madness weapons is beyond me...

Why shoud tank get roll bonus on weapon that is clearly way bigger upgrade for frost DK is what i would like to know.
    Ah yeah because prolly some people in wow D team atm, are ............ like OP
    Alot of people in this game still dont understand how gearing work im afraid.
    But yeah tanks geting bonus on 2h weapon, is clearly just laziness of blizz.

Its because the game can't distinguish between specs right now.

Gurthalak is usable by Blood DKS/Unholy DKS/Frost DKS/Arms Warriors/Fury Warriors/Ret Paladins. So it restricts it to those 3 classes, and allows both DPS and tanks to roll on it. While the intention is that the only tanks that can roll on it are blood dks, the system does not work that way, so they have to allow all people who are tanks and a warrior/dk/paladin to roll on it, so prot paladins/prot warriors get roll bonus.

As to why Blood gets a roll bonus on it, I suspect its because no other tank weapon above 378 exists outside of raid. For whatever reason, they removed the 384 2h from Yorsahj/Blackhorn, so while gurthalak isn't too amazing for blood, there are no other 2 handers in lfr for blood dks, which is why its probably allowed for them to roll.

Similar methodology is used for souldrinkers.

lmao Tanking item.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysmo3420 View Post
    Why do DPS get a role bonus on a tanking weapon such as Souldrinker and at the same time why do tanks get a role bonus on Gurthalak?
    Because LFR can only distinguish role, and not the type of role. All it can see is "tank," not "sword+board tank", "2H tank", and "stave tank."

Most 2H weapons are marked as tank so DKs can roll on them. Sadly, this also lets other tanks roll on it too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is the highest Item Level Strength Melee weapon in the game. That makes it BiS for Frost DKs. There is a current discussion about the use of the agility axe that drops off of Madness for Frost DKs because of the proc it has while souldrinker does nothing useful, but right now, Souldrinker is the consensus BiS for Frost DKs.

Deleted
    Also, bare in mind that souldrinker is the only 1handed str weapon in LFR.

Deleted
    Gurthalak for Blood DKs is just lol. It only increases our DPS, no useful tanking stats. That's why I prefered 359 mace from Magmaw until I got the mace from WoE and waiting for the axe to drop..

SD is BiS for Frost DKs

This thread again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elzor View Post
    Gurthalak for Blood DKs is just lol. It only increases our DPS, no useful tanking stats. That's why I prefered 359 mace from Magmaw until I got the mace from WoE and waiting for the axe to drop..

SD is BiS for Frost DKs
    Doesn't really matter if it sucks.
    DK's should still be able to roll on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Doesn't really matter if it sucks.
    DK's should still be able to roll on it.
    It's not a tanking weapon, as it doesnt benefit the DK with any tanking stat.

Souldrinker is tagged STR-DPS (cause of frost dk) and STR-Tank
    Gurthalak is tagged STR-DPS and STR-Tank (cause of blood dk)

Simple as that. The system that is in place cant do a class difference. This will be improved in MoP.

S