Thread: Amazon/Ebay.com

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Amazon/Ebay.com

Does anyone know if any of these websites are pretty trustworthy? I always feel like I am going to get gipped if I purchase something from either of these sites. I am looking to buy books for classes and maybe some console games to kickback. Any feedback would be great

I use both sites alot,moreover i can thankfully say i never had a problem with them. Ive always gotten my item when i ordered through them.

Me personally i like Amazon over Ebay cause most of the things i like on ebay cost 2x more then amazon. Not saying ebay is bad cause sometimes u can find a great deal like i got a hard copy of Gears of War for the Pc for 20$ *the cost of a digital download* all because the guy who got it had a digital download and he wanted his money back most sells of it are 40$ or higher cause its rare to find it and u can't buy it in the store. i have gotten items from amazon and no problems at all *besides a Dvd box set i bought where the disk came loose and was scratched up im sure it was more so shipping's fault then amazon tho. u can return items if they are gotten from amazon themself's but if its some seller like in New york useing amazon make sure he has a return setup *most do i have yet to see anyone not have one*
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Never used any of those .coms. But for the .de or co.uk I can vouch its trustworthy. Tho ebay needs some "skill" according to the sellers, since many ppl got ripped off there aswell. But I'd guarantee forr 99% that amazon.com is a trustworthy site where you can buy w/e you find there and wont getting ripped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd-hand sellers are always a risk, but if you're using paypal or any major credit source or bank, they tend to regard Ebay and Amazon as a legit place, so if you get screwed, they'll back you up.

It's rare, but if you're buying from someplace that isn't a store, just check their # of feedback and it's quality, the shipping location, and if there are any notable differences in the packaging with the official product.

in short: don't buy blind.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Ebay, just make sure the seller has a lot of positive feedback and you'll be okay unless the user got hacked extremely recently or something.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Amazon is a great website, I've never had any problems with them. Their customer service is always very friendly and quick to help you out. As far as I know, ebay is only individual sellers so it's not as trust-worthy, but if the seller has good feedback (usually 98%+) it should be fine.

Amazon lied about my shipping. I paid for next day delivery, it shipped three days later (Weekday, non-holiday days) I asked them about it? "You will be refunded!" never got it, despite asking about 30 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is great. I've never had problems with not getting something I ordered and their customer service is pretty good (my first kindle broke and they sent me a new one.) Once in awhile their computers won't update and a product will be listed as available or available in a couple days but will be out of stock. In those cases you might not get your stuff but you will get your money back. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get it back but again, it is pretty rare.

One thing though, if the item doesn't say "sold by Amazon" or "Fulfilled by amazon" read the info on the seller. Most of the stuff has one of those two but sometimes it is just a random guy/shop selling via Amazon. The reviews should tell you what you need to know.

Ebay there can be problems with their paypal use and fraud. Amazon is pretty good but bewary of sellers that aren't the corperation.

Be aware of a major problem with eBay, at least as far as electronics are concerned: Oftentimes you'll purchase an item with an undeclared defect, in the hopes that you'll just accept it and not go through the hassle of opening a case and paying to send the item back.

amazons pretty good, buying used stuff os risky though. always read reviews of items & sellers before you buy.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always used Amazon and got good deals off them and never had a problem with them at all. Sometimes they send me a little extra such as a game I ordered for $20 they gave me the collectors edition of it

Deleted
    Only used amazon myself, great success

I have ordered from both sites, eBay a bit more, and I have always gotten my stuff.
    A lil tip if you're new at this, check out the sellers ratings and feedbacks, if they have a 100% positive feedback, you are guaranteed to get what you order
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

If you buy from Amazon themselves (rather than second or third party sellers) on Amazon.com, you are pretty much guaranteed good service. Even buying from second or third party sellers is considered reliable.

Ebay, on the other hand, can be dreadful. I have never had a bad deal there, but the horror stories about the site certainly exist. The best thing to do is buying from somebody with 100% positive feedback and taking a minute or two to read their feedback. Buying used is always a risk, of course, but usually worth it if the seller is trustworthy. And if you buy with Paypal, the chances of encountering a fraud are significantly smaller.

Deleted
    I use amazon all the time (only .de and .co.uk though) and so far I've had a very positive experience. For ebay makes sure the seller has a good sellers rating a high positive feedback rating, also to be safe use Paypal for all your purchases.

I've used both sites for many many years. the only issues i've ever had were from specific users on ebay but it's very easy to get a refund and fix any dispute you may end up having with a specific seller.

these sites have been around for a very long time, generate lots of money, theyre probably in the top 15 most visited sites in the entire world, millions of people use them... I think you'll be safe.

Amazon is an actual company that sells products on the internet. They're not going to run off with your money.

I can't say the same for anyone on eBay, most people are evil fuckers.

Just buy from people with a lot of feedback and at least 95%+ percent positive feedback.