Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PTR Patch 1.1.1 Notes

Patch 1.1.1 Notes
    Classes and Combat
    General
    • Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.
    • Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.
    • Players revived by other players, including by in-combat revival abilities, now revive with 25% of maximum health.

Jedi Knight (Forums)
    • Guardian
      • Freezing Force: Now correctly lasts 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).

Jedi Consular (Forums)
    • Sage
      • Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.
      • Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heals all affected targets once when applied.

Smuggler (Forums)
    • Scoundrel
      • Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
      • K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
      • Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent(Forums)
    • Operative
      • Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
      • Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
      • Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Bounty Hunter (Forums)
    • Mercenary
      • Sweeping Blasters can now be made free with Thermal Sensor Override.
    • Powertech
      • Oil Slick now correctly costs no heat to activate.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints
    • Directive 7
      • Bulwark’s Area of Effect cone abilities now properly fire in the direction Bulwark is facing.
      • Some of Bulwark’s abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.
    • The False Emperor
      • Fixed a conversation that could cause the cinematic with Arkis Wode to function incorrectly.
    • The Foundry
      • Fixed an issue that could prevent the final fight in this Flashpoint from beginning after the cinematic.
      • The final boss can no longer become stuck in an invulnerable state; there was still a small window where this could occur.
    • The Red Reaper
      • Lord Kherus now grants less experience.
      • Some of Lord Kherus’s abilities have had their damage values adjusted to be more in line with the level of the Flashpoint.
      • Players now enter into melee range with Lord Kherus in order to stop him from throwing crates.
    Operations
    • Eternity Vault
      • Players no longer randomly die in this Operation after being in Gharj’s lava.
      Karagga’s Palace
      • Foreman Crusher’s enrage now includes a movement speed increase, allowing him to catch players who attempt to run.
      • Fixed an issue that prevented the Materials Disposal Unit’s main control station from becoming useable again after the Operation Group is defeated by the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator on 16-man Hard Mode.
      • Fixed an issue that prevented the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator from deploying the correct number of Proximity Pulse Mines and Security Stun Drones during combat.
      • Karagga no longer snaps up above portions of the walls during combat.
    • Bug Fixes
      • General
        • Fixed an issue that prevented some players in Operations Groups from receiving credit for the missions “[WEEKLY] Deadly Operations,” “[WEEKLY] Galactic Operations,” and “Journey to the Belsavis Depths.” The entire Operations Group now receives credit when the objective is completed.
    Items
    • Bug Fixes
      • Comparative tooltips for researched items no longer have their stats reversed.

Missions and NPCs
    • Missions
      • Imperial
        • Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented Bounty Hunters from leaving The Founder.
        • The Eagle’s Nest: The Assassin’s Fortress mission is now correctly a prerequisite for this mission.
        • The Mandalorian Killer: Thendys Noori no longer continues to heal Kellian Jarro after she has surrendered.
      • Republic
        • Death Spiral: Fixed an issue that prevented Jedi Knights who completed the Commander Rayfel encounter from using the shuttle back to Belsavis Orbital Station.

PvP
    Warzones
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones.

Space Combat
    • General
      • Added two daily mission commendations to the high-level space dailies Operation Ascendant Pride (Imperial) and Operation New Eclipse (Republic).

UI
    • General
      • Attempting to loot an item in a group when the Master Looter is off-planet now generates an error message.
    • Bug Fixes
      • The leader of an Operations Group will no longer receive an incorrect message informing them that their companion has been dismissed.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    • Special items related to different editions of the game have been re
    • sent if they were deleted by the mail system prior to being claimed.
    Last edited by ohnoto; 2012-01-21 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks for posting this here I'm glad they fixed the "YOUR COMPANION HAS BEEN DISMISSED" bug.

Deleted
    seems the delay bug fix is coming next patch.. hope its soon

and thank god the Operative is getting nerfed.

This patch should go in on Tuesday. They seem to be keeping on top of this doing decent sized patches every week and smaller bug patches when needed every few days. They also seemed to figure out the ability delay issue and most of those problems go away next week. Would expect February to be filled with more bug fixes and then finally in March we get our scalable & movable UI. So with in 3 months of launch they should have nearly every major issue players are reporting solved or addressed.

Deleted
    Yey! Finaly IA / Smuggler nerf, but maybe abit much?

IA nerfs are too much. i've already cancelled my sub, and if they dont correct it, i dont think i will be renewing

With these nerfs, Op burst dmg will be on par with mercs and commandos, except for the fact that we can only do it once, from stealth. achieving stealth requires either a 3 min CD, or dying. Meanwhile, mercs sit back and mash one key to pull the same numbers. Lets not forget that autoface does half the work for them.

This is how Op pvp will go

Hidden Strike (2-3k crit on high armor)
    (1.5sec stun if you're stupid enough to actually take the talent), target is on full DR
    Backstab (2-2.5k crit)
    (Debilitate, if you're smart enough to drop Jarring Strikes)
    (Opponent trinkets)
    Opponent knockbacks (no DR on knockbacks, like it matters anyway, one is enough)
    Opponent snares/kites
    You slowly die because you have no gap closer or utility outside of 10yds, unless you use vanish

rinse/repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wick3d View Post
    If it is a bit much I hope that Bioware tweaks it so that it isn't so harsh, scoundrels/operatives are so squishy when you catch them out of stealth
    Last edited by morderith; 2012-01-21 at 10:05 AM.

I feel they need to buff Ops and Scoundrels at other area's. Its a class with extremes on the spectrum, if they come out of stealth full buffed and with adrenals roaring they fuck stuff up. However, after this instant hero-mode, if they are caugth out of stealth or their victim slips away, they are childishly easy to take down.

Nerfing their opening burst was a good step, but they should take off something on the other side aswell. They should be stronger and more viable after or without the stealth.

Also, if the knockdown is only 1.5sec and fills a resolve bar, whats the point? before the gcd ends the target is up, and you cant use any other CC after that? Would be crazy to spec that, it would be gimping yourself if you did. Bad design.

Deleted
    The nerf is fine, IF they buff some defensive cooldowns. Like people are saying the are very squishy if u catch them out of stealth.

The nerf is fine, IF they buff some defensive cooldowns. Like people are saying the are very squishy if u catch them out of stealth.
    And yet, you can get them down to 2 hp, and they just vanish. A free "you lose anyway" button is a pretty powerful defensive cooldown. If IA/Smugs are underpowered after the updates, I imagine BW will fix them. Taking more than half your life in 2 GCDs was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    IA nerfs are too much. i've already cancelled my sub, and if they dont correct it, i dont think i will be renewing

With these nerfs, Op burst dmg will be on par with mercs and commandos, except for the fact that we can only do it once, from stealth. achieving stealth requires either a 3 min CD, or dying. Meanwhile, mercs sit back and mash one key to pull the same numbers. Lets not forget that autoface does half the work for them.
    If someone's letting a Merc stand back and turret, they deserve to die. I play one myself, and no PvPer worth a shit will just stand there and let me shoot missiles down on their heads.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

This is how Op pvp will go

Hidden Strike (2-3k crit on high armor)
    (1.5sec stun if you're stupid enough to actually take the talent), target is on full DR
    Backstab (2-2.5k crit)
    (Debilitate, if you're smart enough to drop Jarring Strikes)
    (Opponent trinkets)

Opponent knockbacks (no DR on knockbacks, like it matters anyway, one is enough)
    Opponent snares/kites
    You slowly die because you have no gap closer or utility outside of 10yds, unless you use vanish

rinse/repeat
    U sir are crying hard, OPP are able to critt for 6 k dude.. compare UR class burst with a deception specced assasin,it's nothing like that not even close! the nerf was needed kk, move on.

And for the love of god, make a good Opener for us assasins, where is the actual burst? being dependent on recklessness isn't good... and what's up with maul, and ... do i realy need to continue?

There are more classes with issues and Operatives dont have issues as far as i know, even ur stealth is better.

There are so many balance problems it's rediculous only thing i hope for are fixes.(and fast)
    Last edited by Alanar; 2012-01-21 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Combat
    General
    Added two daily mission commendations to the high-level space dailies Operation Ascendant Pride (Imperial) and Operation New Eclipse (Republic).
    I approve, incoming endgame space combat.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    I think the nerfs of the OPs are a bit too much. I'm talking as a Pyro Merc that constantly dies from good-geared and skilled ones. They should've changed what they had, not made them useless.

We'll see how this works out.

the numbers that person posted are exaggerated, in the low end. they said high armor, currently in tank spec/gear my damage reduction is 43%, on top of 11% expertise, i still take 5k crits from operatives. to get those numbers it'd be a 50% damage nerf.

operatives need defensive cds? yours are arguably better than the other stealth classes. absorb works on all types of damage and let's you do what you want 1v1, getting kited is unfortunately not an operative/smuggler only issue.

in the end you're being brought down with assassin/shadows, slightly higher, and sages/sorcs have been outdamaging us all along, just not in such huge bursts.

Deleted
    the burst damage was totally op. It's really annoying to get killed without even having the possibility to escape and fight back. And yep, I'm playing a scoundrel.

The sustained damage, on the other hand, is still - meh.

nerf was inevitable, but this should be a workaround and not the final solution.

they need more survivaility, maybe another bleed-effect-dot and another ability to get the opponent into melee range.

by the way - where's the commando/merc nerf?

This is how things usually go. "My (horrifically OP) class is fine, LTP". "We nerfed OP class X because it was OP". OMG I quit!

It will be fine in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, ty for the share.

Deleted
    Commando/Merc nerf? Or what about sith warrior/jedi knight nerf? Or I guess its ok for them to crit 8k~ AOE...

FOTMs can go back to Sorc and Merc again I guess

Deleted
    lol, imp agent nerfs finally

no more thumpthump dead on my 600 expertise 32424523523 armor guardian